OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Everyone is taking advantage of deals right now...you with that, @Tom Hanks just paid $200 for some PHub life time account, no clue what that is. But I am thinking about taking advantage of the $1 per month at The Athletic, is it really worth even $1 right now with barely any NHL talk?

Time to scour Amazon and Chapters to see what I can take advantage of,

The Athletic is $1 a month for a year so in total probably worth it.

I might jump on Xbox see what games are there.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Athletic is $1 a month for a year so in total probably worth it.

I might jump on Xbox see what games are there.
I thought about it, @Khelandros gave me a suggestion already that I am going to look through just to see if it’s on there, but outside of that, it’s the usual - Hoarding games that I will eventually play 3-4yrs after the fact.

But books, mate I will read the shit out of a book asap.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I thought about it, @Khelandros gave me a suggestion already that I am going to look through just to see if it’s on there, but outside of that, it’s the usual - Hoarding games that I will eventually play 3-4yrs after the fact.

But books, mate I will read the shit out of a book asap.

In pretty particular about my games unless they are like 5 bucks then sure.

Haven’t read a book in 5 years (since head injury). Attention span won’t let me. Stopped buying them but found a site that basically lets you download any book for free then I can read it through kindle.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In pretty particular about my games unless they are like 5 bucks then sure.

Haven’t read a book in 5 years (since head injury). Attention span won’t let me. Stopped buying them but found a site that basically lets you download any book for free then I can read it through kindle.
I can be hyped for a game and forget the name and not care that I forgot.

I can be hyped for a book I want to read and forget the name and I will spend the next week or month trying to figure out which book it was until I find out and then buy it and read it.

I can’t recall a game right now that I really even want to play, just passing interests.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Everyone is taking advantage of deals right now...you with that, @Tom Hanks just paid $200 for some PHub life time account, no clue what that is. But I am thinking about taking advantage of the $1 per month at The Athletic, is it really worth even $1 right now with barely any NHL talk?

Time to scour Amazon and Chapters to see what I can take advantage of,

PIT does a ton of NHL coverage. Obviously it’s Rossi and Yohe, but they just did a pretty cool “moves we never made” article.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I can be hyped for a game and forget the name and not care that I forgot.

I can be hyped for a book I want to read and forget the name and I will spend the next week or month trying to figure out which book it was until I find out and then buy it and read it.

I can’t recall a game right now that I really even want to play, just passing interests.

I subscribe to EA Play ($30 a year I think) so that covers a lot of games I’d play. The only games I’ve bought are Aussie Rules and Tony Hawk 1&2.

just looking now. I’ll probably get a GTA game (#5 is $15) and Ill look to see if a decent horse racing or cricket game maybe tennis are cheap.

Might research some of the spy/shoot em up type games

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
PIT does a ton of NHL coverage. Obviously it’s Rossi and Yohe, but they just did a pretty cool “moves we never made” article.
Are those moves we never made drenched in fantasy or actual trades the team tried to do that fell through and not just speculation?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I subscribe to EA Play ($30 a year I think) so that covers a lot of games I’d play. The only games I’ve bought are Aussie Rules and Tony Hawk 1&2.

just looking now. I’ll probably get a GTA game (#5 is $15) and Ill look to see if a decent horse racing or cricket game maybe tennis are cheap.

Might research some of the spy/shoot em up type games
I pay for that Game Pass thing that I never use, I thought EA Play and Game Pass were going to merge?

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I pay for that Game Pass thing that I never use, I thought EA Play and Game Pass were going to merge?

Not sure my app still says EA Play. It was called EA Access before.

Oh I’ve played some decent pinball games too so might see if they have any deals too

I get stuck on one game for a while and just play the same one. Right now it’s Madden

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, EA and Gamepass are 1 product now. GTA 5 is 14.99 I believe on MS store, btw

EDIT: Check your messages from xbox on console. Just found a $5 credit in promoting black friday. Pretty nice!
Yeah I get a lot of those messages by Xbox in my messages, but I never use them, I should post them to people here when I decide not to so at least someone can take advantage of it when I don’t want to.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not sure my app still says EA Play. It was called EA Access before.

Oh I’ve played some decent pinball games too so might see if they have any deals too

I get stuck on one game for a while and just play the same one. Right now it’s Madden
I just googled it, @Iggy Smalls also just mentioned it - If you have Game Pass, it is now included (as well as Bethesda’s games) but if you pay for their pass separately, you don’t get access to Game Pass. Mate, cancel EA Play (or don’t renew) and get Game Pass. It’s a monthly instead of yearly or whatever EA is, but you have a catalog of a TON of games.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ass Creed Oddy is 19.99, I guess I’ll get on that one.

Edit: @Khelandros I should get Origins first right? I’ll wait on this one or well, 19.99 from 80.00 is a great deal anyway.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

As I said. You can buy a gold pass for two years, then one year, for the three year maximum, for around $150.

And currently they are allowing you to upgrade to Ultimate, linked above, for $1. Not per month, but for your entire subscription.

That is $4.19 a month for three years.

You have access to xbox, PC, and mobile. And it does include EA.

Kinda like the NETFLIX of gaming.

It was a great deal at $15 per month. A no brainer at $4 a month.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

As I said. You can buy a gold pass for two years, then one year, for the three year maximum, for around $150.

And currently they are allowing you to upgrade to Ultimate, linked above, for $1. Not per month, but for your entire subscription.

That is $4.19 a month for three years.

You have access to xbox, PC, and mobile. And it does include EA.

Kinda like the NETFLIX of gaming.

It was a great deal at $15 per month. A no brainer at $4 a month.
I have had the Gold pass for like 7yrs mate, so I think it’s for new users? Mine is an auto renew subscription for Gold Pass and Game Pass.

But I didn’t know I had access to Game Pass on PC and mobile, is that correct?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I have had the Gold pass for like 7yrs mate, so I think it’s for new users? Mine is an auto renew subscription for Gold Pass and Game Pass.

But I didn’t know I had access to Game Pass on PC and mobile, is that correct?

Link is also for the US. In Canada you got $15 off the first month then back to regular joe prices :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well @Jaded-Fan I checked my xbox account just now, it has that “Ultimate” tag beside my username. So my unobservant ass had this and didn’t really question why. Lol, I should look at my account statements, I probably have a subscription to something I haven’t cancelled in years.

Edit: I’m going to be honest with you mate, I honestly don’t even know when I cancelled my gold and it turned into this Ultimate thing, but it did it, I should be worried but also it did what I would have anyway so maybe one of my drunk gaming nights I might have signed on to it? f*** if I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well @Jaded-Fan I checked my xbox account just now, it has that “Ultimate” tag beside my username. So my unobservant ass had this and didn’t really question why. Lol, I should look at my account statements, I probably have a subscription to something I haven’t cancelled in years.

I am glad that it helped you, if only inadvertently. Becoming aware is worthwhile too.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Speaking of Gamepass, I highly, highly recommend checking out What Remains of Edith Finch. The game is only 2-3 hours, but it's the first game in a long time I've ever been left speechless.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If anything you reminding me makes me want to take advantage of what I have, even more. I am curious what or how this benefits for me.

It's where everything is heading. It is why they are offering lower cost consoles without disk drives. Subscription based Netflix style is the future. And just like Netflix, you can still buy physical movies on disk, but how many really still do that?

They have over 100 titles at any time. You can play them on the concole, PC or your phone. Then there are other catalogues in addition like EA. I think in total you have access to over 350 games at any time. And like Netflix every month they rotate new ones in and old ones out. Exclusive games come to Gamepass Ultimate first. If you love a game rotating out you can buy it at a discount. There are other benefits but those are the main ones.

It was one reason that I wanted to get locked in at $4 a month for as long as possible. Because once they hook you the prices will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad