Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid fights the life back into the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hockey chat related - shot wise, JJ/Gudbranson and Pettersson/Schultz didn't exactly have great nights in terms of the volume, but Dumo/Letang absolutely killed it. Does that feel right to people as a reflection of how the game looked?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It's good to see us run away with a game when they let up for a minute. Can't complain about the energy and the finish in the 2nd half. Good start.

And as I've been whining about for 2 years straight and will continue to do so, we have to attack the points instead of giving up easy passes in our zone. You get rush opportunities when you force their D to consistently make tough plays at the blue line. McCann's first goal is the sort of thing that happens consistently when you keep the pressure up in the zone instead of collapsing down. It's also how we took the pressure off our D when we won our cups. You don't need organised breakouts when you're getting rushes off turnovers. More of that please.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I’m nude for medical reasons.

giphy.gif

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
OT: I am heartened by the fashion nazi’s here. Odds are at 50% that when I see a male American tourist over 25 walking the streets of Shanghai, he will be wearing khaki pants, with a nondescript shade of blue tugged-in shirt and the belt riding high making the usually pronounced belly cause a Humpty Dumpty-like impression. This look is always, always completed with white tennis socks and running shoes/trainers.
Also, when encountering the above look, odds are 100% it is an American.

I don’t know why this is. But it is.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sweats and warm ups are not even close to the same thing.

It’s ok, though. I used to live with my bro in my 20s and he would rock red sweats and “Beefcake Cartman” shirts that were way too young on him... like at least two sizes.

And that’s if I was lucky. If not he would just walk around in his Fruit of the Looms.

You never told me what Timbs Oxfords replicas you had... because that’s one of the only things you can wear to pull off wearing sweats and looking good. Sort of...
ok I'll be honest, I thought timbs and the oxfords were two separate things. If I'm wearing sweatpants I'm probably just wearing tennis shoes. I'll be honest, despite not caring about fashion I think sweat pants with boots is one of the douchiest looks I've ever seen. Like, I don't care what people where, but I'll judge someone wearing that.

Either way, I'm not like going out to dinner in sweat pants. I'm showing up to frisbee in sweat pants and then wearing gym shorts to play. Same with the gym. Or I'll lie around the house or go pick up groceries because who gives a f*** what I'm wearing for that?

And all of this makes me feel crazy. At least half the guys I know wear sweat pants on a regular basis in the same kinds of situations I do. Part of me thinks this whole board is in on some weird prank, because nowhere in my real life does anybody give a shit what I wear. And I don't think anybody else in the world thinks warmup pants are somehow any more fashionable than sweat pants except for russian guy's in adidas track suits. There is no situation where normal people think one is acceptable that the other isn't. Performance, sure. Fashion? No.

Last edited:

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
I’m wearing a pair of Lucky sweat pants that have the words “lucky you” when you unbutton the crotch area in case anybody cares. No one will be reading those words anyways so figured y’all would like to know.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
ok I'll be honest, I thought timbs and the oxfords were two separate things.

Either way, I'm not like going out to dinner in sweat pants. I'm showing up to frisbee in sweat pants and then wearing gym shorts to play. Same with the gym. Or I'll lie around the house or go pick up groceries because who gives a **** what I'm wearing for that?

And all of this makes me feel crazy. At least half the guys I know wear sweat pants on a regular basis in the same kinds of situations I do. Part of me thinks this whole board is in on some weird prank, because nowhere in my real life does anybody give a **** what I wear. And I don't think anybody else in the world thinks warmup pants are somehow any more fashionable than sweat pants except for russian guy's in adidas track suits. There is no situation where one is acceptable that the other isn't. Performance, sure. Fashion? No.

Warm up suits are silly... but that’s another discussion.

People gotta rock what they want, I honestly don’t care or concern myself with what other guys want to wear... except for sweatpants or sneakers with suits.

Something about those two things trigger me and nothing will ever change my mind about it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
People gotta rock what they want, I honestly don’t care or concern myself with what other guys want to wear... except for sweatpants or sneakers with suits.

Something about those two things trigger me and nothing will ever change my mind about it.
that's super weird. Sneakers with suits is weird, but sweatpants are standard for at least half of guys I bet. At least for just sitting around the house. There is just nothing that even comes close to the comfort of a good pair of sweats. You're missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad