Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Tomas Tatar signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $1.5M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Right now this leaves:

Drouin - Mackinnon - Lehkonen
Nuke - Johansen - Rantanen
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogliano - Meyers - O'Connor
Olofsson, Kiviranta/Maenelainen (PTOs)

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
JJ - Girard
Malinski

and in the POs Kovalenko and potentially Landeskog will join the fray. Sprinkle in a 4C and a depth Dman and the Avs are definitely looking like a favorite again this year.
Yep. I'm high on the Avs this season. I think a nice offseason to rest will be very beneficial to their guys. With Tatar, I like their depth a lot better too. I'd take them over DAL as the Central favourite.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think the avs is going with a good old squad rotation.
They are going to need to. Wouldn't be surprised they are active in waivers again this year as guys get hurt and/or don't perform.

I think there are too many folks being way too optimistic about the Captain's return before 24-25 season.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I like this signing because I don't have high hopes for Drouin working out. He just doesn't fit into the Avs identity, which is a fast aggressive team that checks hard. Yeah he may put up some points if he gets a chance on the top line, but it's so easy to go back to Lehkonen if Drouin has a bad game or two and behind the top line, I think Tatar is a better option on the 2nd line. At least he played in the top 6 for a elite team in NJ almost all of last year and knows how he can be useful.

Drouin for me is depth skill until proven otherwise.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
25% of their forward group are former Habs (Tatar. Lehkonen, Drouin) combined cap hit of 6.825M. Not bad, it was 13.1M when they were Habs
Sakic and MacFarland have made it their MO to pay pennies on the dollar for distressed/undervalued assets, and then put them in a position to succeed on the ice based on what they do best.

Last edited:

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Great signing. Pushes O'Connor to a more suitable 4th line role.

Drouin-Mackinnon-Nuke
Lehkonen-RyJo-Rantanen
Wood-Colton-Tatar
Cogliano-Meyers-LOC

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sakic is a credit to your team. Incredible value for a player of that caliber.
Sakic is the greatest GM ever, he's so good that he will never ever relinquish the GM title ever for the rest of his life. He was quoted saying he could do this job for the next twenty years if Avs give him the job security. Watch out rest of the NHL, Sakic is here to wreak havoc for decades as the GM.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Aves really nice job gaining depth during the offseason. Thinking Tatar and Colton are both shooters and would rather have Tatar with Johansen and Nichushkin with Colton, but they can play around with it. Kane likely to Detroit now?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Mack's going to demand a trade 16 games in when his line mates are Drouin and Tatar.
I meant more just being around a super competitive guy like Mackinnon then playing substantial time with him

Mackninnon has a history of elevating his play in the playoffs and has a cup now as well.

Tatar hasnt played on teams with established elite playoff guys really (wings maybe dats and z-berg but both were old when he began, vegas they barely existed in his time there, habs had no one, and NJ was super young)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Have you considered the Devils are deeper at forward than the Avs? And they also don't have a PPG+ elite two way winger on LTIR that's do back for game 1 of the playoffs?

Seems like you actually haven't thought much about this at all.
I thought about it enough. Followed him for years. I highly doubt you did. He’s a loser. If you’re happy with regular season success and then that 50-60 point forward turning into an ECHLer when your team needs him the most, so be it.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Man, this signing makes me less optimistic that Landeskog will ever play hockey again.

However if he does at ANY point this year (and still remembers how to hockey) this team is terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad