OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You get all regions, but it's easiest to set up for AppleTV/Firebox/Roku in the US-- I pay around 12-14 USD a month for it, but I use it for all sorts of stuff like registering for conferences or getting around paywalls on my laptop.

My big beef is really only the Netflix stuttering thing (only on the menus, not on playback) and I'm not entirely sure it isn't the AppleTV's fault there.

Might look at it next winter when I hibernate. I don’t need more excuses to sit on the couch. Weather is getting nicer now on the West coast and I want to lose 20 pounds. Food obviously is a bigger thing but weight training definitely improves my health.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Might look at it next winter when I hibernate. I don’t need more excuses to sit on the couch. Weather is getting nicer now on the West coast and I want to lose 20 pounds. Food obviously is a bigger thing but weight training definitely improves my health.

For sure. Now that my latest big project is done, I've been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and I'm already looking a bit more toned a month in. Breaking the stasis is the hard part. :laugh:

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
OK, can someone link the details of this show as there are a shit load called Americans :laugh:

Early mid-80's based on Russian agents operating in U.S. during height of the cold war. Everyone has kids to worry about. Having been a teen in those days, and something of a Russianophile, it has a very authentic feel.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
better call saul back tonight. Need to watch it I guess since it takes a million years to get put on netflix.

No wonder a felt like crap getting out of bed this morning... I been asleep for a million years!

For sure. Now that my latest big project is done, I've been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and I'm already looking a bit more toned a month in. Breaking the stasis is the hard part. :laugh:

Yuppers. Once you break the mold of laziness it becomes quite addicting. The feeling (high) you get from exercising is pretty dang good. Once the soreness fades away (roughly a week -- if you lift weights) it's on to good feelings. Only thing that is kind of a chore is adjusting your diet to give your body enough energy to do the work outs - and also the correct foods to rebuild your body after breaking it down.

(exercising is basically tearing your muscles to shreds and having them rebuild themselves) -- pretty cool to think about.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I hear the liver does something similar.

Yeah? I first read that and thought about the kidney and I thought... nah the kidney (unfortunately the most important organ outside of the obvious) which is basically your body's filter mechanism is the same throughout your existence and doesn't repair itself.

Which is think is true - hence the need for kidney transplants.
But I'm not sure now if it doesn't repair itself at all - even if minimal.

The liver does? Interesting. To my shame, I took anatomy and physiology in college (1 and 2) and passed both with actually learning stuff, not just brain dumping the info after I passed, but unfortunately over time forget some of the cool stuff little by little and it pisses me off. I even sold the book back to the college after I passed and I'm pissed off at that because the book was a gold mine for information on the human body. Not to mention cost somewhere around 300$ (RIPOFF).

A lot of the body rebuilds itself over time though I know that. Human body is wild stuff -- that A&P course I took was mind numbingly difficult with the amount of information you had to learn and retain. I also took Sports Physiology also and got a great grade, unfortunately for that one I took around 2000 and basically only recall ATP and concentric muscle stuff. HEH.

Getting old sucks. bad.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've been seeing some ads for that, can't tell if I'm interested in it or not.
It's based off the factual truth about Project Paperclip (really f***ed up if you ever look up that whole thing) with a ton of creative license (hunting them and killing them vs prosecuting them IRL), but Project Paperclip was a real thing, unfortunately.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I was excited for Hunters. I watched the 1st episode and fell asleep a few times. Slow and boring for a pilot. It should haven't taken that long to get to that point.

I only got a few episodes of Outsiders left. Really good show. It's like another True Detective. I'm sure the ending will piss me off.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Outsider is both the things I love and hate about King. That first half of the book is fantastic, really gut wrenching stuff and topic, then a f***ing black figure arrives and I'm like yeah, f*** this book, I "donated" it to one of those free book stands you find in random areas, I hope someone uses it as toilet paper as I was not brave enough to desecrate a book the way that specific one should be.

I tried to watch the show, burst out laughing when the monster appeared for the first time.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I went to get coffee at Starbucks earlier in the day today and I had this Barista bloke take my order, his name tag said "Arun," I was like are you "Ah-roon" or what? He's like, "It's pronounced Erin"...who the f*** spells it like that? That wanker's parents suck.

I have this mate that is a straight hetero chap, he now has his social media state "He/him"...I don't understand that. Unless you're trans or identify with something else, why the f*** put that? Is there a need? Someone explain this.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I went to get coffee at Starbucks earlier in the day today and I had this Barista bloke take my order, his name tag said "Arun," I was like are you "Ah-roon" or what? He's like, "It's pronounced Erin"...who the f*ck spells it like that? That wanker's parents suck.

I have this mate that is a straight hetero chap, he now has his social media state "He/him"...I don't understand that. Unless you're trans or identify with something else, why the f*ck put that? Is there a need? Someone explain this.

Irish spell Owen as Eoin. Maybe it’s a dialect from another country. Or hipsters babies are grown up now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Irish spell Owen as Eoin. Maybe it’s a dialect from another country. Or hipsters babies are grown up now.
He was just a white bloke, hell his genealogy could have been wonder bread for all I know.

I should mention, personal pet peeve to see traditional names spelt in a wonky ass way to make it special.

Earon or Alyx.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
He was just a white bloke, hell his genealogy could have been wonder bread for all I know.

I should mention, personal pet peeve to see traditional names spelt in a wonky ass way to make it special.

Earon or Alyx.

Isn’t it A-Aron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad