Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Tomas Tatar signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $1.5M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The move I expected all summer long honestly. Avs had been linked to him plenty before and they have a tendency to get those guys in the long run.

He won't help much in the playoffs. But I think we have plenty of reinforcements on the way for the playoffs anyway, we needed depth scoring desperately in the regular season and this guy will do that for us.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Fantastic low risk signing.

AVs constant regular season injuries, he can move up and down the lineup to balance scoring. Terrible playoff performer, slot into the 3rd line could improve his performance.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
1694532137414.gif

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The move I expected all summer long honestly. Avs had been linked to him plenty before and they have a tendency to get those guys in the long run.

He won't help much in the playoffs. But I think we have plenty of reinforcements on the way for the playoffs anyway, we needed depth scoring desperately in the regular season and this guy will do that for us.

You'd think he'd accidentally get some points in the playoffs eventually thanks to the law of large numbers.

Maybe it'll be this year.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Basically this year’s E-Rod signing for the Avs. Probably not a huge difference maker in the playoffs but as middle six wingers with good even strength results go - you can’t argue with the price. Great value. He will be a pretty seamless fit for a team that was really needing an extra piece up front that could be a nailed on top 9 player.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Great signing IMO, yeah he disappears in the playoffs, but as a complementary skilled guy, I think he can work wonders for stretches with the amount of talent the Colorado has. At the very least, very good depth player, and while I can't prove it (cause I don't know the guy), he looks like he has a great personality overall, underrated incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad