Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Don't ya just love this man
eugene-melnyk.jpg

"These two clubs came real close to making a pretty big trade not that long ago and just couldn’t get it done, and that trade was Taylor Hall for, I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci, so it would have been Hall for Ceci, but it had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership and before they could get clearance Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson," said Dreger as per the Edmonton Journal.

Seriously if Dorion had a pair this would have been done

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I have to say when the team presents advanced stats, hell even regular stats, to the arbiter it should be pretty convincing. I doubt he will award Ceci more than 4.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It'll be a one year deal chosen by Ottawa, and we will again not hear a damn thing from the organization other than a tweet. Same goes for Stone. The media gag order will continue.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Ceci as a Senator. Rushed and misused to save money. What a shame.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
10 bucks? Isn't that what the team offered Ceci?

Hey, you’re not the wallet inspector.

So Ceci made 3.35 last year, and that’s what Ottawa is offering now. Has the team soured on him? Part of it has to do with trying to keep his salary down, but how often does a team offer the same salary amount in arbitration? My guess is they don’t like Ceci as much as they did a year ago or two years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hey, you’re not the wallet inspector.

So Ceci made 3.35 last year, and that’s what Ottawa is offering now. Has the team soured on him? Part of it has to do with trying to keep his salary down, but how often does a team offer the same salary amount in arbitration? My guess is they don’t like Ceci as much as they did a year ago or two years ago.

I feel the same way with the organizations feelings about Ceci. I don't think it will happen but if the Senators decide on a 2 year term it will be very telling.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I feel the same way with the organizations feelings about Ceci. I don't think it will happen but if the Senators decide on a 2 year term it will be very telling.

I was thinking a two year term could be team beneficial. It depends on what everyone thinks will happen with Karlsson. If he is traded, especially sooner rather than later, that likely would result in increased stats for Ceci and an increased role. Two years salary based on last year may be a better deal than two one year salaries if he has a better statistical year this year due to Karlsson leaving.

I'd argue if the team wants two, one reason may likely be that they consider losing Karlsson a forgone conclusion.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I was thinking a two year term could be team beneficial. It depends on what everyone thinks will happen with Karlsson. If he is traded, especially sooner rather than later, that likely would result in increased stats for Ceci and an increased role. Two years salary based on last year may be a better deal than two one year salaries if he has a better statistical year this year due to Karlsson leaving.

I'd argue if the team wants two, one reason may likely be that they consider losing Karlsson a forgone conclusion.

A two year deal means he is a UFA when that contract expires though. It would be more beneficial if they don't see him as a part of their long term plans. If they want him as a part of their team moving forward a one year deal now and a long term deal next year is how they would attempt to play it out.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I don't get why each side needs to hear what the other says about them in these arbitration hearings...seems to me all that does is create hurt feelings/bad blood between the team and its player. Why not just have the GM and the player agent plead their cases separately to the arbitrator and wait for his/her decision?

Pretty sure it's about transparency and accountability.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don't get why each side needs to hear what the other says about them in these arbitration hearings...seems to me all that does is create hurt feelings/bad blood between the team and its player. Why not just have the GM and the player agent plead their cases separately to the arbitrator and wait for his/her decision?

It can be distasteful, and sometimes an agreement is meet before proceeding to arbitration, to avoid it.

So it can be a motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad