Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid fights the life back into the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Was more referring in the article what they have in the pipe line. Yes their D is very solid but not sure if its enough to over come goaltending and lack of offense. I do think Torts is a solid coach (despite how I feel about him) to help them find a way to create offense during the season. I guess we will see, as its too early. It's also too early to write us off too like some were the other day.

Point still stands them and Carolina are one and two in terms of D in the Metro. Philly should be in that conversation if Myers and Sanheim continue to develop and Ghost doesn’t continue to fall off.

Reactions: NEPA

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You wont have a 3rd line like HBK ****ting all over your foes.

You don't necessarily need that level of scoring dominance from them though.

What you need is the guarantee that every single line will force the opposition towards breaking point trying to keep up. Sooner or later that level of intensity forces cracks and you start getting opportunities.

And, while I'm not a 100% confident, if Rutherford sticks to the mindset that saw McCann and Tanev come in, we'll keep moving closer.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So if you're just sitting around your house watching tv, are you wearing jeans? Dress pants? What do you lift in that isn't basically the same thing as sweat pants? Are we in a world where gym shorts aren't the same level?

If I wore sweats my wife would never have sex with me again. I don’t think you are following...

I lift/lounge in training/warm up pants or hybrid athletic shorts, etc. Nothing crazy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I wore sweats my wife would never have sex with me again. I don’t think you are following...

I lift/lounge in training/warm up pants or hybrid athletic shorts, etc. Nothing crazy.
I am not following, you're right. Sweat pants and warm up/training pants are pretty much the same thing. I am legitimately baffled that one is being considered better or classier than the other. When I say I wear sweats, I am actually wearing those things about half the time. Sure, if you're actually out running or whatever the lighter material and tighter fit is better. But in terms of "fashion", it's the same damn thing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I draw the line at lycra...
I go to the gym in full greenman

latest

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I am not following, you're right. Sweat pants and warm up/training pants are pretty much the same thing. I am legitimately baffled that one is being considered better or classier than the other. When I say I wear sweats, I am actually wearing those things about half the time. Sure, if you're actually out running or whatever the lighter material and tighter fit is better. But in terms of "fashion", it's the same damn thing.

Sweats and warm ups are not even close to the same thing.

It’s ok, though. I used to live with my bro in my 20s and he would rock red sweats and “Beefcake Cartman” shirts that were way too young on him... like at least two sizes.

And that’s if I was lucky. If not he would just walk around in his Fruit of the Looms.

You never told me what Timbs Oxfords replicas you had... because that’s one of the only things you can wear to pull off wearing sweats and looking good. Sort of...

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Good win against a team we should beat. Good job!

That poor Elvis kid was JJ-level bad.

Can we have a thread without bashing JJ? Some of you are just obnoxious. We have a great win and everyone plays well and we get this crap. If I want to see this all go read Ryan Wilson or Hooks Orpik. If you can’t post positively after this game I am just going to block you.:help:

JJ plus 3 and still takes shots from hecklers. Boo!!!! By all means do it when he deserves it but has not played bad in his first two games this season.

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
Sweats and warm ups are not even close to the same thing.

It’s ok, though. I used to live with my bro in my 20s and he would rock red sweats and “Beefcake Cartman” shirts that were way too young on him... like at least two sizes.

And that’s if I was lucky. If not he would just walk around in his Fruit of the Looms.

You never told me what Timbs Oxfords replicas you had... because that’s one of the only things you can wear to pull off wearing sweats and looking good. Sort of...
Is this a Canadian term? I’ve never heard this.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For the record.. i do rock some stylish joggers. But they are fashion style joggers. Skinny style. No drop crotch. I'm not a monster. But def skinny style and high end quality.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Devils have allowed 12 goals in two games.
Hey Ray, how about a trade for old times sake?
A Jarry or DeSmith would look preeeeeetty good for them right now considering both their goalies have been Niemi-level through 2 games. :laugh:

All yours, for the low low price of one Jack Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad