OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I actually think there was something wrong with my tablet as it was slow as f*ck, hated it. Should have just bitten the bullet and paid a little extra and got an iPad. At least I have one now.
Yeah one of the tablets I had, I modified it and stripped a lot of the bloat stuff out and it was still so sluggish.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Yeah I'm going to take the Pacific Surfliner from SD to Anaheim. It's only a 2-ish hour train ride and it's apparently beautiful to ride along the ocean. I'd be jumping on a train at like 8 AM and getting in Anaheim at about 10 AM for a 1 PM game.
I live in San Diego. I have never done the train ride but driving up pacific highway is beautiful. If the train dips down the coast you’ll get some beautiful scenery.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
To travel with (which is 4 to 5 days a week), to browse the internet, to post on HF during Pens games, stream videos, and cast videos to my Chromcast. I have no plans to use it for Word documents, spreadsheets, calculations, or other business type things. Maybe to draw on.

Wow, thanks all for the responses. Sounds like I should change my mind and go with an iPad. :laugh:

I wouldn't if that's what you want to do. Samsung has way less restrictions. Can easily jailbreak. You could tether hotspots for better internet. Don't sound like drawing is a big thing but the Tabs come with s pen. That's going to cost you $100-130 for a pen for iPad. That's close to the price for the Tab. Way more bang for your buck and easier to use.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
To travel with (which is 4 to 5 days a week), to browse the internet, to post on HF during Pens games, stream videos, and cast videos to my Chromcast. I have no plans to use it for Word documents, spreadsheets, calculations, or other business type things. Maybe to draw on.
You might need an app to cast to the chromecast, but outside of that, you're good to go with the Ipad, I have a keyboard with mine so I can just open up word and start typing up stuff or pop open Excel and do that as well as use Procreate and draw.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I live in San Diego. I have never done the train ride but driving up pacific highway is beautiful. If the train dips down the coast you’ll get some beautiful scenery.

The train is pretty much literally on the beach in areas!
@0:47
@1:55-2:10

image3-large.jpg

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There are some movies that age really well and then some that really don't and they aren't even that old.

The Christian Bale Batman movies are that for me. That Batman voice just bothers me so much now and the whole Rachel love story, I consider Keaton the best Batman these days.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Android is better if you know what you are doing. Unless you want to download a simple app, have to go thru app store, and have it tell you need to upgrade your ios to download said app. Too much restrictions.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, naw, I'm good, mate...

giphy.gif

The big ones where I lived (Huntsman) were no big deal. They weren’t poisonous and pretty harmless. They’d be in every house though. We had a black widow equivalent (Redback) which were poisonous but small and easy to identify and just hung out in the rocks in gardens.

The only one that would freak me out is the Funnel Web spider but they are really only in Sydney. Thick and black and when they bite they don’t want to let go. If they bite you on the abdomen area make sure you haul ass to the hospital.

Up north is the bird eating spider. I’ve seen the webs but never saw them. Not poisonous but still.......

dr0S3loy9Vg5Zb7MFJPwWzj4ynbGEmKBxuxLN_A1-uI.jpg

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@LOGiK

So

When you getting your wings?

I still have to call the regional and see if they take gi.
I was going to call today then I realized last minute wifey needed me to take her and the kid to an appointment so that wipes half my day. I'm going to look and see if there is a website now... and see if i can give them a call this afternoon.

I still want to though! Been wanting to for a long while.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Jealous? Growing up to this

Beach seems like more of an 'adult' place to grow up, but thinking about it for a mite, I guess kids will always find a way to destroy, terrorized and have fun no matter where they are - forest, beach, valley etc etc.

Growing up on the beach...iiiit could be interesting... gotta get a surf board. See more bikini's (and bohemeths) earlier in life and more frequently. + - +

It could work.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The big ones where I lived (Huntsman) were no big deal. They weren’t poisonous and pretty harmless. They’d be in every house though. We had a black widow equivalent (Redback) which were poisonous but small and easy to identify and just hung out in the rocks in gardens.

The only one that would freak me out is the Funnel Web spider but they are really only in Sydney. Thick and black and when they bite they don’t want to let go. If they bite you on the abdomen area make sure you haul ass to the hospital.

Up north is the bird eating spider. I’ve seen the webs but never saw them. Not poisonous but still.......

dr0S3loy9Vg5Zb7MFJPwWzj4ynbGEmKBxuxLN_A1-uI.jpg

The bird eaters are up north?!

Interesting. The further south I go from PA it seems like more and more the wildlife tries to kill you. The more south you go the further risk you are of dying! It comes with the warmer weather.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The bird eaters are up north?!

Interesting. The further south I go from PA it seems like more and more the wildlife tries to kill you. The more south you go the further risk you are of dying! It comes with the warmer weather.

Different hemispheres so in Australia the further north the hotter and more tropical generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad