News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Wish Altitude would sell to an NBC RSN. Would be great to get YouTube TV and have it include the regional sports channels like Chicago does.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wish Altitude would sell to an NBC RSN. Would be great to get YouTube TV and have it include the regional sports channels like Chicago does.

That's definitely what Comcast and Dish want them to do.

But f*** Comcast. They're raising their rates exponentially, whatever supposed "extra" costs get passed on to subscribers are meager, and practically nothing compared to what they're doing come 2020.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is Dater the most dedicated beat writer in the league? I feel like every travel he makes to cover the team is life threatening.

The blizzard today and didn't he stay in a crack house or something last year?

*which I know was through and Airbnb some how.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Is Dater the most dedicated beat writer in the league? I feel like every travel he makes to cover the team is life threatening.

The guy is hard working. I just wish the product produced by his hard work wasn't so convoluted by his own opinion. It's his own fault hes so ignorant about a sport hes covered for so long.

Makes it difficult to root for him, but hes made his bed with his history.

If he was any good, and was able to rein himself hed have been poached by the A with his history around the team. That experience is so valuable, but he absolutely erases its value. Which sucks, but name recognition is the only reason hes still able to pull any kind of base.

I don't completely dislike him the way I do with Chambers, or Hunter, but his credibility is shot.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
The guy is hard working. I just wish the product produced by his hard work wasn't so convoluted by his own opinion. It's his own fault hes so ignorant about a sport hes covered for so long.

Makes it difficult to root for him, but hes made his bed with his history.

If he was any good, and was able to rein himself hed have been poached by the A with his history around the team. That experience is so valuable, but he absolutely erases its value. Which sucks, but name recognition is the only reason hes still able to pull any kind of base.

I don't completely dislike him the way I do with Chambers, or Hunter, but his credibility is shot.
His hard work isn't reflected in his work. You can tell that he has mostly spent 30 min writting a piece he posts, often 5-10 minutes. Doesn't put in time to do actual research about what he writes about.

It's a problem that his general understanding and knowledge of the game is so poor.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
More Dater stuff but that's actually a very good idea. Don't have to be the hockey now brand but get there early and if you're any good you can make a career out of it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
More Dater stuff but that's actually a very good idea. Don't have to be the hockey now brand but get there early and if you're any good you can make a career out of it.

Thank god hes not. I would lose my shit lol. I won't be jumping ship, but I'll definitely be more than a bandwagon fan of Seattle.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
LMAO NBC just suspended Jeremy Roenick indefinitely for comments he made about Kathryn Tappen on the latest Spittin Chiclets podcast.

I listened to the whole thing and didn't think it was that bad but PC culture is gonna PC culture.

Reactions: S E P H

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
LMAO NBC just suspended Jeremy Roenick indefinitely for comments he made about Kathryn Tappen on the latest Spittin Chiclets podcast.

I listened to the whole thing and didn't think it was that bad but PC culture is gonna PC culture.
What did he say?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

NBC is terrified of a sexual harassment case. If they do nothing, they become liable. Even if Sharp and Tappen don't care, if Roenick harasses any other person, NBC has to prove they took proper steps to not be liable. They simply can't take that chance.

TLDR rocket talk is still fine provided you don't make comments about coworkers.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
NBC is terrified of a sexual harassment case. If they do nothing, they become liable. Even if Sharp and Tappen don't care, if Roenick harasses any other person, NBC has to prove they took proper steps to not be liable. They simply can't take that chance.

TLDR rocket talk is still fine provided you don't make comments about coworkers.

Don't disagree with you. My comment was aimed at society as a whole rather than simply just NBC. But even JR should have enough brain cells to have kept the threesome comments off the air given his role as a public figure.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Those were pretty mild comments about what seems to be a good friend, but JR has to know better than to talk about a female coworker at NBC like that on a podcast. That's just asking for trouble.

NBC is up shits creek with all the things they did to suppress the Matt Lauer story and other incidents they've had.

I'm sure this won't be the only time someone puts their foot in their mouth on that podcast. It's like the Howard Stern show used to be. The hosts create this locker room environment, and guys go on there and say things they wouldn't normally say behind a mic as public figures.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't disagree with you. My comment was aimed at society as a whole rather than simply just NBC. But even JR should have enough brain cells to have kept the threesome comments off the air given his role as a public figure.

Well, NBC simply can't take any chances after Lauer. It isn't PC culture so much as they simply can't take on the legal burden and that has been around for many decades with regards to sexual harassment.

Reactions: McMetal

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I gotta admit, when the season started I thought it wouldn't have been this bad. I thought Altitude was too small for either them or the cable companies to care. However, it seems that both sides have double-down in ego pride, pretty insane how they haven't got a deal done yet.

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The thing is that a woman wouldn't do that. That's the difference

Wouldn't say that stuff on air, but to a friend? Some of the stuff women talk about among their group puts dudes to shame.

JR is just stupid enough to say that stuff while being recorded. So while nothing he said is that bad. I've got very little sympathy for him.

Reactions: UncleRisto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->