Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
You Avs fans are too humble.

Colorado thread on the main board:

AccomplishedWarpedDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

no one wants to jinx the mikko magic!

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
So, we are past the 10 game mark, and Colorado holds a spot at the top of the standings, while Ottawa predictably sinks down the standings.

Things really looking good for the avs. An elite team that has a shot at getting the first overall pick anyway.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Games on back to back days, with travel in between, not an easy one for the Avs tonight.

Ottawa not in action. Assuming the island hold on and win, that's 9th last. Three more teams with a chance to pass them tonight, they could sit in as low as 6th last by tomorrow. But unlikely Arizona can beat Tampa.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Mikko Rantanen is doing things even Avs fans couldn’t have imagined in their wildest dreams

the timeline just moved up for Colorado

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Good weekend. 1 win, unfortunately one less (as pointed out, a difficult night though).

And the sens sink to 7th last. That pick is looking good, as expected.

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Horrible schedule made by NHL once again. First back to back, then four days off and once again back to back games. Hopefully they'll be able to rest enough so playing b2b doesn't bother too much.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Avs need to get a proper 2nd line and most of all a solid #2C and then they are ready to compete. Should not be too hard to accomplish.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
The Avs need to get a proper 2nd line and most of all a solid #2C and then they are ready to compete. Should not be too hard to accomplish.
There are some great centers at the top of the 2019 draft. Jack Hughes? Dylan cozens? Kirby dach? All of which could probably step in next season.

And then a few more like Rafael davoie or alex turcotte. But I doubt that pick lands outside the top 5 so you should get your pick of a centre that can step in straight away.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
the Avs are back in action tonight, after a 4 day layoff. they should be fresh, and hope to get back in the win column. Nashville and Tampa, the only two teams with more points, are playing each other tonight. So, if the Avs win (and assuming no 3 point game by the Bolts and Preds), the Avs could be in second place in the league by the end of the night.

Ottawa is winless in 4 games, that pick is looking like a real gem. their issues with goaltending are looking really bad, and no relief in sight either. With their starting goaltender, who is on the verge of retiring anyway, unable to stop a beachball, they've cut their backup loose, and it looks like they just called up his replacement.... 35 year old career AHLer Mike McKenna?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Mike McKenna (b.1983) hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
the Avs are back in action tonight, after a 4 day layoff. they should be fresh, and hope to get back in the win column. Nashville and Tampa, the only two teams with more points, are playing each other tonight. So, if the Avs win (and assuming no 3 point game by the Bolts and Preds), the Avs could be in second place in the league by the end of the night.

If you really wanted this thread to be about the Avs, you would’ve stopped here.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
His interest obviously is more related to taking shots at Ottawa than to the discussion about Avs's core.
how so? This reminds me of the situation Boston was in, when they had an elite team, and two high picks coming. I think it's something to watch. As we've seen, it sets a team up very nicely to win the cup.

And no, the Avs are not my number 1 team, but I've always been a bit of a fan. there have been a LOT of greats pass through the organization in a pretty short history. Patrick Roy, Forsberg, Blake, Bourque, Sakic. All amazing players. And they've never been a dirty team either, always respectable.

A lot of the favourite players from my youth formed the teams I carry a liking for. I was very young when gretzky was traded, the Kings became one of my favourites. Bam Bam Cam was also a favourite, so I like the Bruins. Sakic was my reason to love the Avs.

Last edited:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Just taking a look back on this. A lot of people didn't think the Avs were for real, and wouldn't last long where they were.

- Their first line continues to tear apart the league.
- They're still a phenomenal young team, that holds onto the third divisional seed.
- Their first pick this year has very high potential to be first overall.

Rantanen is an absolute gem. The Avs really have a great thing going.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Just taking a look back on this. A lot of people didn't think the Avs were for real, and wouldn't last long where they were.

- Their first line continues to tear apart the league.
- They're still a phenomenal young team, that holds onto the third divisional seed.
- Their first pick this year has very high potential to be first overall.

Rantanen is an absolute gem. The Avs really have a great thing going.
We have like 3 wins in our last 12 games. Not the time to be bumping this thread bro

Reactions: Ararana

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
We have like 3 wins in our last 12 games. Not the time to be bumping this thread bro
It's not really about this year though. It's about the overall picture. They need a few pieces on both D and forward, but they have both on the way.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It's not really about this year though. It's about the overall picture. They need a few pieces on both D and forward, but they have both on the way.
This is the main boards. This thread will be about this year. Probably this month.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They need another impact or elite forward or 2 to staple a 2nd line and give them more depth and support from the top line.

I've given up on Jost being that guy. Don't see it with Bowers, Kaut maybe...

Maybe they push hard for a Mark Stone in Free Agency although it apears OTT will make every attemp to re-sign him long term and that talks have happened already. Maybe they hit the hackpot and get a franchise forward with OTT's 1st.

They have some nice D prospects that I'm sure they will hit on and find an impact player in someone like Makar and or TImmins

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They need another impact or elite forward to staple a 2nd line and give them more depth and support from the top line.

I've given up on Jost being that guy. Don't see it with Bowers, Kaut maybe...

Maybe they push hard for a Mark Stone in Free Agency although it apears OTT will make every attemp to re-sign him long term and that talks have happened already. Maybe they hit the hackpot and get a franchise forward with OTT's 1st.
From what I've heard, the talks with duchene and stone have gone quiet. I would be shocked if either one of them signed by the deadline. There's no reason for them to sign, and no repercussions if they don't. They only stand to benefit by holding out.

Also Ottawa is in 30th and thier owner might have trouble coming up with the signing bonuses lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad