Management Claude Julien III - the final countdown?(ALL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
I'd really like to shake things up let's hire Patrick Roy as head coach. He was really doing well with Colorado til the ownership got involved in the decision making..

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Just recognize that you are advocating for a total tear down of the current edition of this team. If you're ready for two or three years of bottoming out to change to a run and gun style fine.

Well, this will be a third year of not making the playoffs, this rebuild could have been further along - but instead they are stuck in no mans land.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I was thinking, does Claude Julien make the final decisions on roster? I feel like his hands are tied and FO makes all those decisions. I could be wrong. Anyone know?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I'd really like to shake things up let's hire Patrick Roy as head coach. He was really doing well with Colorado til the ownership got involved in the decision making..

Like we don't already have that going on...:laugh:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm in favour of letting this coach go now or end of season. start fresh next season. This team is done. Take advantage of trade deadline deals. Retolll with Fresh everything. Coach team and management have already wasted this season

:badidea:

You trust the management who "has wasted this season" (your own words) to take advantage of trade deadline deals ?

There seems to be a missing link in the logic chain.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I was thinking, does Claude Julien make the final decisions on roster? I feel like his hands are tied and FO makes all those decisions. I could be wrong. Anyone know?

I mean, he's allowed to scratch Phil Kessel in favor of Jeremy Reich in a playoff series and play Alex Khokhlachev 2 minutes in a game. So that counts for something.

Bruins1233

Apr 30, 2016
For those who think that Claude is the only thing keeping this team from being Arizona, do you really think that Ottawa, Toronto, Philadelphia, St Louis, and Calgary are significantly better than the Bruins?
If you think they are about the same then you are admitting Claude adds nothing.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I see Neeley as a hot head who wants players who live up to his expectations of the type of player he was. Holding them up to that standard is difficult. The NHL has changed and he is a dinosaur in that regard. Great player but not very good as president.

My god, if neely is a dinosaur...clode is a one cell first sign of life ))))))

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

He had one good season when the goalie stood on his head. I don't want him anywhere near this team and can't understand why anyone would.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Watching Greg Campbell go over the boards as a sixth skater was extremely irritating when the club was winning.

Seeing Riley Nash take a two minute overtime shift, when the team is in a death spiral, is just insane.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Bruins having a coach that didn't do those things.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Watching Greg Campbell go over the boards as a sixth skater was extremely irritating when the club was winning.

Seeing Riley Nash take a two minute overtime shift, when the team is in a death spiral, is just insane.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Bruins having a coach that didn't do those things.

Julien didn't do that.
Maybe you should watch it again , and this time pay attention.
You might learn something. ;)

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I mean, he's allowed to scratch Phil Kessel in favor of Jeremy Reich in a playoff series and play Alex Khokhlachev 2 minutes in a game. So that counts for something.

I think Koko would take those 2 minutes a game now, his KHL coach doesn't even dress him.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Well his GM didn't need to make Nash the latest of his lousy UFA signings. Unless we are going to use the "Clode made him do it" excuse again.

Sweeney definitely put him over the boards for an OT shift. Gotcha.

If he played Moore I wouldn't have batted an eye. You know, who actually has skill.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Julien didn't do that.
Maybe you should watch it again , and this time pay attention.
You might learn something. ;)

Didn't do what? How long was Nash out there for overtime? It might not have been 2 minutes but it sure felt like it they way he played.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I knew people would be all over Julien for the Nash shift in OT but I think it's forgivable. When they had possession he made some nice plays but once they gave up the puck he got stuck out there. It wasn't like Claude was telling him to take a 2 minute shift, they just got trapped out there with the long change. It's very hard to make a change in 3-on-3 if the other team decides to just hang on to the puck in the neutral zone like the Wings did.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
If Spooner gets an OT shift because of his offensive skill, I don't necessarily have a problem with Nash getting a quick OT shift because of his defensive skill. I don't even recall who he was out there against, which may have been relevant. He was out there for way too long but these things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad