Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid fights the life back into the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Eh.... I am not going to downplay that Sid “fighting” meant something, but we were 3-1 up at the time and immediately after that McCann gets his second to kill the game - and any fight Columbus had.

Lets instead have the storyline be McCann excelling at C, Murray being great when needed, depth players looking a good deal better in this one, Columbus being terrible and Letang having been on the ice for 4 out of 4 ES goals against this season :D.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I gotta know if you have a pair of Timbs in your wardrobe...

Tell me you got the classic Oxfords and I’ll let the sweat pants comment slide.
No and no. I have a pair that are pretty much the same thing but not Oxford. I only wear them like once or twice a year max.
Do you folks seriously not wear sweats at least when you're home? Or doing sport things?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I'll be stunned if Torts lasts the month.
He's probably the safest coach in the league. His GM sold the farm for a series win last season and had his team gutted during the off season. If he's let go before the GM, there are bigger problems in Columbus.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He's probably the safest coach in the league. His GM sold the farm for a series win last season and had his team gutted during the off season. If he's let go before the GM, there are bigger problems in Columbus.

He'll be let go before Jarmo.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
JJ was the single most overblown topic in the history of this board. If I were JJ, I would sue each of you all for slander and malfeasance.

tenor.gif

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
JJ was the single most overblown topic in the history of this board. If I were JJ, I would sue each of you all for slander and malfeasance.
i don't doubt it. we know Jack Johnson is probably hurting for the money.

(ok that's a bad joke i'm going to hell)

Reactions: KIRK

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
much better effort tonight, listless jackets though, did not like Shultz and Peds tonight, gave up way too many good opportunities, really like Tanev, he is flying there...I hope I had it too harsh on Horny...this team would be way different if he can play with Sid....in any case lets hope Geno is not out more than 2-3 weeks...I mean it did not look all that bad...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They have two of the best defensemen in the Metro, but I think saying they have the perhaps best defense is beyond charitable.

If Carolina didn't exist it might be a discussion. The Metro isn't exactly filled with great defences after all.

But Carolina do exist.

It mightn't be fair, but I don't really see him as the type of guy to take him through a bit of a rebuild. Might need more of a players' coach for that. Maybe he'll get that team near the play-offs - he had them getting there before Panarin after all - but if he can't, might be time for a change.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
No and no. I have a pair that are pretty much the same thing but not Oxford. I wear them like once or twice a year.
Do you folks seriously not wear sweats at least when you're home? Or doing sport things?

I'm sitting in classic light grey sweats now. But then again it's 4 in the morning.
I also have Oxfords and the like which I wear on daily basis during the week. You don't have to stick to one style in life, you can enjoy it in all it's fullest.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It wasn't that we won, it was the energy that came after Sid's fight. They felt like they cared. They felt like it mattered. They felt like the team was together. That is what mattered the most to me. I noticed it right after the fight. The players had that level of urgency.

Yep. Nobody minds losing to a team who just had the better night with the Pens effort given.

Much better night all around save Geno's injury.

Thank you CBJ!!!

f7qoGmf.gif

Gotta start somewhere.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
i don't doubt it. we know Jack Johnson is probably hurting for the money.

(ok that's a bad joke i'm going to hell)

Yes, but at least you're doing it with style . . . :razz:

Reactions: domaug

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Dude. No chance. He 100% has steel toed boots. He 100% does not know what oxfords are.
I know what they are. But I wear boots, yeah. I work in a paint lab/production plant and a manufacturing line. I move 55 gallon drums of chemicals and paint on a regular basis. I would ruin a pair of dress shoes once a month if I worked in them. And I'm on my feet on concrete floors all day, so I'm going for something at least somewhat comfortable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad