OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Solved:

120837762_775867123195935_1074945783727188604_o.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Man, I love night driving. :laugh: I guess it's just years of having to drive from Chicago to PA after my sister got off 2nd shift.

The lonelier the highway, the better IMO.

Nothing beats that 1-3am window with some synthwave music

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Canceled my trip to Denver. Didn't want to get sick out there and then stranded.

I'll be doing some vacation type stuff in the Burgh. Tomorrow I'm getting a massage, will then go get breakfast, and will then hit up a brewery for some samples.

Friday I plan on walking from my house in Morningside all the way to the border of Lawrenceville and the Strip District. I'll be stopping at a few shops along the way, obviously.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Canceled my trip to Denver. Didn't want to get sick out there and then stranded.

I'll be doing some vacation type stuff in the Burgh. Tomorrow I'm getting a massage, will then go get breakfast, and will then hit up a brewery for some samples.

Friday I plan on walking from my house in Morningside all the way to the border of Lawrenceville and the Strip District. I'll be stopping at a few shops along the way, obviously.

Probably too far to walk from where you’re coming from, but if you’re gonna be in the Strip, there’s a cool bar in the north shore called Federal Galley. It’s basically the same thing as Smallman Galley, but they have outdoor seating. The happy hour is great, half off craft beers. I haven’t been there since COVID so I’m not sure if anything has changed, but that was one of my go to spots before everything shut down.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Probably too far to walk from where you’re coming from, but if you’re gonna be in the Strip, there’s a cool bar in the north shore called Federal Galley. It’s basically the same thing as Smallman Galley, but they have outdoor seating. The happy hour is great, half off craft beers. I haven’t been there since COVID so I’m not sure if anything has changed, but that was one of my go to spots before everything shut down.

I'll be doing some downtown and north side walks on the weekend. And I think I'll be doing South Side on Monday.

Thursday: East Liberty and surrounding areas
Friday: Lawrenceville and surrounding areas
Saturday/Sunday: downtown and north side
Monday: South Side?

I'd like to get Squirrel Hill in there at some point.

Google Maps

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@That1Kid - my buddy sent me that this morning. I WAS JUST THERE ON SATURDAY! Now i have to go back. I legit asked "Hey.. what happened to the steakburger? It was awesome." And she had no clue.

I do know ground meat has been f***ing weird lately. It's tough to get really solid ground meat. Butterjoint just sent a message about takeout being available (not just the make at home kits)>

IT'S BURGER TIME!

Reactions: That1Kid

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Question for the HR folks that post on HF, I think @Gurglesons is in this category. I applied for a position in DC that I didn't meet the years of experience and educational requirements for (wanted a PhD with 5 years of experience, I'm at a Master's with 3 years of experience), but I did hear back from them and had an interview with someone from their hiring department. They mentioned a few times in the interview that I didn't hit the educational requirements, but they were impressed because my work experience was extremely related to what they wanted. I confidently said I was a 8 or 9 out of 10 on the somewhat niche software that they were looking for experience with for the position, which is a true statement. They mentioned they would submit my "scorecard" to the hiring manager and the hiring manager would decide if they wanted to go forward with an interview.

My question is this, will the hiring manager actually care whether I have a PhD and 5 years of work experience or not, or is that just a HR hurdle that I've already gone through? The hiring person I talked to also told me to apply to other positions I may see that I like, which makes me think he really likes my resume but doesn't think I'm qualified for this position, but that may be me reading too much into this.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Question for the HR folks that post on HF, I think @Gurglesons is in this category. I applied for a position in DC that I didn't meet the years of experience and educational requirements for (wanted a PhD with 5 years of experience, I'm at a Master's with 3 years of experience), but I did hear back from them and had an interview with someone from their hiring department. They mentioned a few times in the interview that I didn't hit the educational requirements, but they were impressed because my work experience was extremely related to what they wanted. I confidently said I was a 8 or 9 out of 10 on the somewhat niche software that they were looking for experience with for the position, which is a true statement. They mentioned they would submit my "scorecard" to the hiring manager and the hiring manager would decide if they wanted to go forward with an interview.

My question is this, will the hiring manager actually care whether I have a PhD and 5 years of work experience or not, or is that just a HR hurdle that I've already gone through? The hiring person I talked to also told me to apply to other positions I may see that I like, which makes me think he really likes my resume but doesn't think I'm qualified for this position, but that may be me reading too much into this.

Is it government or union?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Not government. They do stuff on government contracts, but it's a small start up nuclear company that they're trying to emphasize has a "entrepreneur" feel.

Shouldn’t have any effect. If it was union or government they may be required to satisfy certain requirements, but they could probably hire me if they wanted to.

That being said, I imagine you aren’t the recruiters number one pick if they are prefacing it like that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Shouldn’t have any effect. If it was union or government they may be required to satisfy certain requirements, but they could probably hire me if they wanted to.

That being said, I imagine you aren’t the recruiters number one pick if they are prefacing it like that.

Yeah I can believe this, but my thought is that if I'm even getting to the HR interview, the lack of experience isn't problematic enough to prevent me from getting further interviews. But we'll see.

It would be weird to select me for an HR interview only to tell the hiring manager "this guy is good, but he doesn't have the years of experience". I feel like it's HR's job to weed out the people without the years of experience at that point :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Yeah I can believe this, but my thought is that if I'm even getting to the HR interview, the lack of experience isn't problematic enough to prevent me from getting further interviews. But we'll see.

It would be weird to select me for an HR interview only to tell the hiring manager "this guy is good, but he doesn't have the years of experience". I feel like it's HR's job to weed out the people without the years of experience at that point :laugh:

It’s also HR’s job to provide a list of candidates that are unique so they might just be using you for that :)

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad