Coliseum Thread

Original Rob

Aug 9, 2011
Hi, looking for a little help here.

I haven't yet been to the renovated Coli. On Ticketmaster they describe some of the 200-level seats as "Limited View of Ice Seating". E.g. section 203, Row 6, as well as directly across the rink in Section 223, Row 4.

In the old Coli, these would've been 300-level seats and would have been spectacular. Does anybody know whether something has changed and these are truly limited view now?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hi, looking for a little help here.

I haven't yet been to the renovated Coli. On Ticketmaster they describe some of the 200-level seats as "Limited View of Ice Seating". E.g. section 203, Row 6, as well as directly across the rink in Section 223, Row 4.

In the old Coli, these would've been 300-level seats and would have been spectacular. Does anybody know whether something has changed and these are truly limited view now?
I think these have to do with the camera wells. At the old coliseum these obstructions existed as well. Specifically, 302 row E was often times available even though on paper it should be the best seat in the house. But you were directly behind the camera and it was constantly moving. Really sucked.

I'm not sure to what extent these are truly obstructed as there seems to be a lot of seats listed like this and from my quick glance across the ice, it didn't seem too bad to me, but I wasn't sitting behind them of course.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Speaking of obstructed view, where are all the god damn TVs for the upper 200s? I had tickets to Thursday's game in an obstructed-view seat and there wasn't a TV or display of any kind in sight. Couldn't even tell where the game clock was at without checking my phone. This wasn't an issue in the old Coliseum, and LCD TVs are so cheap now that they should have plenty of them.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Speaking of obstructed view, where are all the god damn TVs for the upper 200s? I had tickets to Thursday's game in an obstructed-view seat and there wasn't a TV or display of any kind in sight. Couldn't even tell where the game clock was at without checking my phone. This wasn't an issue in the old Coliseum, and LCD TVs are so cheap now that they should have plenty of them.
Another "improvement" to the coliseum brought to you by the geniuses at BSE. Your phone is now a part of the fan "experience."

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Fill out the survey they probably sent you. That seems like something they can install pretty easily - especially if we are going to play there all of next year, which I'm assuming we are.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

I see you are heeding Yormark's advice. Well done.

Reactions: nyisles

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Anyone see the emails about how nicely the Coliseum is being run for events other than hockey?

Attachments

• coli.jpg
    coli.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 39

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Anyone see the emails about how nicely the Coliseum is being run for events other than hockey?

I always found it odd that both the coliseum and Barclays center have all these food and drink options, but don’t open the doors early enough to maximize fan purchases. Opening early would also alleviate the rush of customers at peak times.

And why did they do away with the old Dooulin’s (*spelling?) in the basement of the coliseum.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I always found it odd that both the coliseum and Barclays center have all these food and drink options, but don’t open the doors early enough to maximize fan purchases. Opening early would also alleviate the rush of customers at peak times.

And why did they do away with the old Dooulin’s (*spelling?) in the basement of the coliseum.

They cant even keep the ice cold, how can they run a 2nd building? :)

Reactions: Poster Unknown

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Another "improvement" to the coliseum brought to you by the geniuses at BSE. Your phone is now a part of the fan "experience."
I see you are heeding Yormark's advice. Well done.
Yormark's comment about watching your phone while at the game was the first thing I thought of :laugh:

Fill out the survey they probably sent you. That seems like something they can install pretty easily - especially if we are going to play there all of next year, which I'm assuming we are.
I didn't get any survey, probably since I got the tickets third-hand (bought from Stubhub & given to me as a gift). Might email them, though I'm not expecting anything to come of that.

NJIsles

Jan 14, 2019
Greetings from New Jersey! This board seems really great, very thorough, and I love the snowstorm thread! Anyway I am an Isles fan from NJ and I will be going to the game this thursday at the Coliseum with 3 friends, one of them being a Devils fan and the two other guys are more casual fans, one of which who will definitely pull for the Islanders. Hopefully we stay on a roll vs St. Louis tomorrow night, and take advantage of another very winnable game against a struggling Devils team.

I was ecstatic to learn there would be more games at the coliseum and when I found out the Devils were playing it worked out great for me and my buddy. We tailgated years ago at the old coliseum, but I am wondering what the deal is for the new coliseum. On the website it says entry at 4pm, but I am hoping to get there earlier than that. I took off of work so I want to make the most of the day, I am thinking we would get there at 3pm, do you think the gates will be open?

Also I saw "no grills or open fires"......that can't be true right? We planned on grilling, no fire though. Nothing too elaborate, but I am a NY Jets season ticket holder and we are just treating it like a Jets tailgate. I really hope we can grill and Im pretty sure I saw videos of people grilling from this year. From reading other posts in this thread it SEEMS like grills are ok and the lot opens earlier than 4pm, but I want to be sure as I want everything to go smoothly.

Finally, is there a section of the parking lot you would most recommend AND should I buy a parking pass in advance or wait til I get to the lot? Maybe there is a section that nobody will get bothered if you have a grill going, or a section where the most fun is at. We will be getting there super early and just want to have a big party, so if you know a particular section that parties the best, let me know! Thanks in advance, Go Isles!

Last edited:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Greetings from New Jersey! This board seems really great, very thorough, and I love the snowstorm thread! Anyway I am an Isles fan from NJ and I will be going to the game this thursday at the Coliseum with 3 friends, one of them being a Devils fan and the two other guys are more casual fans, one of which who will definitely pull for the Islanders. Hopefully we stay on a roll vs St. Louis tomorrow night, and take advantage of another very winnable game against a struggling Devils team.

I was ecstatic to learn there would be more games at the coliseum and when I found out the Devils were playing it worked out great for me and my buddy. We tailgated years ago at the old coliseum, but I am wondering what the deal is for the new coliseum. On the website it says entry at 4pm, but I am hoping to get there earlier than that. I took off of work so I want to make the most of the day, I am thinking we would get there at 3pm, do you think the gates will be open?

Also I saw "no grills or open fires"......that can't be true right? We planned on grilling, no fire though. Nothing too elaborate, but I am a NY Jets season ticket holder and we are just treating it like a Jets tailgate. I really hope we can grill and Im pretty sure I saw videos of people grilling from this year. From reading other posts in this thread it SEEMS like grills are ok and the lot opens earlier than 4pm, but I want to be sure as I want everything to go smoothly.

Finally, is there a section of the parking lot you would most recommend AND should I buy a parking pass in advance or wait til I get to the lot? Maybe there is a section that nobody will get bothered if you have a grill going, or a section where the most fun is at. We will be getting there super early and just want to have a big party, so if you know a particular section that parties the best, let me know! Thanks in advance, Go Isles!

Me and my friends were allowed to grill and I have seen multiple other people as well this year. That should be good. Lots are open earlier than 4 PM, at least on the weekend I went to a game. I went to the game around 3 PM maybe a little earlier and I was able to park. I always buy the parking in advance, you might save $5 or something.

Wherever you park you will get f***ed driving out of there though. Park wherever you want and just tailgate.

Reactions: NJIsles

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Me and my friends were allowed to grill and I have seen multiple other people as well this year. That should be good. Lots are open earlier than 4 PM, at least on the weekend I went to a game. I went to the game around 3 PM maybe a little earlier and I was able to park. I always buy the parking in advance, you might save $5 or something.

Wherever you park you will get ****ed driving out of there though. Park wherever you want and just tailgate.

As far as where to park, my take is go to lot 2 and park at the back near the fence - preferably where there is an exit. If you bust ass back to your car after the game, you should be able to pull out quickly without any backup. Just don’t dawdle after the game.

Reactions: NJIsles

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
Hey y'all - my brother and I are planning on going to Thursday's game, sitting in row 6 of one of the 100s (forgetting which one). I'm recovering from back surgery from a month ago (in my mid-20s so recovering well but sports have done me in) and using a cane for going out in public. When parking, how quickly will the lot be filling up? Would we be able to get there by 5:30-6ish and not have a far walk to the car?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hey y'all - my brother and I are planning on going to Thursday's game, sitting in row 6 of one of the 100s (forgetting which one). I'm recovering from back surgery from a month ago (in my mid-20s so recovering well but sports have done me in) and using a cane for going out in public. When parking, how quickly will the lot be filling up? Would we be able to get there by 5:30-6ish and not have a far walk to the car?
5:30 should be fine. If you need to park close to the building and keep your walking to a minimum it might be worth while to splurge for VIP parking. Check into buying it in advance on the NYCBLive website.

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
5:30 should be fine. If you need to park close to the building and keep your walking to a minimum it might be worth while to splurge for VIP parking. Check into buying it in advance on the NYCBLive website.

Any idea on the cost of VIP? Tried looking on the website and it only seems to offer the regular "GA" option for parking.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Any idea on the cost of VIP? Tried looking on the website and it only seems to offer the regular "GA" option for parking.
I think it’s $40 but I assumed it would be available on the website.

Edit: I spoke out of turn. Sorry about that.VIP parking seems to be only available to those who bought LI All Access packages. It’s a shame too because they set aside prime parking spots for them and it is underutilized.

Check on StubHub. Sometimes people sell their VIP parking passes there.

Last edited:

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
I think it’s $40 but I assumed it would be available on the website.

Edit: I spoke out of turn. Sorry about that.VIP parking seems to be only available to those who bought LI All Access packages. It’s a shame too because they set aside prime parking spots for them and it is underutilized.

Check on StubHub. Sometimes people sell their VIP parking passes there.
Thanks for checking!

Truly just shocked that NYI have a fault in their business operations!!! /s

Reactions: MJF

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
last night was my first visit to the old stomping ground. would like to know where the $180 million in renovations went? Is that the going rate for new chairs, paint and wood beams to hold the concourse up? oops, I forgot the copper exterior, smh...

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
last night was my first visit to the old stomping ground. would like to know where the $180 million in renovations went? Is that the going rate for new chairs, paint and wood beams to hold the concourse up? oops, I forgot the copper exterior, smh...

Ha! Was there last night too -- first time this year. Such a love/hate relationship with that place. The good and bad have been mentioned a bazillion times, so no need to mention.

But the bad is always softened with a Victory!

Didn't get to go to Marriott before or after -- I know that Champions is gone -- but is there still a place for pre/post game celebrations in there? Some sort of standard bar/grill spot?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I was actually surprised by the way the place looks. Better than I expected, but I had zero expectations to begin with. But yeah, all the old problems are still present, so the place is the perfect example of lipstick on a pig; still a dump, but a nice looking dump! :laugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Ha! Was there last night too -- first time this year. Such a love/hate relationship with that place. The good and bad have been mentioned a bazillion times, so no need to mention.

Didn't get to go to Marriott before or after -- I know that Champions is gone -- but is there still a place for pre/post game celebrations in there? Some sort of standard bar/grill spot?
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-rest...and-marriott/crop-&-kettle/81288/home-page.mi

crasherino

May 9, 2013

I was actually surprised by the way the place looks. Better than I expected, but I had zero expectations to begin with. But yeah, all the old problems are still present, so the place is the perfect example of lipstick on a pig; still a dump, but a nice looking dump! :laugh:

What did you guys think about the traffic flow in the rotunda? For whatever reason, it seems much better to me this year than pre-renovation. May have been my specific experience but so far I haven't had the big bottle necks that were always happening....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad