Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid fights the life back into the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Another solid night of watching hockey...

esy-010877292.jpg
https://t1.thpservices.com/previewimage/gallil/47415f9ed210276b95e18051e36b1b51/esy-010877292.jpg

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
There for both games- different feel in the building tonight even before puck drop, which was kinda weird but I'll take it.

Tanev has really impressed me so far, Kahun was noticeable in a better way tonight (I was not noticing him enough Thursday to be nervous about it), glad he got a point for efforts. Thrilled for Teddy and McCann and Horny, who works so **** hard.

I hate fighting, especially if it's our stars, until Sid goes and ******* bodies a guy at a key moment, then I suddenly desperately want a Gordie Howe :laugh:

Muzz was real good, though the second goal was kind of a laugher.

And, prior to getting what I sincerely hope is a mild tweak, Geno's line again looked strongest.

I still want to see more skill on the backend, but overall everyone did their job tonight. Games like these - tired opponent, etc, were sorely missing last season. Build on it.

In conclusion, I LOVE depth scoring :thumbu:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Watched on a delayed stream.
Fave play of the game?
7-2 in the 3rd and someone flubbed up in the DZ and Chucky was busting his ass back to the crease on a good CBJ chance.

This team would have so much more "juice" as Sully likes to say if they just slide Marino onto the 3rd pair.
Or dress 7D if you wanna like Tampa used to do alot.

Only pair of sweats i have still are a very comfortable pair of grey A&F's but the most important part of them are the wide/raggety leg holes. Rarely wear them tho but i do like 'em still.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Hockey chat related - shot wise, JJ/Gudbranson and Pettersson/Schultz didn't exactly have great nights in terms of the volume, but Dumo/Letang absolutely killed it. Does that feel right to people as a reflection of how the game looked?

Dumo Letang are being hung out to dry and they both look sluggish.

Gudbranson - JJ well your smarter enough to know.

Schultz has been terrible given his great preseason. Petts had a bad night on Thurs, was our best D IMO tonight.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Reupping Galchenyuk during the season is a must. Even if its just a 2-3 year extension keeping him here til hes 28-29 and in line for one more big deal if all works well. With what hes been thru I can see him going for that...

Hes not gonna want to keep changing teams at this young of an age. And not establishing himself yet. And no matter what type of year he has with us....its not gonna earn him 8mil+. So a 6 to 6.5mil per year should do it. He gets to keep thriving with Geno while having a chance to win, and raises his stock. Once Rust is back those 3 will be great together.

Should be

Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Galchenyuk - Malkin - Rust

So we can stop messing around with musical lines. And have a much better bottom 6.

McCann as well but thats alot tougher. Hes gonna wait. And isnt already making 4.9mil like AG.

Def clear Bjugstad and his 4mil this year. That's a given. Hopefully JJ plays fine enough we are able to clear his cap without giving up a quality asset. Id give up Simon/ZAR since i dont see them having a future here anyway. Not with who we have in WBS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Dumo Letang are being hung out to dry and they both look sluggish.

Gudbranson - JJ well your smarter enough to know.

Schultz has been terrible given his great preseason. Petts had a bad night on Thurs, was our best D IMO tonight.

Hornqvist - Swedish Beer League
Tanev - ECHL

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My girlfriend bought me meals at some great restaurants, trips away to some of my favorite places for big birthdays, and even lap dances in the past.

Does getting married = getting multiple pairs of sweatpants instead?

Depends...do you want to stay married? I’m hearing here that unless your wife picks out those sweats, under no circumstances buy your own or bring your own into the relationship or it’s the kiss of death..

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Depends...do you want to stay married? I’m hearing here that unless your wife picks out those sweats, under no circumstances buy your own or bring your own into the relationship or it’s the kiss of death..

I think that I might have one pair of sweatpants somewhere. I am not sure. I wouldn't love annual birthday/X-Mas sweatpants gifts. Not really my style.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Andy99

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, it's rare to see a goaltender get beaten 6 hole, what, 4 times on the night? 5 times? Moseszilmanchuck or w/e his name is didn't have a strong showing.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It wasn't that we won, it was the energy that came after Sid's fight. They felt like they cared. They felt like it mattered. They felt like the team was together. That is what mattered the most to me. I noticed it right after the fight. The players had that level of urgency.

So what we need is for Sid to fight every game so the rest of the team will bring that energy all season. :D

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, it's rare to see a goaltender get beaten 6 hole, what, 4 times on the night? 5 times? Moseszilmanchuck or w/e his name is didn't have a strong showing.

His first NHL Game .... Ever. He is well regarded, but still not a surprising result, especially with a team in front of him that lost what Columbus did this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad