Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Ceci for Hall I am sure might have been discussed but no way would Edmonton chose Ceci over the recent 3rd overall pick in Larsson. It's fun to joke about but it was never a thing.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bruce Garrioch ‘expect Ceci to be dealt because contract talks are at a standstill’

Alfie + Karlsson + Stone + Spezza + Dzingel + Zibinejed + Duchene

Player ‘We need a contract’

Dorion after a long silence ‘why are you talking to me?’

Players ‘don’t you give out the contracts?’

Dorion just stares back in silence. Checks notes, players no longer in ELC

Dorion ‘Dammit, is it 2019 already!
Someone get me Scott Gomez on Line 3’

Players ‘hello? Am I part of this team or not?’

Dorion picks up the phone to Bruce Garrioch ‘Bruce report this, contract negotiations not going well, players are asking for money, if they continue to ask for money, expectations is they will be dealt.’

Players are dealt for poor returns

Dorion ‘great day, talks just never progressed. We just felt it was time to rebuild this rebuild and only have players in their ELC

Reactions: Beville and FlyingJ

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You know...Babcock will be the best coach Ceci has ever played for. If they play the kid to his strength (aka, NOT a shutdown D), they might actually like the kid. Not saying he'll be great or anything, but he might just end up looking like a legit #4 guy on the second pairing.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
You know...Babcock will be the best coach Ceci has ever played for. If they play the kid to his strength (aka, NOT a shutdown D), they might actually like the kid. Not saying he'll be great or anything, but he might just end up looking like a legit #4 guy on the second pairing.

Maybe, but there have been endless complaints about the Leafs defense under Babcock, and plenty of complaints about how he uses his guys.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I'm in this camp as well. He wasn't used properly here, I think he can be a decent number 4 staying away from top line opposition.

I think Zaitsev is going to be the same. Hopefully DJ already understands this and puts him in a place to succeed in the 2020-2021 season.

orkid

Jun 25, 2014
I'm calling that he looks better as a Leaf than he did in the past 2 years as a Senator.

I think this is obvious. He's going to play with Reilly or Brodie and have Tavares/Matthews/Marner to pass to. Has he ever come close to having that kind of talent, let alone a competent D partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad