OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Dude I will 1000000% never get Lasik. I have a funny experience. Now first and foremost - my buddy's lasik went perfectly well. It was just the 3-5 days of hell that make me say no. I like how i look in glasses.

But long story short.. my buddy asked if I would pick him up from Lasik. He walks out like a blind man, no assistance, so I get out of the car and help him. I legit said "Dude.. you better not jump scare me or i'll punch you." He was basically blind trying to find my car. So i walked him to my car.

In my car his head is down and he's just saying they burn so bad. We drive 35 minutes to his house.. I have to walk him into his house because he still cannot see and his eyes are burning. I sit him on his couch so he can make it through the next week. :laugh:

But watching what he went through, that is 3-5 days of hell I do not want. And this was last year. His eyes are perfect now and it was only short term awfulness for long term game. Someone who despises glasses would benefit from the short term pain. But helllll no for me.

I've heard the same thing from fellow judoka who got it done to compete. Seems like a pretty painful process, and I've also heard that a significant portion have to either get it again or wear glasses again as they age. :dunno: Do not want, particularly. Besides, as you say, glasses are cool accessories.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's crazy! Hell no. I know family members who got it when it first came out and need readers now. It's like damn, what's the point. I'm like you though I couldn't play with my eyes like that. Too risky. I just recently needed them. I couldn't get contacts in. I think I might be able to now after watching videos. But it's like if I couldn't handle touching my eye how the hell would I handle Lasik? I got to decide though; try to get contacts in, Lasik, or wear glasses a lot.

:eek: was it hell the first time?
It smelled like burning eggs or something weird. Didn't bother me at all. Felt fine after a week. My gf on the other hand, acted like she was dying while I took care of that giant baby and her eye drop schedule.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh man I can’t stand the thought of anything near my eyes. I’m glad I’m basically 20/20 because eye drops? Nope. Contacts? Nope. Even watching my wife do those freaks me out.
It'll gross you out knowing I've had my eye sliced open and had stitches in them that the eye doc would pluck out with sharp pin point tweezers on a weekly basis. All 100+ of them.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It'll gross you out knowing I've had my eye sliced open and had stitches in them that the eye doc would pluck out with sharp pin point tweezers on a weekly basis. All 100+ of them.

S2ES.gif

I can't touch my eyeball with my finger and you've had yours sliced open...

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The best part was how gnarly my eye looked, it was red, not a sight of the white part of my eye was visible, just dark red blood.

The stitches being pulled and poked, it felt like something sharp and stingy in my eye. Every damn visit.

I did get to wear a pretty cool eye patch for like 7 months.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Dude I will 1000000% never get Lasik. I have a funny experience. Now first and foremost - my buddy's lasik went perfectly well. It was just the 3-5 days of hell that make me say no. I like how i look in glasses.

But long story short.. my buddy asked if I would pick him up from Lasik. He walks out like a blind man, no assistance, so I get out of the car and help him. I legit said "Dude.. you better not jump scare me or i'll punch you." He was basically blind trying to find my car. So i walked him to my car.

In my car his head is down and he's just saying they burn so bad. We drive 35 minutes to his house.. I have to walk him into his house because he still cannot see and his eyes are burning. I sit him on his couch so he can make it through the next week. :laugh:

But watching what he went through, that is 3-5 days of hell I do not want. And this was last year. His eyes are perfect now and it was only short term awfulness for long term game. Someone who despises glasses would benefit from the short term pain. But helllll no for me.

My mom got it a few years back after being turned away a few years before that on account of the technology not being up to snuff for her particular issues.

It took about a year for her eyes to revert to form. Apparently they're *very* determined to be troublesome - not quite bad enough for bifocals, but a regular prescription doesn't address everything, plus severe astigmatism. It doesn't hamper her at all, she just never can see *well*, which sucks, especially living in a place that offers so much to see.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My mom got it a few years back after being turned away a few years before that on account of the technology not being up to snuff for her particular issues.

It took about a year for her eyes to revert to form. Apparently they're *very* determined to be troublesome - not quite bad enough for bifocals, but a regular prescription doesn't address everything, plus severe astigmatism. It doesn't hamper her at all, she just never can see *well*, which sucks, especially living in a place that offers so much to see.
Lasik also messes with your night vision and the halo effect with oncoming traffic, my gf can't drive at night without complaining about that, I told her to get driving glasses which she scoffed at, thinking I was mocking her speeding and that she needed racing glasses or something, but she tried on those yellow lenses and it's been better for her.

But that's a shitty side effect for a "sort of" permanent solution before "aging" puts your arse back into glasses.
I wear glasses and contacts at the same time to boost my vision even further. What’s better than 20/20 vision? X-Ray.
It's also the combination Sully & Sarge used while scouting JJ heavily.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Lasik also messes with your night vision and the halo effect with oncoming traffic, my gf can't drive at night without complaining about that, I told her to get driving glasses which she scoffed at, thinking I was mocking her speeding and that she needed racing glasses or something, but she tried on those yellow lenses and it's been better for her.

But that's a shitty side effect for a "sort of" permanent solution before "aging" puts your arse back into glasses.

Yeah, she reallllly hates driving at night now, not that she was ever very keen on it to begin with.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad