News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
It's okay. Not really an alternative to DNVR imo (might become one in the future, though) but a good addition.

You must have a different definition of alternative than the dictionary. It is an alernative because it literally is a different podcast with a different host.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Shouldn't an alternative be on the same or similar level? I'm not sure, I'm not a native speaker.

They're both regularly updated, 5 days a week podcasts. So peeps who want an Avs podcast to listen to on their way to or from work or something of the such have one more alternative now.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Anyone checkout the new Locked on Avalanche podcast? It's a pretty decent daily alternative to the DNVR podcast. Chris Micieli isn't someone I'm familiar with but his takes are even tempered and thoughtful, and he's got an agreeable cadence which is good for a podcast.

Gave this a shot today and man I gotta say what a shitshow of a production it is. Dude thought it was a good idea to play the pure audio of Rantanen and Landy practicing for a solid 5 or so minutes, then proceeded to have a Rantanen interview inexplicably talk over him while he talked about said interview with no audio mix. It was only one episode, but it seemed like a pretty clueless production to me.

Reactions: Balthazar

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Gave this a shot today and man I gotta say what a ****show of a production it is. Dude thought it was a good idea to play the pure audio of Rantanen and Landy practicing for a solid 5 or so minutes, then proceeded to have a Rantanen interview inexplicably talk over him while he talked about said interview with no audio mix. It was only one episode, but it seemed like a pretty clueless production to me.

That Mikko interview was a technical glitch, and yeah a pretty bad one. Maybe most of the other podcasts are so terrible that I'm happy just hearing someone talk Avs who isn't annoying. Happy to give it a chance.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I had a better appreciation of podcast producers like Aml or whoever the guy is Marek and Friedman rag on during 31 Thoughts. It's clear they could use a guy like that on that other podcast. That was honestly annoying to get through. Other than that I didn't mind the content, but they got a little ways to go. But it's a nice 30 minute podcast when most are an hour long so that's nice.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Alright, I'm biting the Athletic bullet. This cyber monday deal is too damn good to pass up

upload_2019-12-2_9-44-23.png

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014

I don't find this kind of tripe compelling as long as rappers use the word repeatedly. And no, you don't get to use words that others aren't allowed to use. It rings hollow when rappers and other celebrities can spout that word with no repercussions and "journalists" won't bother covering that or advocating that what they are doing is despicable as well. Only children and cowards will allow such ridiculous double standards to exist in the first place. Clean up your own backyard.

Reactions: avspatti

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't find this kind of tripe compelling as long as rappers use the word repeatedly. And no, you don't get to use words that others aren't allowed to use. It rings hollow when rappers and other celebrities can spout that word with no repercussions and "journalists" won't bother covering that or advocating that what they are doing is despicable as well. Only children and cowards will allow such ridiculous double standards to exist in the first place. Clean up your own backyard.
So was Bill Peters just a wannabe rapper or Def Jam comic? Because that changes everything!

Reactions: klozge

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
So was Bill Peters just a wannabe rapper or Def Jam comic? Because that changes everything!
No, I don’t think he wants to be either of those. I’d advocate no one uses those words, you advocate some people can use them while others can’t. Your position is untenable. The word is either hostile and disgusting or it is fine.

Apparently you think it is fine. I don’t. Curious that comments are disabled on that article. Better just to preach than to discuss I suppose.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No, I don’t think he wants to be either of those. I’d advocate no one uses those words, you advocate some people can use them while others can’t. Your position is untenable. The word is either hostile and disgusting or it is fine.

Apparently you think it is fine. I don’t.
So the rap music industry uses it, Akim Aliu just needs to accept racial degradation at a personal level. Not being able to direct racial invective hasn't been that big an inconvenience in my day to day life so even if it is a double standard should be an easy one to work around.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
So the rap music industry uses it, Akim Aliu just needs to accept racial degradation at a personal level. Not being able to direct racial invective hasn't been that big an inconvenience in my day to day life so even if it is a double standard should be an easy one to work around.
Yeah, I already pointed out you are comfortable with double standards. Is there any doubles standard that you find appalling or are you good with all of them?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Keep goin', man, I'm about to hit MAGA bingo with you.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

So you dismiss the impact of the word because it's used in some rappers music lyrics?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
PowerlessAgonizingDragon-mobile.mp4

Reactions: Pokecheque

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
So you dismiss the impact of the word because it's used in some rappers music lyrics?
I dismiss pandering articles that are designed to attract college age kids to call to action punishments for some and the full ignoring of it when it is used by others. It is preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad