Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Gotta wonder how Stone would feel of he was traded. Everytime I've seen them in Ottawa they were together, not to mention they're dating a pair of twins.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If they shut him down then maybe he started the season hurt/got hurt during camp.

I am willing to see if the time spent on IR will prove helpful. But I'm on board with this being it, time for Ceci to earn the accolades.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You don’t change the roster when you’re winning.

But he’ll be back for Saturday.
When he does come back, might be nice to keep rolling Boro and Harpur as our shutdown pair, open up Ceci and Lajoie along with Chabot and DeMelo for softer mins (along with Wideman on whatever pair he rotates in and out of).

I think it's pretty clear Jaro will come out though. He's been fine for a callup, but hasn't done enough to push anybody else out.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ottawa guy
Good friend of Stone
5x5 contract incoming

Must be a conflicting time for Stone who also likes to win.

On one hand you like to win.

On the other you keep your best friend on the team.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There needs to be zero exceptions for any of Stone, Duchene or Dzingel. Not signing, then you're traded.

Rather get something than nothing and if they haven't signed by the deadline, its foolish to think they will by July 1st.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Another Tavares disaster....I still can not believe the islanders got hosed like that,and we think our team has problems. Geez
at least have the dignity to change your name and come back with a different brand after your failed Karlsson predictions.

Reactions: branch

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Would you rather lose Stone for nothing.

Another Tavares disaster....I still can not believe the islanders got hosed like that,and we think our team has problems. Geez

1. Since when is looking at the worst possible situation as a basis for a comparison a normal thing to do in any aspect of life?

Would I rather lose Stone for nothing à la Tavares? Of course not that's just common sense but that's not the way to look at things. That's not the way any successful organization would look at it anyways. If anything this just further demonstrates how dysfunctional this organization really is. No I don't want to lose Stone, but in how many markets does the fanbase have this kind of conversation about their best players? (Other than teams in cap trouble) Not a lot of them and those teams are not teams you should compare with.

2. I envy the Islanders. I envy them because they are committed to keeping their best player(s). Willing to pay Tavares what he deserved rather than just trading him because the owner doesn't want to pay him. Willing to make a drastic change in management bringing in one of the most well known and respected executive in the game in Lou Lamoriello. Willing to bring in the best coach available, one of the best coach in the league in Barry Trotz. The team is currently in the process of building a new arena in Belmont Park. They just drafted Noah Dobson and Oliver Wahlstrom, and have one of the best young centers in the NHL in Matt Barzal. Not everything is perfect for the NYI, but they are taking major steps in the right direction despite Tavares desire to move on to his hometown.

On the other hand in Ottawa we have an owner not willing to keep the best player EVEN IF HE WANTS TO STAY. Threatens to move the team on national TV during the outdoor game, cuts the management and scouting team to bare bone. Now we might lose our two other best players via trade because either they won't want to stay in this mess or the owner simply won't be willing to pay them with an adequate bonus structured contract (or not give them a NMC to then trade them). When Tkatchuk, Brown, Chabot and etc will be going into their UFA years looking for a payday will we even give them the money they deserve? Who knows...

Let's not kid ourselves, the Islanders had a bad luck with Tavares but they did try their best to keep him. Losing Tavares the way they did is a bad judgement call, but it's nowhere near how bad we have it here.

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Would I rather lose Stone for nothing à la Tavares? Of course not that's just common sense but that's not the way to look at things. That's not the way any successful organization would look at it anyways. If anything this just further demonstrates how dysfunctional this organization really is. No I don't want to lose Stone, but in how many markets does the fanbase have this kind of conversation about their best players? (Other than teams in cap trouble) Not a lot of them and those teams are not teams you should compare with.
It’s sadly a reality for the Senators and how we should be looking at the team. It’s either we sign him or trade him before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad