Colorado Avalanche - Great young foundation

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
They need another impact or elite forward to staple a 2nd line and give them more depth and support from the top line.

I've given up on Jost being that guy. Don't see it with Bowers, Kaut maybe...

Maybe they push hard for a Mark Stone in Free Agency although it apears OTT will make every attemp to re-sign him long term and that talks have happened already. Maybe they hit the hackpot and get a franchise forward with OTT's 1st.
Jost is still REALLY young.

And yeah, they can possibly get a top young forward in the draft. I still think they need another top dman, but maybe Cale Makar is that guy? It's a shame, Connor Timmins was looking great, hopefully he can make a comeback. I hear he's back on the ice skating again.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
From what I've heard, the talks with duchene and stone have gone quiet. I would be shocked if either one of them signed by the deadline. There's no reason for them to sign, and no repercussions if they don't. They only stand to benefit by holding out.

Also Ottawa is in 30th and thier owner might have trouble coming up with the signing bonuses lol
Would you even want Duchene back?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Would you even want Duchene back?
He certainly is exactly the player we want for the 2c. If he signed for 6x7 and made amends, I wouldn't complain. I think the chances of that are close to zero.

My guess is we draft a 2c this year. Hopefully the pick is high enough to get a player able to join the team next year. Jost isn't even close to being a 2c.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
They need another impact or elite forward or 2 to staple a 2nd line and give them more depth and support from the top line.

I've given up on Jost being that guy. Don't see it with Bowers, Kaut maybe...

Getting a guy like Stone would be huge but I think the most realistic situation is the Ottawa pick nabbing us a stud for the second line. The question is how many years is that kid going to need before he can step into the NHL and make an impact.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Getting a guy like Stone would be huge but I think the most realistic situation is the Ottawa pick nabbing us a stud for the second line. The question is how many years is that kid going to need before he can step into the NHL and make an impact.
If it's a top 5 pick, I'm going to say there's a good chance he plays next season. Top 3, I'd say it's pretty certain. If it's top 2, then it's guaranteed.

This is all assuming that we still lack scoring depth. If we trade for a couple players, they might get in the way. It's a crap shoot really

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
If it's a top 5 pick, I'm going to say there's a good chance he plays next season. Top 3, I'd say it's pretty certain. If it's top 2, then it's guaranteed.

This is all assuming that we still lack scoring depth. If we trade for a couple players, they might get in the way. It's a crap shoot really
Well the avs loss last night pushed that pick into the second lottery position.

So you can take some good out if it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->