Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid fights the life back into the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++++++++ Sidney Crosby: I said it when it happened and it needs talked about big time in this thread - Sidney Crosby was the shot of life this team desperately needed. For those of you who did not watch, the Pens came out meh at best in the first period. Jake gets hit up high and Sid noticed the team needed something so he chases down Dubois and fights him. Instant shot of energy in the entire team. From there, they were the Pens we love. Absolute ball of fire through the entire team. I called a 6 spot after the fight and they made it happen AND some. Insane. I cannot speak enough about this because it was perfect timing. It wasn't like a pointless fight. The Pens ended the season miserably last year and started miserably this year. Sid sticks up for a young player when he didn't have to be that guy. It was instant leadership. It was instant energy. It was incredible. If you didn't watch this game, you missed a very cool moment.

+++ McCann: Geno gets hurt, McCann goes next level shit. Incredible work.

+++ Gally/Tanev: I thought both guys once again had a good game. Tanev has been the only Penguin to play 6 periods of great hockey. I think Gally was really good in small areas. Good passer. Underrated passer.

+++ Muzz: Made some key saves in the first. I liked his game overall. I think he's been solid.

+++ Hornqvist: Screens, tips, awful hockey. The #72 style game.

+++ Team response: Everyone on the ice from JJ to Letang to Blueger to Jake all picked it up when Sid did his thing. That was a great response.

---- Only minus i'll give is the Geno injury. Sid really brought this team together and I wish G was part of it.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Great game by Pettersson, McCann, Tanev, Sid, Galchenyuk, Blueger and yes Jack Johnson.
upload_2019-10-5_10-13-22.jpeg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
source.gif

RE the GDT:

Why are people comparing a literal rookie goalie with so far mediocre euro stats with an 8+mil potential goalie contract??

I would assume if the Pens replace Murray due to cost, it wouldn't be with a f***ing rookie out of Europe, let alone the NA hockey system.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
We're gonna look back to that Sid fight as the reason the Pens turned the franchise around again and won 5 more Cups!

PS, hopefully this game wasn't just because we played a terrible team with a clearly drunk goalie.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Columbus should have been a win, look how much they lost and their goalie sucks. Winnipeg should be a game we score lots as well with that no D they have.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone know the condition of Geno or have to wait for the Sully PC?

You’ll have to wait until tomorrow as you know, and even then, you’ll get “day to day” and then when he doesn’t return by December you’ll be surprised...

Reactions: NEPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad