OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
California on fire again

People can't drive

Y'all should kick ALL shoes off at door

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
California on fire again

People can't drive

Y'all should kick ALL shoes off at door

Is it really that great of a place to live? It seems like a nightmare and a nightmare you can't easily escape: oceans west - giant mountains + desert east - potable water flow that can disappear at any time - fires - earthquakes... that is only sticking with mother nature.

The man made problems of that place are even more outrageous than the previously mentioned problems... I don't have to name them, the list is enormous and pretty much everyone (for the most part) already is aware of the issues.

I know I asked you before but man.... is it worth to live in that place? Outside of work and family... would you stay there / relocate if you were unfettered?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Mate, listen, in EA my team is stacked.

STACKED.

But you know, real life...

I installed NHL 2009 ... it's the last one made for pc - and I have no game consoles outside of the wii. I can't take NHL 09..
goalie is too magnetic and the graphics are ...... bad.... gameplay isn't enough to keep me into it. I had my favorite hockey game on emu with NHL 2k8 but it was the PS2 version not the 360 so it wasn't as good.

I miss hockey games.... I'm not buying a game console just to play hockey games.... I wonder what the PC sales for NHL games was.... it had to be awful ... as in... putrid... to get axed totally. There is ZERO hockey games for pc in the current decade. Hockey 'coaching' simulator games exist, but I mean... ya know... playable arcade/sim hockey.

SO...... I just finished Divinity Original Sin 2 yesterday!!! After... ohhhhhh I think..... a solid 2 months.... probably more around 3 months I played that game during my down time and have finally finished it. Now I can free up 54 gigs and look to my next game.... which may be Shadow of the Tomb Raider (3) or whatever the name is. Already started it months..... year(s) ago even, but stopped about 30% through. Tomb raider will be short though, a week or two.... not like that DoS2 stuff.... easily over 100 hours....

Just as I was looking I see Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020..... score a perfect score across the boards (outside of the angry fans at the pc installer issue and pay wall cutting out cool airports) .... Did anyone ever play MS Flight Simulator? New or old? Eightyone knows I really want to fly =P maybe this will do until I get 250$ to blow for each (2 hour lesson) to get my private pilots license.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Is it really that great of a place to live? It seems like a nightmare and a nightmare you can't easily escape: oceans west - giant mountains + desert east - potable water flow that can disappear at any time - fires - earthquakes... that is only sticking with mother nature.

The man made problems of that place are even more outrageous than the previously mentioned problems... I don't have to name them, the list is enormous and pretty much everyone (for the most part) already is aware of the issues.

I know I asked you before but man.... is it worth to live in that place? Outside of work and family... would you stay there / relocate if you were unfettered?

you didn't ask me :) BUT I've been to LA and that area a significant amount for my work. I'm probably a basic white guy but I love it there. I enjoy it being warm most days and people seem happier. I could envision myself doing wakeboarding and playing vball on the beach most days

But there is no way I could afford to live there...

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Lol I'd move if everything were equal

But rather be in Germany/Austria than Ohio, ya know?

Out of all my travels, which is kind of decent world-wide considering I'm only in my 30's....

(out of where I've been) I'd take:
Florida Keys
Toronto
DC - a nice part, part of me loved living there, part of me hated it. Depends on my mood / job / money

I'd avoid:
NYC
Chicago
New Jersey
Bermuda

Fantasy would be living where I live now, but a not mansion - I hate overly big houses - a perfectly designed house to give 3-4 people size family enough privacy to not intrude on each other, built in the woods near a lake and a creek / stream with a waterfall or two and room to grow my own produce / and a few chickens. I don't mind PA, but the job scene stinks outside of cities (generally speaking).

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
you didn't ask me :) BUT I've been to LA and that area a significant amount for my work. I'm probably a basic white guy but I love it there. I enjoy it being warm most days and people seem happier. I could envision myself doing wakeboarding and playing vball on the beach most days

Yeah anyone can jump in... I just know he lives there.

Yeah, expensive living is keeping me where I am for the most part. I had a possible job in Twenty Nine Palms california outside of San Bernadino(sp?) east of LA but in the desert... I was looking at housing and where we could afford with the job.... it was definitely doable, but then I thought about all the changes that would come from living in the desert... today even still, I'm not sure whether I would take a job in that specific area.

I even applied for a job in LA that paid 90k a year and that was like hobo wages when it came to getting a nice house in the area. That's just insane. I've never been there so I can't say whether or not it would be worth living there to take a shack of a house ... just to at least be living there.

Add: twenty nine palms haha... corrected. Not twenty one =P

Last edited:

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Man, it smells like smoke again when I go outside. Terrible. I got these P2.5 filters for my mask and I’m really glad now...the air is terrible for those of us with asthma or breathing problems associated with a certain virus

Ash is falling here in the valley like the wrist WORST case of dandruff ever

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Lol I'd move if everything were equal

But rather be in Germany/Austria than Ohio, ya know?

Hell, I'd take Transnistria over Ohio. Or like 15 other states.

This string of 100+ days is making me dream of the eventual heat death of the universe.

Personally I'd leave without a second thought if I could move without losing my goddamned healthcare.

Pennsylvania didn't want me, Montana didn't want me, California gave me medication and therapy. I don't want California, but hey, the state treats me like a human being instead of a liability. I'm sick of being in a loveless relationship because the alternates are either abusive or neglectful. Also this weather is the opposite of what I can tolerate :laugh:

Summer in Iceland; Winter in Alaska. The dream. Stop looking at me like that. No, you're weird.

Last edited:

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Also @LOGiK

It's not the fires that are really the problem..it's just so damn many of y'all moved here, the cities and inhabited areas push up into the wildlands

Fire is super necessary to how the plants etc grow here. The cycle of drought, fire, regrowth is needed. We just need like less people lol

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
If you're not willing to bring some cargo pants to the party, you may be a lost cause. If you have a vendor preference, that's a different thing, but more pockets are better than less. :dunno: Give me all the pockets!!!!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I'm not a big fan of California but my brother lives in SD and it's nice there. When I did visit for a week or two at a time, it's pretty chill and lots to do and drive to.

I think most places suck ass if you look for suck ass things.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
@Ogrezilla heres your Huckleberry.

I will never fall off my Team Pockets hill!!! I choose to have the option of places for my stuff, and dog treats, which always have use.

If you want to talk high fashion, you may join me in my awe of the whole Ms. Fisher's Murder Mysteries ensemble. How did they handle not having more pockets?????? :laugh:

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
This guy gets it. Utility is key. Nobody important to me cares if my pants have extra pockets.

Gal :thumbu: there are never too many places to stash things. Trail mix? Check. Pick up bags? Check. Lip balm and sunscreen? There's a pocket for that!!! Pro pockets all the way.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->