John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This thread, man.

AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-small.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Wow great job splitting hairs on that one. For the record, I never said anyone being black is the most important thing about them. I said ignoring it can be just as impactful as other racist things. Racism hides in many forms, and again, my argument was about not ignoring race altogether.

Anyway, back to hockey
I certainly don't want to get dragged into this conversation and also certainly don't want to extend it either but I find myself needing to say this. I don't think anybody was saying they were ignoring race meaning they were ignoring racism. The way I read it (and I really hope I'm right) is that they mean when you see/talk to somebody you are seeing/talking to a person regardless of the color of their skin, religion, language, heritage or what have you. You just see them as another person just like you. That's it. IMO there is a huge difference between ignoring race and ignoring racism. Ignoring race should probably be worded differently because, as it happened here, it can be taken as ignoring racism. In my mind anyway the former is good, the later is really bad.

Anyway I thought I would try to clarify that comment. Back to hockey.

Reactions: Avs91

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
This thread needs some laughter, so here are some drunk takes from Moser. They do this every Friday on the morning radio show. Basically slowing down things the guys said during the previous week to make them sound drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad