Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Tomas Tatar signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $1.5M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs lines are getting better with this addition.

Lehk Mackinnon Nichushkin
Drouin Johansen Rantanen
Wood Colton Tatar
Meyers O'Connor Cogliano

With their injury history, believe the AVs might add another forward into the group.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Would've thought a team like Buffalo or Ottawa would take a shot as he's a fantastic regular season player. He's shown enough that he's useless in the playoffs and Colorado will be a top team this year so I'm a bit confused as to why they'd want him, but at that cap hit, nothing wrong with it.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
i figured the money was for kane but with the recent kane rumors maybe he was no longer an option

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Would've thought a team like Buffalo or Ottawa would take a shot as he's a fantastic regular season player. He's shown enough that he's useless in the playoffs and Colorado will be a top team this year so I'm a bit confused as to why they'd want him, but at that cap hit, nothing wrong with it.

We were definitely talking about him on HF Sens as an attractive target.

I think Ottawa went for the higher ceiling guy in Tarasenko (along with the cap headaches to go along with it) but you can't argue with that price.

Tarasenko does have 44 playoff goals including 3 last season so maybe Ottawa is trying to be confident.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Potential for Landeskog to return in the playoffs (wishful thinking), and the addition of Kovalenko towards the end of the season could mean that the Avs don't really need to rely on him as much in the playoffs as maybe other teams have.

Colorado effect is real sometimes, a lot of players have had career years with this core and backend.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s slow and soft. I’m not exactly sure he fits the Avs style of play.
The Avs play with speed but so do the Devils and he fit fine. He’s not slow for a 32/33 year old. He’s adept at slotting on with more talented centers and both Hughes and Hischier did statistically better with him than without him last season. He’s was also way more feisty and willing to mix it up last year than he had been previously. He was a low-key glue guy in Jersey last season.

Of course - he went Casper in the playoffs and his reputation in the second season is well-earned. But for $1.5 and no commitment - you worry about that in April.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is a very Avs signing. Rounds out the roster nicely. He was very effective in the regular season for the Devils and he's a good play connector in transition, so I think he'll fit the Avs nicely and round out the roster.

Drouin - Mackinnon - Lehkonen
Nuke - Johansen - Rantanen
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogliano - ______ - O'Connor
_______

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Good signing by the Avs, though it very much remains to be seen if Tatar can show up for the playoffs.

Seems like Tatar and/or his agent really overplayed their hand this offseason though.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
This is a very Avs signing. Rounds out the roster nicely. He was very effective in the regular season for the Devils and he's a good play connector in transition, so I think he'll fit the Avs nicely and round out the roster.

Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogliano - ______ - O'Connor
_______
Right now this leaves:

Wood - Colton - Tatar
Cogliano - Meyers - O'Connor
Olofsson, Kiviranta/Maenelainen (PTOs)

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
JJ - Girard
Malinski

and in the POs Kovalenko and potentially Landeskog will join the fray. Sprinkle in a 4C and a depth Dman and the Avs are definitely looking like a favorite again this year.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad