News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not really Colorado media, but whatever happened to Chris Nichols? Was he shamed into stopping? I know he was catching crap for just grabbing thoughts out of interviews and turning them into juicy headlines

Oddly enough his last tweet was about the Avs

Jean Martineau strikes again! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not really Colorado media, but whatever happened to Chris Nichols? Was he shamed into stopping? I know he was catching crap for just grabbing thoughts out of interviews and turning them into juicy headlines

Oddly enough his last tweet was about the Avs

Is that the guy that Friedman called a hack or something?

Last edited:

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Is that the guy that Friedman called hack or something?

Dreger too. I know he pumped up his headlines, but he always posted the source and that led to me listening to the radio show interviews that the insiders did. Isn't that a good thing?

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Weren't they supposed to alternate the TV and radio guys, which is why Haynes left in the first place? It seems like it's 100% Moser now.

I don't believe so. I'm not sure about this year, but last year they did McGahey mondays, but it was never supposed to be 50/50

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I don't believe so. I'm not sure about this year, but last year they did McGahey mondays, but it was never supposed to be 50/50
Is McGahey doing mondays again this season? Wait.... have we even played a game on a Monday yet?

EDIT: Two games. 6-3 W over Washington in a matinee game and the 1-3 loss to the Blues. Which I missed so I can't remember if McGahey commentated.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'm curious about something. Is it legal by Dater to have a "sale" on his services like several times per week claiming it's "only two hours" left and then having the same sale two days later?

I just got me thinking, I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to do that in Sweden, but maybe you can here?

I'm not calling the police or anything, it just got me curious

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm curious about something. Is it legal by Dater to have a "sale" on his services like several times per week claiming it's "only two hours" left and then having the same sale two days later?

I just got me thinking, I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to do that in Sweden, but maybe you can here?

:laugh:

I don't know about the US, but in Canada to claim that a product is on sale you must

1- have sold the same product at a higher price for more than 50% of the time in the previous 6 months
and
2- genuine sales at a higher price were made (or you can prove that you were ready to meet the demand for those sales)

There's no law against "flash sales" and you can claim it's the last time ever and "change your mind" later. (The automobile industry would be very guilty if that was a crime!).

He'd be OK.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister

Going Out of Business SALE!!!! Everything Must Go!!!!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The US is more about guidance with regards to 'sales.' Hell, our 'Made in the USA' standard isn't really a standard (for most industries, something like the auto industry is strictly regulated in this area). It is a guidance that says all the product or virtually all must be made in the USA. What does virtually all mean? Nothing... there is no set number. It could mean 60% it could mean 95% it could mean 5% depending how aggressive the company is. Along with that, first time offenders almost never get slapped with punitive penalties... which gives incentive to lie about it until you're caught, then simply clean up your act one way or another.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well, yeah he slagged Nichols for being a content aggregator. And I think these reporters are entitled to that opinion but then again there's nothing they can do about content aggregation.

I took it more as Friedman and Co slagging Nichols for portraying himself as a journalist/insider rather than the content aggregator he is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm sure that's it in essence, but I mean how did he do that, assuming that we have brains?

IIRC he was basically saying he was an insider on his site and profile... now all of us that can think, know exactly what he is... but people get touchy over titles.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

oxenfree

Jun 20, 2019
I think Friedman didn't like him because he says a lot of gossipy stuff on the radio and likes the lower-audience freedom to do so. The times he got mad at Nichols were times that he felt Nichols was putting his words out there out of context, or misconstruing something (though Nichols rarely editorialized).

He may have hid behind his condescending real journalism reasoning, but the truth is that Friedman always wants to talk about rumors like he's chatting with the ladies at the hair salon and doesn't want to be held to too much accountability for what he says. When someone is documenting everything you say, that gets more difficult. McKenzie has never gotten into it with Nichols (that I've seen) because he's very careful about what he says and where he says it.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Weren't they supposed to alternate the TV and radio guys, which is why Haynes left in the first place? It seems like it's 100% Moser now.

McGahey only did home Monday games last year.

He was also terrible in all of them and formed a much worse partnership with McNab than anything people on here have complained about incessantly from Haynes or Moser, so this is absolutely something that shouldn't return.

Reactions: Foppa2118

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What we really need to do is trade Peter McNab, Marc Moser, and Conor McGahey to Baltimore in exchange for Gary Thorne. Then extend a lucrative offer to UFA Bill Clement. That duo is so good the Avs could just broadcast them over the radio and call it a day.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
What we really need to do is trade Peter McNab, Marc Moser, and Conor McGahey to Baltimore in exchange for Gary Thorne. Then extend a lucrative offer to UFA Bill Clement. That duo is so good the Avs could just broadcast them over the radio and call it a day.
"The Avalanche's ability to start any kind of a rush here is not happening." "Yeah, that's a great point. Forget about finishing the play. They can't even get it started they're so sloppy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad