News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
McGahey only did home Monday games last year.

He was also terrible in all of them and formed a much worse partnership with McNab than anything people on here have complained about incessantly from Haynes or Moser, so this is absolutely something that shouldn't return.

Are you drunk homie?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The only one confused was Moser tho....
It's pretty much his job to know how to pronounce everyone's name correctly, so why he wouldn't have clarified this in preseason camp, or right after he was recalled, and before he got into a game is beyond me.

I used to do color commentary on the radio for HS Football games several years ago, and every week we'd go thru the list of players, and if there was a name we weren't sure about, we'd ask the HC how to pronounce it. Pretty basic stuff.

Reactions: wayninja

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Lol, Altitude is going to get crushed. They can't possibly be this stupid. This isn't going to end well for Altitude.

If Stan wants to dip into the WalMart money, then the end goal could be just to wait out Comcast to make a good deal with them. Or they have some damning evidence. I guess we'll find out.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Perhaps they have a partner in DirecTV here that can help prove this is the case? At one time it seemed all 3 were in cahoots to crush Altitude. I doubt they file this lawsuit if they didn't think they had good enough evidence to win it. It's pretty clear this is happening. Why on earth would Comcast keep all their regional networks and not Altitude? You can't tell me that their Rocky Mountain Regional Sports Network is getting better numbers than Altitude. They have one team they cover from April to September, and then a bunch of crap on the rest of the year.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
At this point I dont care about either side. I'd even be down for ATT or Fox Sports local chapter that plucks some Talent from Altitudes husk. It would be one thing if they were producing great content before all this, but their product is so generic to begin with. Bring in some new blood behind the scenes.

Reactions: klozge

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It'd be sad after years of some real rough beginnings for them to be torn apart right when they got their footing, but that may be where this is going. We'll see what happens. If there is indeed evidence that Comcast and Dish (and at least for a little while, DirecTV) were colluding to drive Altitude out of business, then there's gonna be hell to pay. Without that I'm not sure they have firm ground to stand on here.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't want Altitude to go out of business because it sucks for those who work there, but as a hockey fan I would thoroughly enjoy a non Avs-owned TV coverage. It's OK to keep a distance between the team and the broadcast.

Reactions: ibengals and klozge

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I don’t like the idea of regional sports network with homers either. I’d be intrigued with what replaces it if so.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If Altitude ends up being replaced, I hope the new channel picks up Lauren and Rachel. Because... I think it's unfair... and sexist... if they end up out of a job. Yeah.

Unless this happens much later when they're older, then protect the jobs of someone younger.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad