Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Big plays, good 3rd period and goaltending overcome a stingy opponent

upload_2021-2-20_18-45-14.png

upload_2021-2-20_18-45-35.png

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I liked his game and he made an amazing take away in the last couple of minutes.

Maybe it's just that a guy like Barzal reminds you of what he used to be and it comes into pretty sharp focus that his skills are still there but the speed/skating aren't as elite as they once were.

Barzal spoils me. Man I'd trade Jake, POJ, Kapanen, and a 1st for him and not bat an eye.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Whose fault was it on the first goal? I thought POJ’s but he was out there with Matheson.

I can’t imagine Barzal not making the next Canadian Olympic team. That dude is elite. Put him on a line with McDavid and MacKinnon—The Speed Kills line.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe it's just that a guy like Barzal reminds you of what he used to be and it comes into pretty sharp focus that his skills are still there but the speed/skating aren't as elite as they once were.

Barzal spoils me. Man I'd trade Jake, POJ, Kapanen, and a 1st for him and not bat an eye.
I hate Barzal, which of course is a huge compliment to how scary he is to play against. Damn, the guys relentless!

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Geno coughing up the puck and feeding the Isles transition is a huge issue. He simply does not manage the puck that well in and around the blue line. Gotta cut that down.

I didn't have a huge issue with his puck management. But he isn't attentive defensively and doesn't support his D. He's flying the zone and Sullivan should cut his time if he's doing flybys. He gets a little offense and then he cheats. He left Letang out to dry a couple times and then both he and Rust fly the zone. If he's not going to score ok. But he has to be someone we can rely on the d zone.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pretty clear the top 6 just isn't what I expected. Jake is a complete non factor and he simply lacks that quickness he had before his injury. Sid was good as usual and Marino was mostly making good plays. Pens miss top form Dumo but I fear that is not coming back now. Jarry was very good and is showing he has the game to win.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I confess I did not watch bc I fully expected this game to be a shitshow as milestone games often are, but I'm super happy they won, and that the big three got a goal together.

Obviously my spider dog blessing did the trick :thumbu:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I hate Barzal, which of course is a huge compliment to how scary he is to play against. Damn, the guys relentless!

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I'd trade almost anything to make him our next franchise player.

He is so, so good it's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad