OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I MOSTLY enjoyed The Man in the High Castle

Parts were slow and confusing. But it was an interesting world to visit.

Ending was....Probably not as underwhelming as Lost's lol

Reactions: Clare2904

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wasn't into boxing before this fight, but man, this Fury-Wilder fight makes me want to check out some boxing matches going forward. That was super engaging, I felt into that match for the entirety of it.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I MOSTLY enjoyed The Man in the High Castle

Parts were slow and confusing. But it was an interesting world to visit.

Ending was....Probably not as underwhelming as Lost's lol

I liked this show but Season 3 took too long and I forgot everything. I wish HBO or somebody would do a better show on this premise.

I enjoyed "The Boys" on Prime.

Yes, this is probably their best show. People really like The Expanse if you are into syfy.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Treadstone looks good but I haven’t watched it yet

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
These are great. But what sort of stuff are you into?
The Boys
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Fleabag
The Expanse
Man In High Castle
Jack Ryan
The Americans
It's hard to say what I like, I'll look at anything and see if it stands out. I'll check out the ones you have added and see

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I feel like the only think I ever use Amazon Prime streaming falls under the Rifftrax/MST3k label...which alone puts it above Hulu & Disney+ for me at this point in time.

Paying $2.99 a month for the Shout Factory content is the kind of à la cart add-on I wish the industry was heading towards, rather than every content owner feeling that they deserve their own separate streaming service so that we're all paying for 8 different services at once that cost as much as the single cost of cable used to. At least I'm not paying for the right to never use Disney+, Verizon's "bonus" is basically letting my cat-sitters have free access :laugh:

And some of us still have cable, too, because we're too spoiled to go back to the days of shitty illegal streams despite paying for NHL.tv.

I'm definitely cutting that cord once my contract is up...at this point I only use cable for hockey and the rare soccer game.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I forgot about The Americans. It's not a prime original, but it's on there and it's super good if you're in to slower spy stuff. It's 5 or 6 seasons though so tough if you only plan to use it for a month. It's a rare show that has a super satisfying ending imo.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I forgot about The Americans. It's not a prime original, but it's on there and it's super good if you're in to slower spy stuff. It's 5 or 6 seasons though so tough if you only plan to use it for a month. It's a rare show that has a super satisfying ending imo.

I'm absurdly bad at watching dramas...but this is one I've been meaning to since it debuted. The people I knew who liked it, loved it pretty much consistently throughout the run and were very satisfied with the way it ended. One of these years I'll get around to it. Probably right after I get around to The Sopranos, The Wire, and Six Feet Under...

My queue has been unapproachable for more than half of my life now :laugh:

I've never been as bad at watching things as I am now. I'm a season behind most of the shows I do watch. I'm shocked at how quick and firm my divorce from the entertainment industry has been, for better or worse.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm absurdly bad at watching dramas...but this is one I've been meaning to since it debuted. The people I knew who liked it, loved it pretty much consistently throughout the run and were very satisfied with the way it ended. One of these years I'll get around to it. Probably right after I get around to The Sopranos, The Wire, and Six Feet Under...

My queue has been unapproachable for more than half of my life now :laugh:

I've never been as bad at watching things as I am now. I'm a season behind most of the shows I do watch. I'm shocked at how quick and firm my divorce from the entertainment industry has been, for better or worse.
Sopranos and six feet under have been near the top of my list for half of my life I think.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's hard to say what I like, I'll look at anything and see if it stands out. I'll check out the ones you have added and see

Cool. Expanse starts slow - then heats up round episode 4. Most consider it the best hard Sci-Fi series ever, and by quite a large margin.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
These are great. But what sort of stuff are you into?
The Boys
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Fleabag
The Expanse
Man In High Castle
Jack Ryan
The Americans

The first four are well worth your time, haven't seen the other three @Clare2904. The Boys might be the only comic book adaptation I actually like. Fleabag is cheeky, dirty, smutty, and hilarious. Maisel is beautiful, but sometimes annoying and shallow (like anything the showrunner does). The Expanse is frankly, way better than it has any right to be.

My dirty pleasure on Amazon Prime is watching Peter Gunn and The Saint, because they were way before my time but still totally charming to watch if you're into late 50's/early 60's television shows. :laugh:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Use a VPN. Amazon Prime geolocks more of their content than Netflix, so you need to use a VPN set to the US to work around it.

Gotta get the right VPN for Netflix they know a lot of the time

netflix-error.0.jpg

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I use ExpressVPN and it works pretty well, but stutters a bit on Netflix.

How much is it? Do you get all Netflix regions or just US?

I had one that worked but had to pay more a month than Netflix and could only get the US so wasn’t really worth it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
How much is it? Do you get all Netflix regions or just US?

I had one that worked but had to pay more a month than Netflix and could only get the US so wasn’t really worth it.

You get all regions, but it's easiest to set up for AppleTV/Firebox/Roku in the US-- I pay around 12-14 USD a month for it, but I use it for all sorts of stuff like registering for conferences or getting around paywalls on my laptop.

My big beef is really only the Netflix stuttering thing (only on the menus, not on playback) and I'm not entirely sure it isn't the AppleTV's fault there.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad