Coliseum Thread

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Didn't see one posted....Just starting to think about logistics for this weekend as I got a reminder to buy parking in advance (link to buy is below - code is NYIPARKING if one is needed)....

I haven't been to a game there yet since the move. Is everything the same as 4 years ago? Anyone have any good tips (parking or otherwise) they can share? I've always parked in what looks to be considered Lot 2 on the map as they would open the back fence exits to pull out onto Charles Lindbergh. I'm assuming that's still the same.

Looking forward to seeing some hockey back at the Coliseum....as well as seeing an actual crowd at an Islander game.

buy Ford Parking Lot | NYCB LIVE

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
It's pretty much the same... I've only parked in the lot facing Hempstead turnpike so I'm not sure about whether the other areas have changed.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The north lot is still the same. Parking there is good for the folks who head to the Northern State Pkwy after the game.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The only good tip I can think of is to wear a catheter, because the bathroom situation is EXACTLY the same as it was.

They still have the outdoor bathrooms though, right? What about the beer garden (aka outdoor beer vendors). Is that still there?

Will there be a boat show going on downstairs at the same time???

Reactions: WorkHahdPlayHahd

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The north lot is still the same. Parking there is good for the folks who head to the Northern State Pkwy after the game.

Yeah - that's exactly what I was thinking. If you can get near an exit and pull out quickly, you're on the Meadowbrook heading North pretty quickly.

Reactions: MJF

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Sooooooooo happy they’re going to be playing at the coli, can’t wait to go to a game.

I’ve gone to 1 game since the move to Brooklyn, and it was the last game of 15’-16’ where capuano played all the scrubs, and we lost to the flyers. (Which was good bc it meant we faced the panthers in playoffs)...it was the worst hockey game experience I ever had.

I thought I would find some charm in the building, and at the very least, maybe the concourse/food/bathrooms would be appealing to some extent, but that wasn’t the case of all.

Now I can go to a game on a whim, rather than plan the damn thing out.

Reactions: MJF

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
We used to park along the fence to the Marriott. Go visit Champions and use their bathrooms before heading over.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
They still have the outdoor bathrooms though, right? What about the beer garden (aka outdoor beer vendors). Is that still there?

Will there be a boat show going on downstairs at the same time???
The outdoor bathrooms, the beer garden/smoking area are still there.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
The only thing they did which is a thumbs up, is remove the box office location, so that when you walk into the main entrance, there is a whole lot more room. Course, once you leave there, its the standard sardine squeeze. If I recall, I think they also made an interior concourse as well, between the 2nd and third levels, which will help a bit too.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
The only thing they did which is a thumbs up, is remove the box office location, so that when you walk into the main entrance, there is a whole lot more room. Course, once you leave there, its the standard sardine squeeze. If I recall, I think they also made an interior concourse as well, between the 2nd and third levels, which will help a bit too.

Yup- you can now walk around the entire arena from the inside area.

Reactions: bigtim1988

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
A little disturbing that there are still a fair number of tickets available from the box office. Yes, the game is premium priced, but not selling out the first game back would not look very good.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
A little disturbing that there are still a fair number of tickets available from the box office. Yes, the game is premium priced, but not selling out the first game back would not look very good.

Its going to be a cloudy Thursday,, you can't expect people to show under those conditions.

Reactions: eoin92

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Check again. Using the Ticketmaster site and filtering out the verified resale seats there appears to be just a handful of box office tickets available as of 12:30 PM today.

Maybe they were released to BSE's own reseller. Who knows...

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
They were running a Black Friday deal that waived the fees on tickets for the first 3 games back at the Coliseum. Doesn't exactly bode well for attendance when they need to entice the fanbase to be there for the much-hyped "homecoming".

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
They were running a Black Friday deal that waived the fees on tickets for the first 3 games back at the Coliseum. Doesn't exactly bode well for attendance when they need to entice the fanbase to be there for the much-hyped "homecoming".
Does it matter? As long as the tickets are sold who gives a shit how much someone paid?

Reactions: The Lighthouse

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If you don’t mind crossing Hempstead Turnpike I usually park down one of the residential streets by Starbucks. Never had a problem.

Reactions: Bones45

WorkHahdPlayHahd

Mar 7, 2016
I've been to two events at the new coli (not hockey) since it opened, and I can confidently say that the new "full ring" inside the bowl will help out congestion in the hallway if the staff lets people know that they can access their seats from inside. So excited for Saturday!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've been to two events at the new coli (not hockey) since it opened, and I can confidently say that the new "full ring" inside the bowl will help out congestion in the hallway if the staff lets people know that they can access their seats from inside. So excited for Saturday!

The hallways were just as bad when I went for a lower attendance event when it re-opened. I made a detailed post about it back then with pictures of some of the changes.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Didn't see one posted....Just starting to think about logistics for this weekend as I got a reminder to buy parking in advance (link to buy is below - code is NYIPARKING if one is needed)....

I haven't been to a game there yet since the move. Is everything the same as 4 years ago? Anyone have any good tips (parking or otherwise) they can share? I've always parked in what looks to be considered Lot 2 on the map as they would open the back fence exits to pull out onto Charles Lindbergh. I'm assuming that's still the same.

Looking forward to seeing some hockey back at the Coliseum....as well as seeing an actual crowd at an Islander game.

buy Ford Parking Lot | NYCB LIVE
Lines are no problem whatsoever, but be sure to wear your skinny jeans.

nassau-col-3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad