Coliseum Thread

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Poor Mayfield think the fans are just clamoring to get back to Long Island and it is going to be a capacity crowd every nite, I am guessing he is in for a rude awakening as early as next Monday against the Penguins
I think you're in for a rude awakening because there aren't many standard admission tickets left for that game.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I expect most of the Coliseum games to draw well this year. Though if they are out of it in Feb/March the midweek games will be pretty sparse crowds.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
No, the ice was bad at the Coliseum for a long time before they moved because the arena only had one functioning condenser for the ice instead of two.
I'm not sure it was Barclays bad, but it was bad. I'm not sure if it's been replaced with the renovations.
The money ($10M) they just got was supposed to include fixing the ice plant, but who knows if they actually did it?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I expect most of the Coliseum games to draw well this year. Though if they are out of it in Feb/March the midweek games will be pretty sparse crowds.
Agreed. Similar to the last year at the Coliseum where it was also a novelty.

We’ll see what happens when we get Tuesday nights in January. But January is more hockey season than October. Barclays had the unenviable task of trying to fill seats on a weekday in October against the Left coast teams. That’s a tough task.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011

We’ll see what happens when we get Tuesday nights in January. But January is more hockey season than October. Barclays had the unenviable task of trying to fill seats on a weekday in October against the Left coast teams. That’s a tough task.

Luckily there arent a ton of monday/Tuesday games in the backend of the schedule this season.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Hell, we'll see what happens on Monday!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Who demanded the loudest boos the Coliseum has ever heard? Tucker? Hunter?

I was at game 3 of the Mets-Dodgers NLDS after Chase Utley broke Rueben Tejada's leg and that collection of boos was unbelievable. I think it's safe to say that 2/28 will be louder.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
Thank you, now please beat the Leafs in the postseason as I think you guys are the only ones who are able to stop them
Not that you want to hear a bunch of stuff about TB but ex-Rag Ryan McD is playing out of his mind great this year. Has raised game of entire D. I think injury really held him back last post-season. So if Vasy comes back and plays at his best and we stay healthy we should be able to give those mother-f**king Leafs a run for their money but make no mistake, they are stacked and their D is getting better all the time. Going to be a pretty interesting next 10 days for TB. Play BOS, COL, TOR, WPG. We'll have a better sense of who we are after that. Been beating up on a lot of mediocre teams so far.

Was able to watch a lot of your game against WPG last night. Trotz has really put his stamp on that team. You just don't have any pure scorers or a solid PP Dman. I'm sure LL is working on it. Future looking good. Thx.

Last edited:

Sideshow Bob

Nov 18, 2008
springfield prison
Forgive me if this was already asked and answered in another thread...Why did they switch sides/locker rooms/benches when returned to coliseum and now shooting at north goal twice? I hope there's a better answer than to keep it consistent with Barclays. It just doesn't feel right. team also loses money this way. Since seats cost more in offensive shooting zone x2, now they have lost a prime section of seats by Zamboni entrance.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Forgive me if this was already asked and answered in another thread...Why did they switch sides/locker rooms/benches when returned to coliseum and now shooting at north goal twice? I hope there's a better answer than to keep it consistent with Barclays. It just doesn't feel right. team also loses money this way. Since seats cost more in offensive shooting zone x2, now they have lost a prime section of seats by Zamboni entrance.

All I've heard about this is that "the other locker room was bigger."

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Islanders fandom in a nutshell. They come back to their "legendary building" after 3 years of bitching and moaning about Brooklyn and now fans are complaining that they're shooting twice on the wrong side of the ice! :laugh:

Reactions: YearlyLottery

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Islanders fandom in a nutshell. They come back to their "legendary building" after 3 years of *****ing and moaning about Brooklyn and now fans are complaining that they're shooting twice on the wrong side of the ice! :laugh:

Banners are in the wrong place.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Anyone else noticed they played a ton more 80s stuff on Monday? I can't be sure if that was designed to play to the crowd or if that's all there is in the Coliseum music budget.

Reactions: nycole

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Looks like another hot/expensive ticket for Saturday night. Too bad they couldn't win last night to give a little more momentum/juice.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
So when the Isles make the playoffs, where are the home games going to be?
wherever they figure they are going to make the most money, I am guessing Barclays because of the suites and the attendance is going to be solid based on the last playoff run, they would need to really jack the prices up to like $150 for the nosebleeds at the Coliseum to make it work there, but it could be done

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad