Colorado Avalanche - Great young foundation

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I tend to disagree.

42% corsi For. extremely high PDO. Getting massively outchanced but have 55% GF.

It's early, so funny things can happen, but this doesn't appear to be a team playing well and earning wins. It's a team getting massively outplayed and coming away with a few wins regardless.

And quite frankly, it's just 7 points in 6 games. That's well under a playoff spot pace anyway.

They'll get a great pick out of that.

Not to mention they still have their own, which could be anywhere from 12th or 14th to 20th or so?

"Not getting a lot of lottery balls" <> "making the playoffs"

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Agreed. Leafs fans are already starting enough threads on here. I understand they're upset we beat them, but they don't need to rope the Avs into this.
OMG. First, you complain about too many Leaf threads. Now, it's Avs threads.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Dynasty and generational player have both completely lost their meaning. Now every up and coming team is a dynasty and every good young player is generational.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Dynasty and generational player have both completely lost their meaning. Now every up and coming team is a dynasty and every good young player is generational.
fair enough.

Let me rephrase - they seem to be building one of the best young foundations in the league.

Better?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
talking about a team building something special?

Are there other teams you feel have been assembling something comparable?
Because within seconds all these kind of threads just turn into a massive bashing thread. And we're not a dynasty, not unless we hit a lot of home runs and things go perfectly in multiple ways.

Reactions: swiftwin

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Because within seconds all these kind of threads just turn into a massive bashing thread. And we're not a dynasty, not unless we hit a lot of home runs and things go perfectly in multiple ways.
okay. Maybe dynasty is too strong a word. Tremendously strong, young foundation. They're doing well.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Have you watched any senators games this early season? If they keep it up, you aren't getting a lot of lottery balls.
Yeah, Leafs don't have Sens pick so he is indeed geeting nothing. Can this please be closed? The OP does not represent any sane member of the Avs fanbase and this is nothing more than a "let's dump on the Sens " thread.

Reactions: NyQuil and swiftwin

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Have I gone back in time? I swear I read this exact thread years ago in regards to Edmonton.
Well sure. Edmonton has had about 20 opportunities to build something. The Avs have quietly done a better job of it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You Avs fans are too humble.

Colorado thread on the main board:

AccomplishedWarpedDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

What is there to bash? They're looking like they could make the playoffs this year. Young team. Biggest area of need is more defense, and Cale Makar and Conor Timmins will certainly help fill that gap.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Mackinnon at 6.3 for the next 5 years helps a lot, and the defence has gone from league worst to one of the most promising, still far away from contender though. If the Ottawa pick actually does become a lottery win that would really help in solidifying the core and making them real threats year in year out.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
giphy.gif

There's so much to unpack in this thread I feel like we are collectively glossing over this.

You don't think Varlamov can win the Vezina? On some pretty bad teams, he's managed 920+ save percentages.

And has also been runner up for the vezina already.

I do'nt think it's a stretch to say he has the capability. Hell I'd say it's a stretch to say he doesn't.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
What is there to bash? They're looking like they could make the playoffs this year. Young team. Biggest area of need is more defense, and Cale Makar and Conor Timmins will certainly help fill that gap.
"Biggest area of need is defense" - shows how much you know.

Reactions: NyQuil

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
More defense is what the Leafs need. The Avs need secondary scoring.

Agreed, the Leafs need better D. They'll get bumped out of the playoffs in the first round again if they try to play shinny hockey in the playoffs.

member 298589

Words like "generational", "dynasty" and "epic" were ruined long ago and have no useful meaning in normal discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad