Coliseum Thread

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I may have asked the question, but I already figured the answer would be NVMC. Even playoff games wouldn't do well in Brooklyn. It's a dead duck. No reason to go there, even for playoff games. The team would want the best atmosphere to win and that's at HOME. There'd be plenty of revenue.

I do understand that the capacity is larger in Brooklyn, but I honestly doubt they would sell out any playoff games there.

You think that a playoff game wouldn't sell out, despite the fact that they've previously done so? In what world would a playoff game not sell out? :help:

They could play those games on a remote lake and there would people looking at pictures of tree bark and cloud formations to figure out where the heck it is just to get there.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
You think that a playoff game wouldn't sell out, despite the fact that they've previously done so? In what world would a playoff game not sell out? :help:

They could play those games on a remote lake and there would people looking at pictures of tree bark and cloud formations to figure out where the heck it is just to get there.

Not world, but state. New Jersey!

Reactions: SteveH124

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What’s the logic of building a new stadium? Why can’t isles move back to Nassau permanently?
For starters the Coliseum only has 11 useable luxury suites. The other 20 cannot be made ADA compliant so they will remain boarded up.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What’s the logic of building a new stadium? Why can’t isles move back to Nassau permanently?

It's terrible for everything except watching the game. The locker rooms are bad, even though recently renovated, the concourse is horrible, there aren't enough restrooms, there aren't enough suites, there's no public transportation options, the ice wasn't good (not sure if that was fixed with the recent renovations)...and most importantly, it's about money for the owners.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
That was such a great experience. I am not sure why they had 4:00 parking on the tickets if lots were open though. The crowd is nothing compared to Barclays and everybody just feeds off that energy.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
That was such a great experience. I am not sure why they had 4:00 parking on the tickets if lots were open though. The crowd is nothing compared to Barclays and everybody just feeds off that energy.

They're trying to discourage the tailgating I guess but it's failing pretty hard!

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
On the question of where playoffs will be played. First off, I will be happy to just make the playoffs with the "where" secondary. Maybe I am too altruistic and I know revenue is a driving factor, but given the atmosphere and how the players also comment on how it fuels them, I would think that they would also factor in that the coliseum would give them more of the "home ice advantage".... Maybe it is a stretch but if the coliseum is worth an extra win and extends us to another round there would be economic value there as well, plus good will and long term impact from the energy it would create with the fans. Been to multiple games in both places this year and I don't think it is debatable that there is a huge difference in the energy levels . Long term vs short term, maybe.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
It's terrible for everything except watching the game. The locker rooms are bad, even though recently renovated, the concourse is horrible, there aren't enough restrooms, there aren't enough suites, there's no public transportation options, the ice wasn't good (not sure if that was fixed with the recent renovations)...and most importantly, it's about money for the owners.

Last night the amenities were tolerable. I went for food during the period and there were no crowds. And the bathroom lines weren’t outrageous. I also pulled into the lot at about 655, got a spot in lot 2 no problem and was inside by the national anthem.

I realize it’s lipstick on a pig and they didn’t address the overall capacity and the luxury box situation but so far, in the 2 games that I’ve been to, it’s been pretty decent. I can’t comment on the locker rooms - they didn’t invite me in.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Last night the amenities were tolerable. I went for food during the period and there were no crowds. And the bathroom lines weren’t outrageous. I also pulled into the lot at about 655, got a spot in lot 2 no problem and was inside by the national anthem.

I realize it’s lipstick on a pig and they didn’t address the overall capacity and the luxury box situation but so far, in the 2 games that I’ve been to, it’s been pretty decent. I can’t comment on the locker rooms - they didn’t invite me in.

I think the best thing they did was blow out the main entrance to make it more spacious. I've never gotten food during the period before, because I don't want to miss any of the play, but I had issues when the circus was in town when it was first renovated. Haven't been to a game this year though. I imagine the decreased maximum attendance could help a little bit, but I imagine it's mostly the same and it looked the same from videos/pictures I've seen from the recent games.

That said, I'm glad mostly everyone is happy and enjoying themselves. The seats and viewing of the ice is great.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think the best thing they did was blow out the main entrance to make it more spacious. I've never gotten food during the period before, because I don't want to miss any of the play, but I had issues when the circus was in town when it was first renovated. Haven't been to a game this year though. I imagine the decreased maximum attendance could help a little bit, but I imagine it's mostly the same and it looked the same from videos/pictures I've seen from the recent games.

That said, I'm glad mostly everyone is happy and enjoying themselves. The seats and viewing of the ice is great.
The biggest plus is that you can now walk completely around the seating area between the lower and upper bowl. When people get used to doing that instead of walking around on the concourse it will help relieve some of the crowding. Just a matter of changing old habits.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York

They've previously done so when the fans did not yet know that they had no choice but to go to Brooklyn to see their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad