OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Speaking of the vidya games, anyone got any recommendations for OSX or Switch RPGs (don't have a PC or anything else)? I've got Witcher 1 and 2 to work through, plus classics like Planescape: Torment, but I'm probably going to blow through those this week and I'll need something else to tide me over.

Looking at the eShop...
-Both South Park games are 75% off right now and damn fine games.
-Rune Factory 4 Special is a great blend of a dungeon crawler and Harvest Moon game.
-I adore Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore and recommend it as a entry-level Persona-type game. Great battle system.
-The Atelier games are fun time sucks that are mindless enough to be perfect for playing while watching/listening to something else while demanding enough to keep you engaged. They just went off sale, though.
-Grandia Collection...just throwing this out there because it's two of my favorite JRPGs of all-time with a battle system that is still as good as any.
-Fire Emblem...which is probably what I should go back to and actually finish it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've heard really good things about the new Fire Emblem, but I've only ever played the GBA ones.
It's really good. Not perfect, but good. My biggest gripe I think is that it gets easy pretty quickly on normal difficulties, but the hardest difficulty is a silly spike. That and the game is clearly designed for 3 or 4 playthroughs with the different possible groups, but a lot of the team building starts to really feel like a chore after a while.

That said, I absolutely loved my first playthrough start to finish, and that was like 50 hours of gameplay I bet.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I am THIS close to finishing off both the enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 plus all the expansions. And I went down that road partially to pump me up for finally cracking Pillars Of Eternity so I'm looking forward to that.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've heard really good things about the new Fire Emblem, but I've only ever played the GBA ones.

It's great. The only reason I didn't play it right to the finish...and then immediately start on a second playthrough is because it came out right before my Japan trip and I didn't so much as look at my Switch for a couple months.

It's always so awkward to go back to games after a gap like that.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad