News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
nhl.com used to let you go to a player's profile page and watch all their goal highlights. It was their only redeeming quality....

Trying to get a Makar fix.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
So the Avs went and sponsored and monetized the #AvsTwitterPsychic hashtag, the Avs twitter game that Jay Vean created many years ago. Jay does about once a month Avs Hockey Podcast. The game is predicting which Avs player who scores the first goal for the team every game with the hashtag. The hashtag makes it easier to go through the predictions and what not. I'm not too familiar with how monetizing hashtags work, but I assume the Avs will get paid by Fanduel, the new sponsor, and that using the hashtag will result in some kind of advertising/exposure for Fanduel.

Jay's statement: About Last Night’s #AvsTwitterPsychic

Admittedly there are plenty worse examples of questionable ethics when it comes to business. And ethics more blurry when it comes to something like twitter hashtags. But it still feels messed up. I never played the game but I'd definitely stop now if I did, and really it had been one of the fairly innocent and good natured things generated by social media, and there's less and less room for that.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wasn't aware that you could monetize hashtags on twitter. I never heard of that guy and his monthly podcast and never seen that hashtag, surely the few pennies the Avs can make from it isn't worth pissing off those people. Not sure what's the point.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
6DE3BF18-4422-4D2E-B23E-45E31411EF99.jpeg

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
So the Avs went and sponsored and monetized the #AvsTwitterPsychic hashtag, the Avs twitter game that Jay Vean created many years ago. Jay does about once a month Avs Hockey Podcast. The game is predicting which Avs player who scores the first goal for the team every game with the hashtag. The hashtag makes it easier to go through the predictions and what not. I'm not too familiar with how monetizing hashtags work, but I assume the Avs will get paid by Fanduel, the new sponsor, and that using the hashtag will result in some kind of advertising/exposure for Fanduel.

Jay's statement: About Last Night’s #AvsTwitterPsychic

Admittedly there are plenty worse examples of questionable ethics when it comes to business. And ethics more blurry when it comes to something like twitter hashtags. But it still feels messed up. I never played the game but I'd definitely stop now if I did, and really it had been one of the fairly innocent and good natured things generated by social media, and there's less and less room for that.
That's just sad and difficult to understand. Would be good if the Avs apologize.

member 149439

how tf is it game 51 and we still can't watch on Xfinity. Such a joke.

I figured someone would have caved by now.
Having Comcast all season this year and I haven’t missed a game. I watch them all on altitude too....

Nhl66.ir
-free
- 4K resolution
- free chat with all members over all games
- free 24 hour replays of all games
- home away choices and goalie iso cams
- mlb version and nba/ nfl coming soon
- free game wager system that counts clicks to keep site forever free
- some connection issues when lots of games start at once but it always straightens out with active moderators. Again I haven’t missed a game all year.

I know it’s been posted but it’s that or nothing and if you don’t like not watching on tv then you don’t care that much about watching. Just use a web browser on your tv or stream through your phone to tv. Or if you can’t do that just watch it on a smaller screen or don’t watch. Just know you have options

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
That's just sad and difficult to understand. Would be good if the Avs apologize.

I think they did. I'm not sure how it played out, but Jay tweeted thanks to the Avs social media account "for listening" and is continuing the twitter game. I assume they apologized then cancelled the sponsorship associated with the tag.

Reactions: klozge

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think they did. I'm not sure how it played out, but Jay tweeted thanks to the Avs social media account "for listening" and is continuing the twitter game. I assume they apologized then cancelled the sponsorship associated with the tag.

Still very annoyed about that. For a bunch of PR/marketing people it was a shockingly tone-deaf thing to do. They seriously didn't think that wouldn't go over well with the fans?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Having Comcast all season this year and I haven’t missed a game. I watch them all on altitude too....

Nhl66.ir
-free
- 4K resolution
- some connection issues when lots of games start at once but it always straightens out with active moderators. Again I haven’t missed a game all year.

I know it’s been posted but it’s that or nothing and if you don’t like not watching on tv then you don’t care that much about watching. Just use a web browser on your tv or stream through your phone to tv. Or if you can’t do that just watch it on a smaller screen or don’t watch. Just know you have options

All hail the mighty know-it-all!

Don't act like you're better than me because you stream illegally.

You do whatever illegal shit you want. I don't steal TV, music, or anything else.

member 149439

All hail the mighty know-it-all!

Don't act like you're better than me because you stream illegally.

You do whatever illegal **** you want. I don't steal TV, music, or anything else.
I am doing nothing illegal I pay for internet to access the games, and never said I was better than you. I was trying to help people still struggling to find a way to watch a game. I get annoyed by some people who complain no cable and are given a solution to their annoyance then complain it’s not perfect. You can stream through a legal website or not I don’t care. Just trying to help some fellow fans.
If you don’t want to use this don’t but don’t be a jackass about it. Thank you for also cementing my decision to more or less lurk only and not post on here since no matter what anyone says someone is always going to take it wrong or think they need to prove something. Rather than belonging to a community based on a common like....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Breck Av and madman

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Nhl66.ir
-free
- 4K resolution

Thanks, but if you saw my next post you'll know that I have a pretty good handle on it ;)

Still pretty effing ridiculous and doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to still watch on my HUGE tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad