OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Are you more productive with music on too? I am also a fidgety person and am more productive if I am listening to music while I work, or better yet, listening to music and watching something. My brain meeds to have multiple things going on. It doesn’t make sense.
If I let a station play, like Sirius XM has stations that I try not to skip on my phone, whereas if I am on my Spotify, it's next next next...oh I like this song, 20 seconds later, next next next...

But yeah, music does help, but I am still fidgeting.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If I let a station play, like Sirius XM has stations that I try not to skip on my phone, whereas if I am on my Spotify, it's next next next...oh I like this song, 20 seconds later, next next next...

But yeah, music does help, but I am still fidgeting.

That Scorpions song (Animal Magnetism) I heard on Ozzy's Boneyard today. Been a long time since I heard it. I'm gonna have to revisit the Scorpions more.

Truely, things come in waves. Spotify wouldn't play that unless I pinned it.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Catching up on Supernatural after seeeeveral years off bc my tl has been blowing up on the finale, and I would like to submit 'Slicey McHackey' to the list of all time great monster names.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Also, here is Ziggy giving the local snowman the business:
20201125_132522.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@ColePens regarding exercise. I won’t go to a gym right now. I have some weights and bands at home. Since my office is closed and everyone working from home I really don’t see anyone and am coupled up at home. So while the weather is bad I get up and go to the mall early. The shops don’t open until a couple hours later but the doors are open and no one is really there so I do laps speed walking lol. One lap of the mall is 1 mile.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ColePens regarding exercise. I won’t go to a gym right now. I have some weights and bands at home. Since my office is closed and everyone working from home I really don’t see anyone and am coupled up at home. So while the weather is bad I get up and go to the mall early. The shops don’t open until a couple hours later but the doors are open and no one is really there so I do laps speed walking lol. One lap of the mall is 1 mile.

Home gym! I never leave home or put on pants. :laugh:

Yeah I always tell people to just invest in ONE thing you will use. Not a treadmill because they suuuck. But a bike, a rower, a gym, DBs, KBs, whatever you will use!

And walking is so important. I tell everyone who wants to do fitness just to simply walk. Just so many benefits.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Walking is underrated. Normally, I had to walk because I had to get out of the house and couldn’t drive. Now, I still walk. Turn on a podcast and take a stroll through the neighbour hood.

As for the gym, I’m not going until things clear up a bit in New Brunswick. I haven’t gone in moths. But, I’m still cooking and eating cleaner. So that’s good.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Walking is underrated. Normally, I had to walk because I had to get out of the house and couldn’t drive. Now, I still walk. Turn on a podcast and take a stroll through the neighbour hood.

As for the gym, I’m not going until things clear up a bit in New Brunswick. I haven’t gone in moths. But, I’m still cooking and eating cleaner. So that’s good.

I’ve always been big on walking. I put on SoundCloud and just listen to mashups and I’m happy.

Hated running even though it got me fitter than any exercise. Felt good after but running seemed unnatural to me. The one exception was game day in Aussie Rules football, instincts just took over.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I’ve never gotten on a treadmill to do 40:00 of cardio. I can’t bring myself to do it. Pre-COVID, I’d go for a jog downtown on weeknights.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Home gym! I never leave home or put on pants. :laugh:

Yeah I always tell people to just invest in ONE thing you will use. Not a treadmill because they suuuck. But a bike, a rower, a gym, DBs, KBs, whatever you will use!

And walking is so important. I tell everyone who wants to do fitness just to simply walk. Just so many benefits.

I did have to adjust MyFitnessPal. I had it linked to my iPhone health app and step tracker so “I’d be able to eat more”. Wasn’t really working so I increased my calories slightly to make it more sustainable and took out the “bonus” calories for exercise.

Edit: any suggestions on percentages for carbs, protein and fat. Is 35/35/30 good?

Reactions: BHD

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I like my hair colour light brown/blonde (now with shades of grey) but my facial hair after a week or 2 turns orange. I really hate that wish I had darker facial hair. I’ve got a good movember stache going. Not that anyone sees it with masks and all.

The culprit is my mother and her fake news lifelong “blonde” hair. I know you’re a ****ing ginger. Just admit it :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I did have to adjust MyFitnessPal. I had it linked to my iPhone health app and step tracker so “I’d be able to eat more”. Wasn’t really working so I increased my calories slightly to make it more sustainable and took out the “bonus” calories for exercise.

Edit: any suggestions on percentages for carbs, protein and fat. Is 35/35/30 good?

So i stay away from that for 1 reason - every human being is different. I'll break it down:

1) Protein: Most important. Most people don't know protein actually plays a role in the brain. I think no matter what a human should get 65-70% of their bodyweight in grams of protein each day. So if someone weighs 200lbs, 140g of protein is a MUST. I would recommend to active people 80%. It just plays such a role in so many things.

2) Carbs: Science is contradictory. High carb vs low carb really doesn't matter. Both diets have proven to work. So IMO it's more what you prefer. Carbs don't really satiate so I try to tell people not to rely on them for satiating appetite. It actually just makes you more hungry. That leads to more calories in vs out. That's why low carb works. It just helps people take less calories. That's all it really is about Calories in vs calories out.

3) Fat: Once again high fat diets have proven to work. So if fats are coming from meats, nuts, etc... I say f*** it. Ride or die with it unless you have heart issues then I would 10000000000% recommend a doctor. But for the majority of people can go either way.

I personally like 2 days on/2 days off for carbs. I go high vs. low. It really helps.

Reactions: BHD and Tom Hanks

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So i stay away from that for 1 reason - every human being is different. I'll break it down:

1) Protein: Most important. Most people don't know protein actually plays a role in the brain. I think no matter what a human should get 65-70% of their bodyweight in grams of protein each day. So if someone weighs 200lbs, 140g of protein is a MUST. I would recommend to active people 80%. It just plays such a role in so many things.

2) Carbs: Science is contradictory. High carb vs low carb really doesn't matter. Both diets have proven to work. So IMO it's more what you prefer. Carbs don't really satiate so I try to tell people not to rely on them for satiating appetite. It actually just makes you more hungry. That leads to more calories in vs out. That's why low carb works. It just helps people take less calories. That's all it really is about Calories in vs calories out.

3) Fat: Once again high fat diets have proven to work. So if fats are coming from meats, nuts, etc... I say f*** it. Ride or die with it unless you have heart issues then I would 10000000000% recommend a doctor. But for the majority of people can go either way.

I personally like 2 days on/2 days off for carbs. I go high vs. low. It really helps.

Yep, but I’d add on the carbs that they can be quite satiating if the carbs also contain fiber...Fruits, veggies, beans/legumes, whole grain pasta, oatmeal or brown rice...I never do a low carb diet as a pescatarian but I try to limit “white” or processed carbs...

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yep, but I’d add on the carbs that they can be quite satiating if the carbs also contain fiber...Fruits, veggies, beans/legumes, whole grain pasta, oatmeal or brown rice...I never do a low carb diet as a pescatarian but I try to limit “white” or processed carbs...

Yes yes yes yes. Fiber is a key contributor. That's a fantastic point, Andy.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Yeah good carbs are must for me especially with my brain injury. So for example I love pasta but I don’t overdo the portion. I buy pasta with fibre in it. Days I eat that as one of my meals the energy is better.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

I don’t follow it at all just seeing if it’s beneficial. I track carbs because of diabetes but also need enough of the good carbs for my brain.

I feel I hit that protein amount most days without having to be on top of it.

Fat I pretty much ignore except I like to limit the bad kinds in conjunction with monitoring sodium in my food.

I usually get enough vitamins in my diet (add vegetables to sandwiches, frozen ones into any sauces I make) but I do have a jar of multivitamins for the days I know I really didn’t eat well. I take magnesium (chronic headaches), omega3 (brain health) and vitamin D (easy to be deficient in Canada especially Raincouver lol)

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad