Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The real question is if a woman did that to a man, would she have been suspended? Now with that said, men are pigs.

If she specifically talked about banging said co-worker? Yeah, she would be. In fact, I still think the bar is lower for women. Susannah Collins used to work for the Blackhawks and an old tongue-in-cheek video she did that had some rather risque references was re-posted, and she was promptly kicked to the curb.

I've heard sportscasters gawk about their hot co-workers before and it was no big deal, JR just took it a step too far by suggesting he wants to have sex with her. I don't think this is a "PC Culture" sort of thing. Pretty sure that would get him fired anywhere. But it doesn't help him that this is the same network that enabled Matt Lauer for years and years.

Reactions: hooverdam

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh....JR has been hit in the head so many damned times with a puck....does anyone actually expect him to intelligent? I'm just thankful for how kick ass he was in NHL 94. I won a lot of "C" button hockey with him on my team.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Stupid comment.

I find it weird that JR and his wife are vacationing with another women.
Got no idea about that, but it seems pretty reasonable to me. My wife and I have often gone on vacation with other couples....or even with a third wheel. I have no idea of Kathryn Tappen's status nor do I care. Just saying that it isn't surprising for friends to vacation together.

As for what was said, yeah...it sounds like he actually should have actually said more...to clarify that they were not in fact a group in the biblical sense of the word. Regardless, Puck Soup's gotta quit going down the locker-room route if they want to maintain quality guests. If they keep dragging every conversation down to the lowest common denominator there won't be a single agent who allows a player to join that podcast.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Got no idea about that, but it seems pretty reasonable to me. My wife and I have often gone on vacation with other couples....or even with a third wheel. I have no idea of Kathryn Tappen's status nor do I care. Just saying that it isn't surprising for friends to vacation together.

As for what was said, yeah...it sounds like he actually should have actually said more...to clarify that they were not in fact a group in the biblical sense of the word. Regardless, Puck Soup's gotta quit going down the locker-room route if they want to maintain quality guests. If they keep dragging every conversation down to the lowest common denominator there won't be a single agent who allows a player to join that podcast.
Other couples, fine. Relative tagging along, fine. But, going to a super romantic location like Portugal with your wife and super hot coworker? It’s just not something that I would do and that I have seen in my circle. I mean it can happen like you plan for two couples to go and then one person gets dumped and you all go nonetheless. But to do it just like that, I don’t know. It’s just weird to me.

Also, how does JR’s wife feel after hearing his comments?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Spittin' Chiclets, but Puck Soup, now that's a quality show.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What’d he say?

On the Colorado Scene

Scroll down. At least he's saying not to panic, so there's that.

But this part just...ugh.

I was incredulous when the Avs paired Makar with him after Makar arrived from UMass during the first round of the playoffs -- and then surprised that it worked. (Makar is listed as tall as 6-1 in some places, but officially is 5-11 and 187 pounds.)

The Minnesota loss, when Makar and Girard both were minus-2, was a reminder: It isn't going to work long-term -- at least not at even strength. They can be wizards on the power play and at moving the puck, but Girard should be with Erik Johnson -- who can compensate -- at even strength, as he was most of last season.

Talk all you want about how the game has changed, but at some point somebody in a pairing has to be able to play physical in front of the net.

One bad night from a struggling Girard and a very rusty Makar and BREAK IT UP. C'mon, Terry. I don't think Turn-and-Burn should necessarily be an every night thing, but to say the G/EJ pairing should be reunited when it's been a train wreck so far this season (and parts of last season too) is just silly. And FTR, Bednar has put that pairing on the ice for short stints so it's not like he's abandoned it completely.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I really think the only reason the G-EJ pairing has struggled is the same reason why G-Zadorov/Graves/Cole/Makar has struggled, and that's because Girard has struggled this season.

I've always been ok with the idea of Girard-Makar because as opposed to other OFD, they're not just talented defenseman, they're both very cerebral defenseman. So they know when to defer to one another, and when to hang back for one another when they're being aggressive.

That said, Makar isn't comfortable in the D zone right now and should have a more defensive anchor to help him until he gets more comfortable. Girard could use the same right now to be honest.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I really think the only reason the G-EJ pairing has struggled is the same reason why G-Zadorov/Graves/Cole/Makar has struggled, and that's because Girard has struggled this season.

I've always been ok with the idea of Girard-Makar because as opposed to other OFD, they're not just talented defenseman, they're both very cerebral defenseman. So they know when to defer to one another, and when to hang back for one another when they're being aggressive.

That said, Makar isn't comfortable in the D zone right now and should have a more defensive anchor to help him until he gets more comfortable. Girard could use the same right now to be honest.

So we should run:
Grakar
Zadard
Jocole

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

3DC.gif

Reactions: Bubba Thudd
Status
Not open for further replies.