OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I agree that the continued internal struggle of Vader coming to grips with what he's done and will continue to do over next twenty years would be interesting

For a good chunk he's just the best bounty hunter ever tracking down and killing jedi

It might be overall too dark though

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I agree that the continued internal struggle of Vader coming to grips with what he's done and will continue to do over next twenty years would be interesting

For a good chunk he's just the best bounty hunter ever tracking down and killing jedi

It might be overall too dark though
Mate, they literally had a scene about Anakin killing kids. I think a mini series of him and his struggle with becoming who he's become would be the best thing Disney+ would ever churn out.

But instead, they chose 10yrs later and Obi Wanker.

Ignoring the wet sloppy deuce that is 7-9, the most force sensitive bloke ever and all we get is some f***ing asthma, some cringey socially awkward scenes with Padme and him losing his hand. We are owed more. There's a reason why Rogue One's best scene is the scene with Vader and the best part of Clone Wars coming back to wrap up their final season was Vader again.

People want Vader.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Apple actually makes really nice, aesthetically pleasing and simple-to-use (if you are in their ecosystem) devices.

I just don't like closed garden concepts and am a tinkerer. I also don't like being TOLD what innovations I WILL conform to.

EDIT: Also working with music as much as I do has, ironically, chased me from Apple. Dragging and dropping files to my phone is a thing on Android. Not having to worry about proprietary formats is a thing. Not having to pay like 25% markups (at least) for viable workstations is a thing.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Mate, they literally had a scene about Anakin killing kids. I think a mini series of him and his struggle with becoming who he's become would be the best thing Disney+ would ever churn out.

But instead, they chose 10yrs later and Obi Wanker.

Ignoring the wet sloppy deuce that is 7-9, the most force sensitive bloke ever and all we get is some f***ing asthma, some cringey socially awkward scenes with Padme and him losing his hand. We are owed more. There's a reason why Rogue One's best scene is the scene with Vader and the best part of Clone Wars coming back to wrap up their final season was Vader again.

People want Vader.

That scene wasn't bankrolled by Disney though

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That scene wasn't bankrolled by Disney though
The one in Rogue One was, though.

Listen you wanker, stop disagreeing with me, you know you want that show too.

cc42af061ababf448db315c601daa94f.gif

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Apple actually makes really nice, aesthetically pleasing and simple-to-use (if you are in their ecosystem) devices.

I just don't like closed garden concepts and am a tinkerer. I also don't like being TOLD what innovations I WILL conform to.

EDIT: Also working with music as much as I do has, ironically, chased me from Apple. Dragging and dropping files to my phone is a thing on Android. Not having to worry about proprietary formats is a thing. Not having to pay like 25% markups (at least) for viable workstations is a thing.
Being able to save stuff to my Icloud folders which is accessible on all my Apple devices is nice, also the updates are coming, albeit slowly, which allow you to download stuff off of websites in your Safari browser on mobile, for example, books or pdf's or epub files that I can directly download and use is nice, it was such a pain in the ass to before, I barely ever need to use Itunes as a result. I can go on my Ipad or Mac and load things I want onto an external or to my cloud folders and I have access to it all across platforms.

As for tinkering, the biggest rage was this ability to change icons etc, something I would have been super into 10yrs ago on my Android phones, but now...are all black or all white icons really worth my time or anyone's?

This post has been paid in partnership with Apple ©

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Being able to save stuff to my Icloud folders which is accessible on all my Apple devices is nice, also the updates are coming, albeit slowly, which allow you to download stuff off of websites in your Safari browser on mobile, for example, books or pdf's or epub files that I can directly download and use is nice, it was such a pain in the ass to before, I barely ever need to use Itunes as a result. I can go on my Ipad or Mac and load things I want onto an external or to my cloud folders and I have access to it all across platforms.

As for tinkering, the biggest rage was this ability to change icons etc, something I would have been super into 10yrs ago on my Android phones, but now...are all black or all white icons really worth my time or anyone's?

That does sound like a practical innovation. I tried iTunes once... once.

Tinkering isn't really a huge deal, honestly.

More than anything I suppose it's the same argument Apple users have about PC... I don't want to have to re-invest in redoing my entire ecosystem. I'll never NOT have a built desktop computer based on my needs so iPhone just doesn't make much sense to me. They're cute, though... I like their little tails you are always having to attach to them like pin the tail on the Donkeyphone or something... fun!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

I despise both iPhone and pads.

I will likely go to my grave with my Airbook :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That does sound like a practical innovation. I tried iTunes once... once.

Tinkering isn't really a huge deal, honestly.

More than anything I suppose it's the same argument Apple users have about PC... I don't want to have to re-invest in redoing my entire ecosystem. I'll never NOT have a built desktop computer based on my needs so iPhone just doesn't make much sense to me. They're cute, though... I like their little tails you are always having to attach to them like pin the tail on the Donkeyphone or something... fun!

Oh the dongle? I can't recall the last time I used one, bluetooth is a heck of a thing.

But yeah if you aren't going to invest in the ecosystem of whatever you're using then it's no point to switch. For me, work also uses Apple (Mac's etc) and it just made sense for me to switch over fully and what was once something I was very against, became the norm. I despise iTunes and honestly haven't needed to use it at all this whole year to do anything on my phone outside of the initial back-up which even then, I did through iCloud and really never needed iTunes to begin with. I wouldn't be shocked if Apple just did away with itunes and integrated it into a different application altogether like all in one into the App Store.

Like I said, I was one of those massive Apple haters, it still feels weird to be pro Apple these days. I have nothing against people that use Android, I just wish Samsung, Google, etc all understood what support means. You can have an Iphone 6 and still get the most recent IOS update sans a few features, even Iphone 6s.

But if you have a Samsung device made the same years, you're basically getting those dinky security updates and no real OS update or support. They need you to buy a new device every year, where as most Apple users will keep an older phone and in doing so, their resale value is far better. If Android ever changed over to the same way the support works with Apple products, I would debate using Android again.

This post has been paid in partnership with Apple ©

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also @EightyOne @BlindWillyMcHurt ...

Imagine a Vader series that starts 5yrs after Episode 3 where he has his Apprentice, if they're making games stuff canon...I. f***ING. WANT. STARKILLER.

I mean...that character was fantastic in the Force Unleashed game.

XDox6g.gif

Then you can roll into 5yrs after that and run into Obi-Wanker.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Bluetooth seems to f*** with me relentlessly and I don't like wireless headphones so... yeah.

I guess it's also mildly insulting to me that Apple wants to charge you like 1000+ dollars for a bleeding-edge piece of hardware and have shit for i/o options so, you know... looks like another 30 bucks, at least, to Apple! It's the same thing with their like monitor stands they charge 500 bucks for or caster wheels they charge 200 for or whatever. It's like... who the f*** do you people think you are, exactly? They don't even have their unique chipset and architecture anymore (Motorola)... it's all just Intel stuff.

BUT like I said... they make total sense for a lot of people. I know I come off as a hater but for the group of people they are built for... what can I say? They're outstanding.

Also I guess I wasn't aware of that re: Android. I've had my Galaxy 7 for years and it's still ticking along better than it likely has any right to. I'm not a HUGE phone guy anyway, though. Far from a poweruser on mobile platforms, if I'm being honest.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
ok, does it make me seem ridiculously superficial in this time of great hardship for many people that I’m seriously thinking of buying a $7,700 pinball machine lol....I want this so bad...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also @EightyOne @BlindWillyMcHurt ...

Imagine a Vader series that starts 5yrs after Episode 3 where he has his Apprentice, if they're making games stuff canon...I. f***ING. WANT. STARKILLER.

I mean...that character was fantastic in the Force Unleashed game.

XDox6g.gif

Then you can roll into 5yrs after that and run into Obi-Wanker.

I've made an oath not to talk SW with you guys haha... I'll just get crabby.

ok, does it make me seem ridiculously superficial in this time of great hardship for many people that I’m seriously thinking of buying a $7,700 pinball machine lol....I want this so bad...

You should do things that bring you happiness. Maybe MORE now than ever.

Plus yeah that's badass as f*** my dude.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
*sigh*

And also with you.

The prequels f***ing suck ass worse than anything Disney has or ever will do by 20 billion country miles.

GODDAMNIT

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
It’s nice that Apple doesn’t spy on it’s users as much as their competition and they are using their own chipsets now. Hehe

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Apple DOES make the best laptops IMO. I just have zero use for laptops.

Given my superpower of subtly or very noticeably screwing up any electronics that come in contact with my bare hands, I deeply appreciate the one (1) that has been with me, still kicking, for nearly a decade.

And let me tell you, it has been through some extremely hostile conditions apart from just generally being in my possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad