Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sure. But Kapanen isn’t moving the needle on that line anyway. Outside of maybe 5 shifts this season, I haven’t even noticed the kid.

he hasn’t been great but he was Toronto’s third most used PKer and good at it and why isn’t he used on it here? If you want to drop him down the line up, fine, but he should be playing on the PK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We lament our stars getting old. I watched the NYR at Caps game, and the caps looked both old and slow. I'm sure they have another gear, but I don't think it's sustainable for them anymore.
Here's hoping you're right.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
2EpDpqc

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
he hasn’t been great but he was Toronto’s third most used PKer and good at it and why isn’t he used on it here? If you want to drop him down the line up, fine, it he should be playing on the PK

I mean, I think Kapanen is fine. He’s being treated like Rust was prior to last year. He gets moved every game to a different line.

Reactions: Andy99

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
he hasn’t been great but he was Toronto’s third most used PKer and good at it and why isn’t he used on it here? If you want to drop him down the line up, fine, but he should be playing on the PK
Won’t happen here as long as Sullivan is the coach. He’s the exact type of player that Sullivan doesn’t like.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don't mind Tanev in the top-6 one iota.

Maybe Kappy sparks one of the lower lines. I wouldn't even mind ZAR with Geno and Zucker-Kappy with Teddy.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't mind Tanev in the top-6 one iota.

Maybe Kappy sparks one of the lower lines. I wouldn't even mind ZAR with Geno and Zucker-Kappy with Teddy.

Judging by Sullivan’s treatment of Lafferty he’ll be centering Malkin while being pointless in his last 40 games.

Sorry I looked it up. He has 3 points in his last 40 games.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Won’t happen here as long as Sullivan is the coach. He’s the exact type of player that Sullivan doesn’t like.

hopefully Sullivan won’t be the coach for long...we make the same shitty mistakes game after game...it feels almost like luck most of the time when we win one like tonight and not really good play...he shouldn’t be long for this team if our FO honestly assesses the situation

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Well it worked in the short term. They scored with Tanev there. GF 100%, xGF 72.64%

So maybe not so silly since we won the game, right?

This post literally means nothing to me. Is 38 old around here? Anyway if you're insinuating we won because Tanev was on L1 and Kap was benched for the 3rd.... Then cheers.

Doif we won and that's not great. Not mutually exclusive. Am i using that properly?

This was fun

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think M&M has the makings of being a very good pair. Very early in the process but it looks as though Marino is recapturing his best form.

Thought Marino was outstanding tonight. His standout attribute last year was his ability to turn with the puck while being pressured and quickly move the puck up ice into the opponent's zone. Starting to see it again. Playing on his correct side really helps.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I feel like we've already seen. Matheson Robinson Crusoe-ing it in the defensive zone before a goal isn't an isolated occurence.

Before he was injured, yeah. After, not so much. Gets back and has an active stick. It doesn't look good, for sure, but it's seemingly effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->