Colorado Avalanche - Great young foundation

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
they had almost all of those same players two years ago and were the worst team in the league by far

not saying they'll be that bad again but dynasty? cmon

Lol, we're missing like 11 people from the travesty season roster. Rene Borque, Beauchemin, Colborne, Iginla, Duchene, Gelinas, Golobuef, Greer, Grigorenko, Grimaldi, Mcleod, Street, Mitchell, Siemens, Pickard, Tyutin, and Weircoch. Sorry my math was wrong that was 17 regular season players not on the roster. God bless.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
if 40% of your team is garbage and you replace them over a couple years with legit NHL players (even if 3rd and 4th liners), you can't be called basically the same team, IMO.

And the Avs are going to be a Dynasty that puts the other emerging young teams like the Jets and Leafs to shame for the next decade! :sarcasm::sarcasm:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Looks like a good core. Is the depth there too? (I don't follow Colorado much, so that's a genuine question).

Makar + Timmins (if he recovers from the concussion issue) could really help solidify that blueline.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think best case scenario you get something around 10th with Ottawa’s pick. They look like a wildcard right now at least

Reactions: olop

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
As has been said, this is crazily premature. Their 1st line is championship caliber but they to figure everything else out. but that is obviousl the hardest part so they have that figured out at least.

Edit: title was updated from dynasty to nice foundation...yes that I obviously agree.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think they over achieved last year. But no question they ave some great assets to build on. But the limited scoring especially in a hard playoff series will require a center or wing who can be a real contributor on another line.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Looks like a good core. Is the depth there too?

On paper, it's there. In practice it's relying on a lot of prospects to develop and current young guys like Kerfoot, Compher and Zadorov to keep improving. So who knows, but man do the names look good after years of nothing.

Kaut, Bowers, Kamenev, Greer, Shvyrev, Saigeon and others look interesting. Meloche is an underrated defender. Francouz looks like a great goalie pickup.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
But no Avs fan have claimed we’re going to be a dynasty. Just saying we have a solid core to build a good team around.

honestly we probably more or less agree overall then,since last year i've had the Avs pegged as a lower end but consistent Playoff team like a Minnesota going forward and think things like Girard/Makar/that Ottawa pick have the potential to drag them up into contender status if they turn out well

I was just taking exception to the op and that list being used to call them a dynasty

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
avs fans have reason to be excited for the future, but nothing is a guarantee, still have lots to do until they become legit threats every night. they are wilding inconsistent even period to period.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Obviously very happy with the start to the season and a lot of positives to draw, but the Avs have had a fairly easy schedule to start the year. Glad to be winning teams against middling teams like the Devils and Flyers, but the real test will come against their divisional opponents like Nashville and Winnipeg. That's when we will really see where this team is at. However, key to be successful in the central is rack up points in the East and the Avs have done that nicely to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad