OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My girlfriend is really into Malbec now. A good Pinot Noir is my go to. For beer Guinness.

Although my girlfriend in the past did some things with wine that made me almost pretend not to know her. Put ice cubes into it. Mixed a very good 90 plus point wine with diet soda. And most infamously once tried a red, made a face that it was not sweet enough for her and added sweet and low to it. Then was surprised to discover that was even worse.
This hurt my soul.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Also, y'all know what Chambord is really good in? Brownies.*

*Eta: dark chocolate brownies. Lesser chocolate brownies are an abomination and this is not up for debate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
My girlfriend is really into Malbec now. A good Pinot Noir is my go to. For beer Guinness.

Although my girlfriend in the past did some things with wine that made me almost pretend not to know her. Put ice cubes into it. Mixed a very good 90 plus point wine with diet soda. And most infamously once tried a red, made a face that it was not sweet enough for her and added sweet and low to it. Then was surprised to discover that was even worse.

Learning of the existence of kalimotxo and being made to try it was the low point of my semester abroad.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gggrrrrooooooooogu!

The episode was very very very good. I'm not up with all my Star Wars universe characters and what not, but I watch a recap show that helps me with some of the deeper meaning behind stuff.

I loved it. I love the origin story. I loved everything. And the actresses who played the two bad asses fighting... props. In one 40 minute episode, their acting skills fully made me believe their power. Props to the writing for that, too. It's hard to get over a character in such a short period of time. They did an excellent job.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well....

After unending nightmare to the next... we made it home from the surgery and picu stay...

I can't even think about how many more times we are going to have to go through this...

.........but bright side..... all home safe... dog survived visits from my father... kid home and doing well, all that matters.

@Jaded-Fan you are a lawyer, yah?

Anyone a medical lawyer or the least bit knowledgeable about it?
PM me plz, thnx

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well....

After unending nightmare to the next... we made it home from the surgery and picu stay...

I can't even think about how many more times we are going to have to go through this...

.........but bright side..... all home safe... dog survived visits from my father... kid home and doing well, all that matters.

@Jaded-Fan you are a lawyer, yah?

Anyone a medical lawyer or the least bit knowledgeable about it?
PM me plz, thnx

My entire family are in medicine. Almost anyways. Even my girlfriend is a nurse.

I would be disowned if I went the med malpractice game. I make my living the honest way. I break up marriages for a living.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My entire family are in medicine. Almost anyways. Even my girlfriend is a nurse.

I would be disowned if I went the med malpractice game. I make my living the honest way. I break up marriages for a living.

haha.. I see I see...

It's all good... nm then =P

Not really doing anything... but if I've ever been close to doing so... this was it. Mostly curious how bad it has to get before taking action because a lot of things... not just one.. should have never happened... very sloppy... usually we'd deal with it and move on with how much crap we been through having to deal with hospitals so much... we're used to it, but this was a new low.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
haha.. I see I see...

It's all good... nm then =P

Not really doing anything... but if I've ever been close to doing so... this was it. Mostly curious how bad it has to get before taking action because a lot of things... not just one.. should have never happened... very sloppy... usually we'd deal with it and move on with how much crap we been through having to deal with hospitals so much... we're used to it, but this was a new low.

The standard is that within a reasonable degree of medical certainty that the physician or care giver deviated from the norm and that deviation directly caused the harm. You have dueling medical experts in cases that go forward.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When I can’t find my phone in my house I shout “hey Siri tell a joke”. It’s a great way to find your phone

4o6c4b.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The episode was very very very good. I'm not up with all my Star Wars universe characters and what not, but I watch a recap show that helps me with some of the deeper meaning behind stuff.

I loved it. I love the origin story. I loved everything. And the actresses who played the two bad asses fighting... props. In one 40 minute episode, their acting skills fully made me believe their power. Props to the writing for that, too. It's hard to get over a character in such a short period of time. They did an excellent job.
Filoni directed it. I'm not sure if you saw the original 3, but watching clone wars would also help. Why I mention Filoni is that he's very involved in the animated shows and a lot of his characters have bled into the cannon stuff now. Namely, Ashoka Tano and Bo-Katan and another awesome character coming up - Thrawn. Some are known but Filonis show fleshed them out fairly well.

I would say just for this show...

Watch clone wars.
Then watch the original 3.
Then watch Rebels.
Then the stuff in Mando will make a ton of sense.

Reactions: ColePens

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The standard is that within a reasonable degree of medical certainty that the physician or care giver deviated from the norm and that deviation directly caused the harm. You have dueling medical experts in cases that go forward.

I figure it'd be a massive duel, but we didn't have a spy teddy bear cam, which we SHOULD HAVE.... because then we would have them dead to rights... Like I said, I'm not pursing it, but I just would never want someone to have to go through that... or us have to go through it again...

Without the stress of being up for almost 100 hours with only cat naps... without knowing the stress of parenting / protecting special needs children... it's.... let's just say..

Nah, nm... I just typed the shortest summary about it I can and it's going to be massive for the context so I del'd it... not looking to get into this again today... wifey keeps mentioning this or that and reminding me about it

no worries honestly, I just want to relax and forget about it already...

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Been quite bored today. And I have another day off tomorrow. There's only so much exercising and YouTube/Netflixing I can do.

I thought the episode was just okay. Maybe I hyped myself up for it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad