Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So a team that has had nothing but shit flung at it all offseason ,will likely announce an overpay on its most unliked player first...Humm what could go wrong...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This arbitrator is really taking all the time that's been allocated for him to make this decision, isn't he?

How long does it frikkin' take to give him the $4m he'll obviously get?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This arbitrator is really taking all the time that's been allocated for him to make this decision, isn't he?

How long does it frikkin' take to give him the $4m he'll obviously get?
They give the parties 48 hours after the hearing to see if they can come to an agreement

Reactions: Cosmix

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Unless the 2 parties signal the arbitrator that they are close to a possible deal there is little reason for an arbitrator to delay and take the full 48 hours to render a decision. I guess that's what happens when you pay by the hour instead of the job. ;)

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Okay save your reaction for when you see fit to react, other people will comment on the ongoing state of the team. Are you a fan that only cheers when Ottawa wins the Stanley Cup or do you react to goals and fights - or do you just saving it all up for the Stanley Cup parade that is going to happen in the future.

Your angry reaction to the fans is just emotion directed at your fellow fan instead of management - exact same thing, but for some reason you think your reaction is better then other peoples, it's not better, it's just a reaction like everyone else.

Or maybe I'm not a bozo who starts freaking out about something approximately half way through the process?

And by the way, those of us who don't incessantly shit on every single move aren't automatically thrilled with everything the team does either. It's not one or the other. I wish the team spent more, I wish we had a bigger and/or better front office, I wish we had a richer owner and a better arena and arena location and I wish we made the playoffs every f***ing year. But that's not the reality of things. But apparently because I don't direct every ounce of emotion at management and ownership means I support them 100%. That's not how it works.

Just so f***ing tired of all the whining and bitching all the time even when nothing has f***ing happened. Arbitration in this form has existed for more than 20 years and this is how it goes 99.9% of the time.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Just so ****ing tired of all the whining and *****ing all the time even when nothing has ****ing happened. Arbitration in this form has existed for more than 20 years and this is how it goes 99.9% of the time.

Yep.

'Their are alot of rumors out there that I shouldn't even have to acknowledge' - pierre dorion

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Or maybe I'm not a bozo who starts freaking out about something approximately half way through the process?

And by the way, those of us who don't incessantly **** on every single move aren't automatically thrilled with everything the team does either. It's not one or the other. I wish the team spent more, I wish we had a bigger and/or better front office, I wish we had a richer owner and a better arena and arena location and I wish we made the playoffs every ****ing year. But that's not the reality of things. But apparently because I don't direct every ounce of emotion at management and ownership means I support them 100%. That's not how it works.

Just so ****ing tired of all the whining and *****ing all the time even when nothing has ****ing happened. Arbitration in this form has existed for more than 20 years and this is how it goes 99.9% of the time.

Pageau will be the Captain of the Ottawa Senators at game 82.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
They give the parties 48 hours after the hearing to see if they can come to an agreement

48 hours is a soft deadline - it often takes longer. The parties can negotiate right up until the arbitrator e-mails his decision. Good chance that it comes down tomorrow, probably sometime during Stone's hearing.

I'm anticipating 3.8M and for the Sens to elect to lock it in for 2 years.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
48 hours is a soft deadline - it often takes longer. The parties can negotiate right up until the arbitrator e-mails his decision. Good chance that it comes down tomorrow, probably sometime during Stone's hearing.

I'm anticipating 3.8M and for the Sens to elect to lock it in for 2 years.
Under 4 would be great I think it will be closer to the middle somewhere in the 4.25-4.5 range

Reactions: Icelevel

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Weird I don’t see everyone in here losing their mind over the fact that a team just set an arbitration number for a guy who scored 40+ goals for them of $3.5 million.

If that had happened here, no matter the context, you guys would be ready to burn this ****ing place down.

You honestly think Karlsson will ever score 40+ goals in a season again? Kid had an absolute monster year. It would be like Zack Smith turning into a 50-goal scorer next year.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You honestly think Karlsson will ever score 40+ goals in a season again? Kid had an absolute monster year. It would be like Zack Smith turning into a 50-goal scorer next year.

No, it’s nothing like that. Karlsson did score 40 last season. Smith has never scored close to 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad