Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++ Forever Sid having 1k games with us. What a blessing. In all seriousness, thank you Sid. Thank you. Thank you for making us all proud to be Pens fans.

+++ Jarry: Incredible game by Jarry or else we would have been down 3-4 just in the first two. We do not win this game w/o Jarry's performance.

+ Marino: He looked good and had the assignment on Barzal a lot it seemed. That is TOUGH for a young guy.

+ Matheson: Okay I'll get heat for this but the goal against was a bad error I'll take because it was two players in the middle of a change that didn't communicate and duplicated coverage. BUT.. Matheson has been solid for the Pens. He's confident and he's hustling. I like it.

+ Letang: Now.. he had a HORRIBLE first, but after he took that hit the dude f***ing went monster mode. He was so angry and so good.

+ Lafferty: Yes.. dude is not an every day NHLer. Tonight he turned the game a little with speed/hitting. So it may have been luck, but his shift took place and the Pens started playing better.

+ Blueger: Tiny shout to TB. Their line sucked, but this dude is a godsend to this team. We need defensive forwards.

---- This team has like 2-3 years of mental errors. It's not even difficult stuff. It's a 5 foot pass that we fumble for no reason. It's a pass going to a LH player but we feed him like he's RH. We have even numbers but we duplicate coverage instead of just playing man. We get the puck but we leave the zone early for no reason instead of working hard up the ice. We have point blank chances but fan on pucks.

And look... that happens sure. I understand that. But this team it really seems to haunt us more than any other hockey game I watch. We have wide open lanes and we hold hold hold. We have space but we rush. We have time but we act like we don't. It's the #1 issue. I don't think it's a player issue. I think it's a culture issue.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
How the hell did we win that game?
Tristan_Jarry_2017-12-07_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad