OT: Cole's Funhouse of Honour - AINT NOBODY WEARING CROCS IN HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's where everything is heading. It is why they are offering lower cost consoles without disk drives. Subscription based Netflix style is the future. And just like Netflix, you can still buy physical movies on disk, but how many really still do that?

It was one reason that I wanted to get locked in at $4 a month for as long as possible. Because once they hook you the prices will follow.
The only thing I don’t like is that they still go 1TB for hard drives, consoles should be coming with 4TB minimum.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The only thing I don’t like is that they still go 1TB for hard drives, consoles should be coming with 4TB minimum.

There is an expansion slot. Currently only 1 TB is offered and it is expensive, $219. But one would think in the future bigger expansions will be offered.

The expansion is as fast as the internal.

That said, the ones that I feel bad for are the ones grabbing S's right now. After using internal memory what do you have left? 375 or so to store games? That will not work for long. And if you are going to spend over $200 for a 1 tb expansion you are already spending more than an X for less of a machine.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There is an expansion slot. Currently only 1 TB is offered and it is expensive, $219. But one would think in the future bigger expansions will be offered.

The expansion is as fast as the internal.
What’s the internal? You can get a 1TB internal and then get a 1TB expansion?

My Xbone annoys me when I have to constantly delete a game to try a new one and yeah I know, I should maybe cull some of the games, but I like going online randomly on some of them and to sit and wait to download and go back is an annoyance I would rather not face.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What’s the internal? You can get a 1TB internal and then get a 1TB expansion?

My Xbone annoys me when I have to constantly delete a game to try a new one and yeah I know, I should maybe cull some of the games, but I like going online randomly on some of them and to sit and wait to download and go back is an annoyance I would rather not face.

The X has 1 TB, S 512 GB. But remember each are less because the OS requires disk space. You might get 800 out of the x and 375 out of the S. Considering that some games are over 100 GB's now, that will fill quickly.

Costco has the propriety expansion card as a bundle with a 3 month pass added in for basically $10:

https://www.costco.com/seagate-storage-expansion-card-for-xbox-series-xs---xbox-game-pass-ultimate:-3-month-membership-[digital-code]-included.product.100708051.html

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Are those moves we never made drenched in fantasy or actual trades the team tried to do that fell through and not just speculation?

Trades or draft picks or signings that fell through that they heard were on the table.

Acquiring Moog instead of Barrasso.

Drafting Selanne.

Getting Zubrus in the Jags trade.

Signing Lavi.

Hossa five year contract.

Drafting Backstrom over Staal.

Signing Hamhuis if we couldn’t have gotten Martin (following the acquiring of his rights).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Trades or draft picks or signings that fell through that they heard were on the table.

Acquiring Moog instead of Barrasso.

Drafting Selanne.

Getting Zubrus in the Jags trade.

Signing Lavi.

Hossa five year contract.

Drafting Backstrom over Staal.

Signing Hamhuis if we couldn’t have gotten Martin (following the acquiring of his rights).
Saved me 12 bucks mate.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
This is the external hard drive I have for my xbox one s: https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Game-Drive-Green-STEA2000403/dp/B01065S79E

If anyone has an Amex, you can get 20% off by using a single MR point. There are occasionally 40% off offers with 1 MR if you are patient (and lucky). Similar deals with Discover using .01 cash back for 20% discount. I put all my game pass stuff on the internal, all my bought games on the external.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is the external hard drive I have for my xbox one s: https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Game-Drive-Green-STEA2000403/dp/B01065S79E

If anyone has an Amex, you can get 20% off by using a single MR point. There are occasionally 40% off offers with 1 MR if you are patient (and lucky). Similar deals with Discover using .01 cash back for 20% discount. I put all my game pass stuff on the internal, all my bought games on the external.

I noticed the huge markups for the 1TB expansion for the next generation console.

But if you aren't upgrading that is a good deal.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah my Amex account was showing me a bunch of deals all week. Didn't see this one. Thanks for the heads up mate.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Check your Amex offers within Amex app, too. There's an 8x points on Amazon purchases!

One complaint - i can't find a single place with ALL the offers on my AMEX. It's so random. I just want a whole list.

And 2nd thing.. I finally just got referred to Rakuten because they ran a special that if you get referred you get $40 after spending 40. I was goign to buy shorts anyway and i got 'em for free. I should have used this f***ing website forever ago. I'm an idiot.

And the trick is... if you are signing up GET REFERRED. Then refer your partner. Same household works. You will get $120 for spending $80 that you already were going to spend. So basically free $120. No strings. I'm a f***ing idiot for thinking this was some scam. :laugh:

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Check your Amex offers within Amex app, too. There's an 8x points on Amazon purchases!
Yeah my fiancé is murdering my card with that one on Amazon. Who the f*** needs 2 external battery packs? I stopped scrolling at the order after I saw fake eye lashes and other random shit.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately, and quite predictably, that was far from a unique example.

I had little faith in the general goodness of my fellow man before the pandemic. This past year eliminated any remaining faith. If people can't even mask or social distance for want of a crappy meal at Applebys that actually kill people why are we surprised at dick moves like this guy pulled off?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I didn’t really find any Black Friday deals for anything. To my surprise my grocery store was 15% off everything. I got GTA V for $15.

Was hoping some glasses I wanted were going cheaper. I’ll actually buy them anyway but no big spending today. More money for travel when we’re good to go again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As you likely remember I am the last one to talk about marriage.

But yeah, I was of course kidding above.
Oh I know, no worries.

Are you into mixology at all by any chance? I like to mess about with Liqueurs and make random mixes. This one isn’t as random and is a drink...but it’s always fun to see which infused Vodka’s taste good with it.
In a tall glass.

1.5oz Chambord.
1.5oz Ketel One Grapefruit Vodka
3oz of Lemonade
2oz of Club soda
Use cocktail spoon to stir.
Pour on the rocks of course.

I bought a ton of games btw, I got the Origins and the other one that @Khelandros was awesome about sending me a PM so I would understand the story of the newest Assassin’s Creed. Thanks btw for even making me aware my dumbass had the Game Pass Ultimate and to take more advantage of it.

Now to get drunk and shoot at random things in Red Dead Redemption 2 while my fiancé stares at me disapprovingly.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Oh I know, no worries.

Are you into mixology at all by any chance? I like to mess about with Liqueurs and make random mixes. This one isn’t as random and is a drink...but it’s always fun to see which infused Vodka’s taste good with it.
In a tall glass.

1.5oz Chambord.
1.5oz Ketel One Grapefruit Vodka
3oz of Lemonade
2oz of Club soda
Use cocktail spoon to stir.
Pour on the rocks of course.

I bought a ton of games btw, I got the Origins and the other one that @Khelandros was awesome about sending me a PM so I would understand the story of the newest Assassin’s Creed. Thanks btw for even making me aware my dumbass had the Game Pass Ultimate and to take more advantage of it.

Now to get drunk and shoot at random things in Red Dead Redemption 2 while my fiancé stares at me disapprovingly.

I never was much for cocktails or hard alcohol. Wines mostly, beers at times. My GF would love anything with Chambord in it though.

As for gaming, honestly I only knew what I shared as I was looking into it lately. I have not done anything gaming for quite a number of years now, maybe five or six years. I got an OLED television in the leadup to Black Friday, an LG CX 65", and it happened to be among the best for the next gen consoles. So it sent me wading once again back down that rabbit hole.

I mentioned a while ago, I was in a fairly hard core guild in WOW for about ten years. Top of the server type of guild, when new content came out we were expected to be geared and ready to go the moment the new content opened, and would go seven days a week, eight hours a night to be if possible first on the server to down the last boss.

I did not want that anymore and walked away. I cringe to think about my wading in even a little bit once more.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I never was much for cocktails or hard alcohol. Wines mostly, beers at times. My GF would love anything with Chambord in it though.

As for gaming, honestly I only knew what I shared as I was looking into it lately. I have not done anything gaming for quite a number of years now, maybe five or six years. I got an OLED television in the leadup to Black Friday, an LG CX 65", and it happened to be among the best for the next gen consoles. So it sent me wading once again back down that rabbit hole.

I mentioned a while ago, I was in a fairly hard core guild in WOW for about ten years. Top of the server type of guild, when new content came out we were expected to be geared and ready to go the moment the new content opened, and would go seven days a week, eight hours a night to be if possible first on the server to down the last boss.

I did not want that anymore and walked away. I cringe to think about my wading in even a little bit once more.
I never got into WOW, when people were getting into that, my thing was Zerg rushing punk ass wankers on campus.

Chambord is an interesting liqueur. There’s one that I tried recently that tastes like Oatmeal Cookies.

1oz Chambord
1oz Rum Chata
1oz Tennessee Honey Jack Daniels

That’s what the original mix asked, I added 3oz of lactose free Natrel 2% milk and of course on the rocks and it was great. My fiancé seems to enjoy it a fair amount.

As for wine...I am very into my blends, merlot and Cab Sav’s. For whites, I can f*** with Viognier. My fiancé will drink wine with me, tries a few of the hard liquor ones for a bit but always goes back to being a Whino.

Duckhorn Three Palms Napa is great. Caymus Cab Sav Napa 2017 is also a good one, Austin Hope Casa Robles Cab Sav is also delicious. Randomly, Conundrum is a red blend, California as well and fairly good. Shiraz I recently tried, Penfolds Magill Estate 2017 (Australia) was surprisingly decent.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I never got into WOW, when people were getting into that, my thing was Zerg rushing punk ass wankers on campus.

Chambord is an interesting liqueur. There’s one that I tried recently that tastes like Oatmeal Cookies.

1oz Chambord
1oz Rum Chata
1oz Tennessee Honey Jack Daniels

That’s what the original mix asked, I added 3oz of lactose free Natrel 2% milk and of course on the rocks and it was great. My fiancé seems to enjoy it a fair amount.

As for wine...I am very into my blends, merlot and Cab Sav’s. For whites, I can f*** with Viognier. My fiancé will drink wine with me, tries a few of the hard liquor ones for a bit but always goes back to being a Whino.

Duckhorn Three Palms Napa is great. Caymus Cab Sav Napa 2017 is also a good one, Austin Hope Casa Robles Cab Sav is also delicious. Randomly, Conundrum is a red blend, California as well and fairly good. Shiraz I recently tried, Penfolds Magill Estate 2017 (Australia) was surprisingly decent.

My girlfriend is really into Malbec now. A good Pinot Noir is my go to. For beer Guinness.

Although my girlfriend in the past did some things with wine that made me almost pretend not to know her. Put ice cubes into it. Mixed a very good 90 plus point wine with diet soda. And most infamously once tried a red, made a face that it was not sweet enough for her and added sweet and low to it. Then was surprised to discover that was even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad