OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Persol has some nice ones but do I spend the extra and just get Cartier. I don't like Tom Ford eyeglasses too bulky but they have really nice sunglasses. I think the ones Letang has on are Tom Ford.

I was thinking the same about transition. But I thought this style could pull off both. They are kind of like Letangs.

get_image_zoom.php

Now the ones I really want that won't fit. I'd never get this style in transition.

get_image_zoom.php
I like that Persols are hand made with crystal lenses. Tom Ford makes some nice ones that aren't too bulky but it depends on your look.

I rock the "clubmaster" style in rx lenses by Tom Ford.

These ones.
BLUE BLOCK RETANGULAR MAGNETIC BRIDGE OPTICAL

My gf likes these best on me vs my thick frames by them that she calls my black Clark Kent look ones.

My fav shades? My Steve McQueen Persols in black frame and the tortoise in blue lenses are pure sex mate. Sex.

713132367209_noshad_fr.png

I have 14 pairs of Persols so it's definitely my fav brand for sunglasses. My Rx I like Giorgio and Ford.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
The last three or so days have been an absolute theater of the absurd, and the fact that at this time last year I got to watch the Pens curbstomp the Jackets in person and live technicolor is hitting hard :help:

Everyone is okay!!! It's just...so much Murphy's Law in my own personal sphere :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 20201004_010517.jpg
    20201004_010517.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 3

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I like that Persols are hand made with crystal lenses. Tom Ford makes some nice ones that aren't too bulky but it depends on your look.

I rock the "clubmaster" style in rx lenses by Tom Ford.

These ones.
BLUE BLOCK RETANGULAR MAGNETIC BRIDGE OPTICAL

My gf likes these best on me vs my thick frames by them that she calls my black Clark Kent look ones.

My fav shades? My Steve McQueen Persols in black frame and the tortoise in blue lenses are pure sex mate. Sex.

713132367209_noshad_fr.png

I have 14 pairs of Persols so it's definitely my fav brand for sunglasses. My Rx I like Giorgio and Ford.

Those are fire. I found some nice Persols I was going to buy but on their site everytime I click prescription it glitches out and nothing comes up.

How did you guys get your PD? (Pupillary Distance) for these glasses? I have my prescription but every site I use wants to know my PD and where I get my prescription wouldn't give that to me. I legit asked and they wouldn't.

Any apps or any thoughts? @SouthGeorge

Thats weird they wouldn't tell you. You could just measure it yourself. There's got to be an app or something.

What are you getting? :cool:

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I always liked the look of Persols, but they are owned by Luxottica, the same company that owns Brooks Brothers, Coach, Chanel, D&G, Prada, Ray Bans, Versace etc. glasses. I kind of hate that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I always liked the look of Persols, but they are owned by Luxottica, the same company that owns Brooks Brothers, Coach, Chanel, D&G, Prada, Ray Bans, Versace etc. glasses. I kind of hate that.
I hated that too and while they've ruined some brands, Persol maintains their original ways, just get funding from those tossers.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How did you guys get your PD? (Pupillary Distance) for these glasses? I have my prescription but every site I use wants to know my PD and where I get my prescription wouldn't give that to me. I legit asked and they wouldn't.

Any apps or any thoughts? @SouthGeorge
I had a place write it down for me when I got new frames a few years back. Most will do that so you have that on file with your Rx. It doesn't change much as you age. Only in your senior years does it really need to get updated.

So my Rx has my normal stuff + my PD.

But to my knowledge there are online glasses places that have pretty damn accurate virtual reading and there are ways to do it by yourself as well.

Reactions: ColePens

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
@dogthateats i compared a pair of Persols I had from 1993 (2yrs before the purchase) and the pairs I have now and the quality stands.

They (Lux) did destroy Ray Ban. They are so f***ing cheap.
Good to know, I am in the market for new glasses so I will have to check them out.
I have a couple pair of thicker acetate frames and they get uncomfortable after wearing for several hours. I want something lighter, but don’t think wire frames would look good on me.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Good to know, I am in the market for new glasses so I will have to check them out.
I have a couple pair of thicker acetate frames and they get uncomfortable after wearing for several hours. I want something lighter, but don’t think wire frames would look good on me.
Persols are not light but not heavy either. For me a lot of thicker acetate frames (the lack of give and pressure near my Temples) gave me headaches so when I was younger and tried a pair of Persols on with their meflecto flex, it was always comfortable and the rest (where it loops your ear) should always be adjusted but also fairly simple to do on your own. I saw a place do it and realized I really just need a very hot hair dryer and patience.

Reactions: dogthateats

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Those are fire. I found some nice Persols I was going to buy but on their site everytime I click prescription it glitches out and nothing comes up.

Thats weird they wouldn't tell you. You could just measure it yourself. There's got to be an app or something.

What are you getting? :cool:

IDK man.. now i want like 10 pair. Something for every different day.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
@Andy99 saw you post about the Stairway ruling in the other thread. Was glad to see it too-- the whole trial reminded me of Fantasy, Inc. v. Fogerty , which is my other favorite batshit music copyright trial.

Zeppelin is an old favorite of mine, for sure. One of the first bands I really got into. But even I can admit they played it awfully fast and loose sometimes when it came to crediting who they borrowed off of. Not nearly as much as their detractors would have you believe, mind you... but they did.

That said I find this entire lawsuit to be silly and baseless. I really, really tried to hear similarities that were UNDENIABLE in nature but I'm sorry... it just isn't there. I'm glad this was finally quashed because there is/was already enough f***ery going on in the courts re: copyright.

Reactions: Andy99

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I was eyeing these, but would need to try them on. Probably end up looking like Harry Potter. Eyeglasses 0OV1274T - Pewter - Demo Lens - Titanium | Oliver Peoples USA

tenor.gif

I've had fittings before and I think the best pair/fitting I got I winged because I liked them. They were cheap though, I wouldn't recommend with $600 frames. That's why I want to get a really nice pair with those measurements. @Honour Over Glory has me on Persols but they won't let me put my prescription in. @ColePens Rayban has some nice ones but looking at $300-400.

I can get one pair of Cartiers or a brand below eyeglasses, sunglasses, and something else. Or quit being a p***y and just put the stack towards Lasik. Decisions :huh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
tenor.gif

I've had fittings before and I think the best pair/fitting I got I winged because I liked them. They were cheap though, I wouldn't recommend with $600 frames. That's why I want to get a really nice pair with those measurements. @Honour Over Glory has me on Persols but they won't let me put my prescription in. @ColePens Rayban has some nice ones but looking at $300-400.

I can get one pair of Cartiers or a brand below eyeglasses, sunglasses, and something else. Or quit being a p***y and just put the stack towards Lasik. Decisions :huh:
Dude I will 1000000% never get Lasik. I have a funny experience. Now first and foremost - my buddy's lasik went perfectly well. It was just the 3-5 days of hell that make me say no. I like how i look in glasses.

But long story short.. my buddy asked if I would pick him up from Lasik. He walks out like a blind man, no assistance, so I get out of the car and help him. I legit said "Dude.. you better not jump scare me or i'll punch you." He was basically blind trying to find my car. So i walked him to my car.

In my car his head is down and he's just saying they burn so bad. We drive 35 minutes to his house.. I have to walk him into his house because he still cannot see and his eyes are burning. I sit him on his couch so he can make it through the next week. :laugh:

But watching what he went through, that is 3-5 days of hell I do not want. And this was last year. His eyes are perfect now and it was only short term awfulness for long term game. Someone who despises glasses would benefit from the short term pain. But helllll no for me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
tenor.gif

Personally I usually get sunglasses I really like and then get them done with rx lenses elsewhere. I find the rx frames of sunglass versions at times are of lower quality. I have an eye issue where I can get lasik (again) but my eyesight is so bad that it'll take a few treatments and really I'll need glasses again in my later years again so I've said f*** it to all that. Also, wearing glasses since I was 7-8yrs old, its a part of my identity. It feels weird to not have them.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Dude I will 1000000% never get Lasik. I have a funny experience. Now first and foremost - my buddy's lasik went perfectly well. It was just the 3-5 days of hell that make me say no. I like how i look in glasses.

But long story short.. my buddy asked if I would pick him up from Lasik. He walks out like a blind man, no assistance, so I get out of the car and help him. I legit said "Dude.. you better not jump scare me or i'll punch you." He was basically blind trying to find my car. So i walked him to my car.

In my car his head is down and he's just saying they burn so bad. We drive 35 minutes to his house.. I have to walk him into his house because he still cannot see and his eyes are burning. I sit him on his couch so he can make it through the next week. :laugh:

But watching what he went through, that is 3-5 days of hell I do not want. And this was last year. His eyes are perfect now and it was only short term awfulness for long term game. Someone who despises glasses would benefit from the short term pain. But helllll no for me.

That's crazy! Hell no. I know family members who got it when it first came out and need readers now. It's like damn, what's the point. I'm like you though I couldn't play with my eyes like that. Too risky. I just recently needed them. I couldn't get contacts in. I think I might be able to now after watching videos. But it's like if I couldn't handle touching my eye how the hell would I handle Lasik? I got to decide though; try to get contacts in, Lasik, or wear glasses a lot.

Personally I usually get sunglasses I really like and then get them done with rx lenses elsewhere. I find the rx frames of sunglass versions at times are of lower quality. I have an eye issue where I can get lasik (again) but my eyesight is so bad that it'll take a few treatments and really I'll need glasses again in my later years again so I've said f*** it to all that. Also, wearing glasses since I was 7-8yrs old, its a part of my identity. It feels weird to not have them.

:eek: was it hell the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad