News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yeesh...someone needs to get Moser back in the damn booth. Leaving him alone with his thoughts on Twitter is leading to some annoying stuff.

I don't necessarily disagree with the guy's opinions but watching him go on twitter and get upset when people fight with him is pretty hilarious. Then he says he's going to leave but he's back at it two days later, over and over again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Moser DM'ing his personal phone number to haters tells me that he's still learning about social media.

Reactions: Ararana

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm finding I watch the Avs' who-gives-a-f*** social media content if Rachel is in it. I don't necessarily listen, but I watch attentively.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Moser DM'ing his personal phone number to haters tells me that he's still learning about social media.

Public figures like him, Dater, Chambers, and others should never engage in back and forths with fans. Only bad things can come from it, and it likely just puts them in a shitty mood after focusing on all the negativity,

They should only quote something once in a blue moon to put people or narratives in their place, and then go back to ignoring them. Like how comedians make an example out of hecklers to embarrass them.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Public figures like him, Dater, Chambers, and others should never engage in back and forths with fans. Only bad things can come from it, and it likely just puts them in a shitty mood after focusing on all the negativity,

They should only quote something once in a blue moon to put people or narratives in their place, and then go back to ignoring them. Like how comedians make an example out of hecklers to embarrass them.

I think its fun to get a reply once in a while. You're not going to get one from Friedman or LeBrun (or even Clark, FWIW) but you'll possibly get one from Craig Button, Dater, Moser...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If anyone has a subscription for The Athletic or plans on signing up, definitely cancel before they can auto-renew like we discussed a few posts back. My year subscription was set to expire next week and they just sent me an email offering 50% off to renew so I got another year for $35.99. I was going to re-subscribe anyways so it's a good thing I was waiting for it to expire before doing so.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If anyone has a subscription for The Athletic or plans on signing up, definitely cancel before they can auto-renew like we discussed a few posts back. My year subscription was set to expire next week and they just sent me an email offering 50% off to renew so I got another year for $35.99. I was going to re-subscribe anyways so it's a good thing I was waiting for it to expire before doing so.
Solid work A19, I just went to cancel it and I got three more months for free.

Reactions: Avs_19

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Thanks for the reminder. I went to check and already had it cancelled.

Reactions: MonsterMack

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think its fun to get a reply once in a while. You're not going to get one from Friedman or LeBrun (or even Clark, FWIW) but you'll possibly get one from Craig Button, Dater, Moser...

Pretty telling in the stark difference in personalities and emotional stability there.

I don't know about Moser, but ego seems to drive Button, Dater, and Chambers a fair bit. Never got that impression from Friedman, Lebrun, or Clark.

BTW, by engage in a back and forth I meant with haters. Not a friendly Q&A or just commentary.

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pretty telling in the stark difference in personalities and emotional stability there.

I don't know about Moser, but ego seems to drive Button and Dater a fair bit. Never got that impression from Friedman, Lebrun, or Clark.
Well Friedman and LeBrun have the excuse of having hundreds of thousands of followers so they can't keep up with all the replies. Clark I stopped following him because of his annoying childish humor so maybe he does reply to fans now I've no idea.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well Friedman and LeBrun have the excuse of having hundreds of thousands of followers so they can't keep up with all the replies. Clark I stopped following him because of his annoying childish humor so maybe he does reply to fans now I've no idea.

He usually stays quiet on Twitter but he's very responsive whenever The Athletic holds a live Q&A. He's actually quite nice and gracious in those.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He usually stays quiet on Twitter but he's very responsive whenever The Athletic holds a live Q&A. He's actually quite nice and gracious in those.

He'll answer questions in the comments of his articles as well. He just doesn't interact on twitter or maybe he doesn't read his mentions, which probably isn't a bad approach.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I wish I had Altitude right now, and the last couple of weeks really. I’d love to see some of the games they have been broadcasting.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I wish I had Altitude right now, and the last couple of weeks really. I’d love to see some of the games they have been broadcasting.

I’ve been using the free NHL app to watch Avs games from this season.

What I’d really like to watch though, are the playoff games from last year. Unfortunately you can’t get those for free.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

What I’d really like to watch though, are the playoff games from last year. Unfortunately you can’t get those for free.
What I would be really excited to see would be the games in the late 90’s to early 2000’s. It has been almost 25 years since I have seen some of them. In particular I’d love to see some of those Detroit games and that series against Chicago back in ‘96. I think that series made me a fan for life.

I remember scheduling everything I did around the Detroit games from that era and getting so excited when it was game-day.

What a great time period.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

I have the full games 3 and 4 of the Calgary series on my Plex server. I could make those files available on my public onedrive for interested parties who DM me.

I could get the others ones, but it takes time and honestly those were the only two games awesome enough to make my personal archive. Mostly because of Cale's debut, but MacKinnon and Mikko were magic in game 4.

I also have the full 2001 game 7 vs the devils :naughty:

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I have the full games 3 and 4 of the Calgary series on my Plex server. I could make those files available on my public onedrive for interested parties who DM me.

I could get the others ones, but it takes time and honestly those were the only two games awesome enough to make my personal archive. Mostly because of Cale's debut, but MacKinnon and Mikko were magic in game 4.

I also have the full 2001 game 7 vs the devils :naughty:

That’s sweet, thanks. Unfortunately I don’t have plex. If I figure out a way to get it on my TV I’ll definitely let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad