Coliseum Thread

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
wherever they figure they are going to make the most money, I am guessing Barclays because of the suites and the attendance is going to be solid based on the last playoff run, they would need to really jack the prices up to like $150 for the nosebleeds at the Coliseum to make it work there, but it could be done

I may have asked the question, but I already figured the answer would be NVMC. Even playoff games wouldn't do well in Brooklyn. It's a dead duck. No reason to go there, even for playoff games. The team would want the best atmosphere to win and that's at HOME. There'd be plenty of revenue.

I do understand that the capacity is larger in Brooklyn, but I honestly doubt they would sell out any playoff games there.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I may have asked the question, but I already figured the answer would be NVMC. Even playoff games wouldn't do well in Brooklyn. It's a dead duck. No reason to go there, even for playoff games. The team would want the best atmosphere to win and that's at HOME. There'd be plenty of revenue.

I do understand that the capacity is larger in Brooklyn, but I honestly doubt they would sell out any playoff games there.

These mythical playoff games would take place wherever BSE determines they can make the most money off of them. While I agree that this split schedule thing is stupid and that attendance at Barclays has suffered for regular season games since games at the Coliseum were announced, I think the playoffs would be a different matter. Barclays would absolutely sell out for Islanders playoff games. The fanbase bitched and moaned about Brooklyn the whole inaugural season and yet the playoff games were packed houses.

Last edited:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
These mythical playoff games would take place whereever BSE determines they can make the most money off of them. While I agree that this split schedule thing is stupid and that attendance at Barclays has suffered for regular season games since games at the Coliseum were announced, I think the playoffs would be a different matter. Barclays would absolutely sell out for Islanders playoff games. The fanbase *****ed and moaned about Brooklyn the whole inaugural season and yet the playoff games were packed houses.

The thing that Barclays also adds to the mix is the corporate suite revenue, too. So I'd be pretty surprised if, in the event the Islanders fall ass backwards into the playoffs, they're not held there.

Reactions: Strummergas

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Supposedly the playoff location announcement will come some time around the trade deadline assuming they are in or close to a spot. The league won’t want to wait til the season ends nor will Yormark etc want that decision coming that late as you need to have some sort of staffing plan in place as well as scheduling

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Supposedly the playoff location announcement will come some time around the trade deadline assuming they are in or close to a spot. The league won’t want to wait til the season ends nor will Yormark etc want that decision coming that late as you need to have some sort of staffing plan in place as well as scheduling

I was also thinking that if theres going to be a change for more games at the Coliseum next year that would be coming around season ticket renewal time... I believe that's January or February?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I was also thinking that if theres going to be a change for more games at the Coliseum next year that would be coming around season ticket renewal time... I believe that's January or February?

Nah. They pulled the rug out from under us for this season by not making the announcement about the increased amount of Nassau games until way after the renewals had begun. I fully expect them to play at the Coliseum full-time starting next year, but they won't be making that announcement until later.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Nah. They pulled the rug out from under us for this season by not making the announcement about the increased amount of Nassau games until way after the renewals had begun. I fully expect them to play at the Coliseum full-time starting next year, but they won't be making that announcement until later.

Honestly, I know it seems likely right now for a full time Coliseum season next year, but I still wouldn't be surprised if there's a split, because of that sweet suite revenue from Barclays.

I know the announcements came very late this year, but it also seems crazy to me to wait longer than renewal time to announce that there wouldn't be any games at Barclays.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Re: playoff games, my understanding is that NYCBLive@NVMC is booked for all of late April into May for a tractor pull, monster trucks and the 2019 GeezerPalooza Tour, featuring:

"Molly Hatchet*" [*1 original band member]
"Foghat*" [*no original band members]
"Kansas*" [*no original band members, but one guy is from Kansas]
"Blew Oyster Cult*" [*or may be "Blue Oyster Cult", pending litigation]
"Billy Idol*" [*
may not actually be THE Billy Idol]
"Boston*" [*
see Kansas above, but substitute Boston]

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Nobody's in those suites during the regular season from what I've seen. Doubt filling them during the PO would really even budge the needle overall.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Re: playoff games, my understanding is that NYCBLive@NVMC is booked for all of late April into May for a tractor pull, monster trucks and the 2019 GeezerPalooza Tour, featuring:

"Molly Hatchet*" [*1 original band member]
"Foghat*" [*no original band members]
"Kansas*" [*no original band members, but one guy is from Kansas]
"Blew Oyster Cult*" [*or may be "Blue Oyster Cult", pending litigation]
"Billy Idol*" [*
may not actually be THE Billy Idol]
"Boston*" [*
see Kansas above, but substitute Boston]

I hope they book Yacht Rock Revue!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Does anyone know if Billy J will be performing Saturday night?

I read that Isles in their typical cheap ass fashion, are hiring the understudy to Mike DelGuidise...the lead from Big Shot. Isles fans can't tell the difference anyway.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hey! Kansas still has the guy with the eye patch! I think Tom Scholz still sometimes plays as Boston. He was really the entire band anyway - and the singer is dead.
I made those "figures" up - just making fun of NYCBLive's drawing power and also some stuff I've read about some of those old bands trading on their names more than being the actual guys (although not necessarily the ones I listed). :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad