Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
And if the Pens lost this game...

freakgif4-1.gif

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Barzal is sick and so fun to watch. But Anders Lee would sure look good in a Pens sweater.

Lee too, but Barzal is one half-step below the "generational" tag for his cohort (McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon). In fact he may actually be there if he weren't on the Isles.

He's Patrick Kane with elite skating ability. Maybe we'll have one of our own if we move Matheson to winger this offseason :naughty:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I really enjoyed the game. Hard fought game for both teams.

Loved getting three goals from the backend. Defensive offense was as dry as Groom Lake last year so nice to see more production from them.

Jarry was lights out. Great game all around. I think he's slowly playing out of that slump.

The only major minus I have was Sullivan and the lineup changes. He is not changing out the right guys. You look at the top 2 lines and think for some reason Kapanen is the issue? What the f*** game are you watching bud? And then continuing Zucker with Geno? Just bad overall decisions if you are looking to spark the lineup. You are having issues night in and night out and you dont switch the guy that are at the core of the issue. Just flat out bad coaching.

Zucker-Sid-Rust/Kap should have been tried.
Jake-Geno-Rust/Kap should have been tried.

ZAR or Tanev to either line as a shake up? Taking apart the ONE line that has been consistently good? JFC Sully...

This is a game that the players won in spite of their coach.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Lee too, but Barzal is one half-step below the "generational" tag for his cohort (McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon). In fact he may actually be there if he weren't on the Isles.

He's Patrick Kane with elite skating ability. Maybe we'll have one of our own if we move Matheson to winger this offseason :naughty:
Spot on, but imagine the hate if we had our fifth generational player in a 30 year span. Maybe I don't dream big?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

He really does skate well.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Spot on, but imagine the hate if we had our fifth generational player in a 30 year span. Maybe I don't dream big?

I don't know, maybe we start tampering through the media and intimating that we want him.

Force him out or something. Jake, POJ, Kappy, 1st may be enough to get it done. It would hurt but I'd feel so much better about the future of our organization with him in it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens stole one, which happens like once every few years. Good stuff, we lose this game 99% of time.
You need your goalie to steal some games. This certainly came at an important time. Hopefully we can now go on the road and bank some points against the Caps and Isles (at least five or six).

Reactions: BHD and metalan2

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It’s a little concerning to see KK repeating the line blender issue he had in Toronto.

We’ll see how it goes, but my concern was always giving up a first for a great third liner - but expecting him to fill a top six role.

Reactions: BHD

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Just finished!

- I keep betting regulation draws
+ Pens keep winning in regulation

Jarry looks like Jarry finally and whoever was playing goalie wearing his jersey looks like he's finally been chased away.
Tang looked good for a stretch, finally hitting the net with his shots.
Malkin.... didn't miss him when he was in the locker room, a few bad turnovers, but the guy is trying at least. Getting into a lot of board battles.
Sid looked great.
Math and that goal... the whole time pressured from behind his net to the red line I'm thinking... get rid of it! Dont cough it up!!!! Kept going and created that entry and finished with a goal... very nice.

Very fun game to watch.

This team is very good if they start to hold on to the puck and think for a second rather than get the puck and look to pass within 5 strides.
ie: Marino entered the o blue line and slowed down, isles kept backing up as if to play his soft dump in while the penguins line changed... but he held the puck... waited til support came in and created and entire cycle in the o zone. MORE OF THIS. Very smart heads up play by marino there. The go go constant pressure game is fine when it works, but they need a little bit more... that kinda play by marino needs to be seen in a team tape watching meeting by everyone.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
First goalie stolen game of the year! Here’s to many more!

congrats on 1000 Sid. Can’t forget there was a time we though his career might end at 24.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I don't know, maybe we start tampering through the media and intimating that we want him.

Force him out or something. Jake, POJ, Kappy, 1st may be enough to get it done. It would hurt but I'd feel so much better about the future of our organization with him in it.
Good idea. Tavares is proof the Isles can be had. That, and the stupid "Let's play in Brooklyn" idea.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hopefully Letang did not use up his annual shots from the point all in one game.

All jokes aside, massive props to Letang for not being selfish and seeking out Nelson for revenge. When he was jawing with him during the television time out late in the third I had thought that it was inevitable.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
+ The 1st we gave up for Zucker-Kappy isn't looking like it's gonna be high.

I'd move Zucker away from Malkin for a bit. Maybe Sully has broken the seal on BART's invincibility and so he may let Zucker drive 3rd line along with Blueger. I think Zucker could really benefit from a more predictable/ responsible/'vanilla' center and Teddy is...well, that.

Reactions: domaug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->