News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dear Athletic,

Ryan Clark is worth every penny you're paying him. He's the only reliable, unemotional, hard working reporter we have covering this team. Please don't lay him off.

He's worth the investment because he'll only get better as he gets more connections.
Meh.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Seems to me the Athletic axed reporters who were duplicates in certain markets.

Clark is by far the best “lead” reporter we’ve had in a while. His effort level is a welcome novelty. He does run into limitations and after being on the beat a few years now I am hoping for a bit more from him.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Clark is amazing. If they boot him I might cancel my Athletic subscription.

They did axe some guys who were the only reporters covering their respective teams. For instance, they got rid of Craig Morgan (Arizona) and George Richards (Florida). I don't believe there's anyone else covering those two teams. Boy if that don't tell ya something about perceptions of those two markets, especially given the fact that the Coyotes actually made the playoffs this year, nothing will.

Reactions: Avs_19

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

They did axe some guys who were the only reporters covering their respective teams. For instance, they got rid of Craig Morgan (Arizona) and George Richards (Florida). I don't believe there's anyone else covering those two teams. Boy if that don't tell ya something about perceptions of those two markets, especially given the fact that the Coyotes actually made the playoffs this year, nothing will.
That's really sad when the markets that need exposure the most are the ones that won't get any at all

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

They got rid of the Coyotes, Suns, and Cardinals writers in the Phoenix/Arizona market. Same with the Panthers and Heat in Miami/Florida. They had two writers contributing to the Heat so maybe the guy doing less before will do more now but that's two markets that got gutted.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think it was just all secondary people, but probably the people who got the least clicks. They would easily have that data, and those that are driving subs will be the ones to stay. They gutted a lot of their college staff to where nobody is covering those markets now.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
AJ is on CBC up here in Canada...and it's not hockey related.

lyndsay-sanders-and-aj-haefele.jpeg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fiances-separated-canada-us-border-1.5620261

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Even with extra time and their businesses losing money, KSE and Comcast/Dish still can't find a way to negotiate a deal so fans in Denver can watch the best team they've had in almost 20 years compete for the Cup?

Here's an idea. Maybe bring some new faces to the negotiating table and soften your stance just a bit? How can they not figure this out? Nobody is winning here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->