Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Islanders were desperate as hell after that last game. It´s EXTREMELY HARD to win B2B games against good teams because of how desperate they are if they lose the first one. Tbh, Isles had no business losing this game, they played very well. Jarry absolutely stole this one for us. Couldn´t come at better time.

All of our lines were tortured but that L2 was the only one really hurting us tonight. Especially Geno and Zucker, their turnovers partially leading to both goals against then Zucker gets that penalty too. Bad bad bad. Rusty was struggling there too.

I told you that we have TOP5 defense in the league. Tonight they scored 3 goals for us. And Marino played extremely well in the defensive zone IMO.

Congrats to Sid, phenomenal person. Glad that he was positively involved in this win too. Huge game for his club.

Also, fuc the Islanders. Hate them. Barzal is crazy good tho.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Thought Marino was outstanding tonight. His standout attribute last year was his ability to turn with the puck while being pressured and quickly move the puck up ice into the opponent's zone. Starting to see it again. Playing on his correct side really helps.
I think their collective mobility and Marino's high hockey IQ is starting to pay dividends. As long as Matheson doesn't try to get too cute this tandem COULD be something special.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Never played the game just a fan of pens so maybe you guys can help me with a rules question, is interfefence in hockey just accepted unless its really bad?

Sometimes I hate watching these islanders games I feel like the game slows down so much
teams have practiced subtle interference plays that allow them to "get away" with it. i missed tonight's game but i wouldn't doubt that the Isles played that way tonight.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Never played the game just a fan of pens so maybe you guys can help me with a rules question, is interfefence in hockey just accepted unless its really bad?

Sometimes I hate watching these islanders games I feel like the game slows down so much

There's an exceptional amount of interference with the Isles.

More than usual.

But they also outplayed us sans Jarry.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
To the Pens:

giphy.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

The league adopted allowing slight interference to cut down on head injuries. Unfortunately, the league allows way more than that was intended, and teams abuse it for that crazy term....*You Can't Call All Of Them."

I think they call less than 1% as is.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
No idea what Sully was doing with the lines tonight, thankfully Jarry had a great game and the outcome was great. Matheson had another great game.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Maybe it's just that a guy like Barzal reminds you of what he used to be and it comes into pretty sharp focus that his skills are still there but the speed/skating aren't as elite as they once were.

Barzal spoils me. Man I'd trade Jake, POJ, Kapanen, and a 1st for him and not bat an eye.
Barzal is sick and so fun to watch. But Anders Lee would sure look good in a Pens sweater.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007

NHL games are also managed by the refs. Their main objective is to make sure no team gets an advantage with respect to penalty calls (even if one team deserves to have a lopsided advantage). Interference is a penalty that will get called if you are down by 1 or 2 and have had less PPs than the opponent. If the situation is the reverse, the opponent can get away with interference and more on most nights.

The above isn't in favor of one particular organization. Every team in the league has benefited from this on some nights and got the short end of the stick on other nights. In my view it is one of the few elements of the NHL that I would love to see a major change in philosophy.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No idea what Sully was doing with the lines tonight, thankfully Jarry had a great game and the outcome was great. Matheson had another great game.
KK wasn't very good. Not sure what his issues are or if he was hurt, but he was largely an empty jersey when he was in.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad