News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I was under the impression your rambling monologues on the 16th Street mall were being recorded.

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Somebody needs to do one of those phone pranks that they're tricking politicians into.

Trick Brad May's agent or somebody into thinking Spittin Chiclets wants to do a phone interview, and then a few minutes in they just start ripping into him for being a piece of shit in a heavy Boston accent.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Somebody needs to do one of those phone pranks that they're tricking politicians into.

Trick Brad May's agent or somebody into thinking Spittin Chiclets wants to do a phone interview, and then a few minutes in they just start ripping into him for being a piece of **** in a heavy Boston accent.

Reactions: Foppa2118

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Anyone notice that Altitude is now completely gone from Comcast, and now during games, Altitude only says bring back the games Dish?
Im pretty sure I saw a comcast banner during the game. It was a totally different design that the dont block my avs but I'm like like 98% sure.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Yeah, there's definitely still comcast banners during the game. They are along the top in white on black. They stopped doing the ones on the side that forced the screen resolution down a while ago. Those ones pissed me off so bad.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Also, this:
Comcast files motion to dismiss Altitude Sports lawsuit

Comcast spokeswoman Leslie Oliver said in a statement to The Denver Post. “We think it’s unfair to our customers who do not want to watch the games to overpay to subsidize a network that has numerous distribution options in addition to Comcast, such as other video service providers, online video channels and directly to consumers.”

This is the same company that just increased their tv fees by 57% due to "rising costs."

Comcast raising local TV fees 57% in January; Altitude Sports missing from 2020 lineup

Do they truly think that people are this dumb? They drop their "regional sports" fee by $1.25/month, but increase their other fees by almost $7/month and expect us to believe that they are protecting us from overpaying?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Also, this:
Comcast files motion to dismiss Altitude Sports lawsuit

This is the same company that just increased their tv fees by 57% due to "rising costs."

Comcast raising local TV fees 57% in January; Altitude Sports missing from 2020 lineup

Do they truly think that people are this dumb? They drop their "regional sports" fee by $1.25/month, but increase their other fees by almost $7/month and expect us to believe that they are protecting us from overpaying?
And from a company with so much integrity too.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lauren 2.0 and Rachel must have known each other before the latter joined the Avalanche. They have friends in common in media, including, unfortunately, Carley McCord, who was recently killed in a tragic plane crash. They also hang out a lot with Taylor McGregor, who used to work for the Rox.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Lauren 2.0 and Rachel must have known each other before the latter joined the Avalanche. They have friends in common in media, including, unfortunately, Carley McCord, who was recently killed in a tragic plane crash. They also hang out a lot with Taylor McGregor, who used to work for the Rox.
It's always cool to learn that two people you don't actually know have mutual friends who you don't know who they are at all. Thanks!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, we'll see how it went. At times I felt like I blathered incessantly and talked over him a couple times but overall I think it went okay. Chris is a pretty nice guy. We're apparently going to touch base later on to see how many of my "predictions" panned out.

The invite to do one of these is open to any Avs fan BTW. He actually hit me up via DM before I even knew he was doing them. I really liked the one he did with our old friend Avalangelist.

Reactions: The Merchant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->